new gaming rig.

zeek55

n00b
I wrote a post couple of weeks ago, but kind of started over on my gaming rig. I have not gamed since 2005 and everything has changed, but looking to get back into it. I am not tech savvy and will not be overclocking or building my own rig. Will use computerlx.com to build it as do not have time/will to build the rig myself. Would like to know from you guys if there is anything critically wrong with this build,-don't care too much about every little detail, but am worried if cooling will be problem for this set up as the retailer has a lot of add on cooling options. Thank you so much for any input ahead of time.
-Will be using it mostly for FPS shooters.

Intel Core i7 Processor i7-3770 3.4GHz 8MB QUAD CORE

Corsair HYDRO H60 ENCLOSED LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM

Asus P8B75-V LGA1155/ Intel B75/ Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard

16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Dual Channel

SEAGATE / WD 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE SATA 6.0Gb/s

SAMSUNG 250GB Solid State Drive SATA III (READ/WRITE 540MB/250MB)

12X BLU-RAY DISK BURNER DVD-RW COMBO DRIVE w/3D Feature

nVidia GeForce GTX680 4GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI PCI-EXP Video Card

REALTEK 8-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD

REALTEK 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card (onboard)

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior

CORSAIR 850 WATT HIGH PERFORMANCE SLI/CROSSFIRE POWER SUPPLY

3-Year Limited Warranty Plan with Lifetime of free USA based Support Custom Hand Wiring For Ultimate Air Flow, Assembled in Cleveland, Ohio, USA

FED-EX GROUND SHIPPING "FREE" (1-7 BUSINESS DAYS)

total= $2,204

would probably get this monitor to go along= Asus VE278H

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
FPS shooters/MMORPG/web browsing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Up to 2,500
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Colorado western slope
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Building from scratch
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
no reuse
6) Will you be overclocking?
no
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
will be most likely getting Asus VE278H -27 inches
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the month, but can wait if recommended
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
do not even know what this means
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I will get 64 bit windows 8 professional unless recommend something else

There's nothing critically wrong with your build, but I still recommend that you make a few changes.

Drop the processor down to an i5-3470. There's no reason for you to spend the extra money on an i7-3770 as you don't need Hyper Threading for gaming.

Likewise, grab a 2x4GB kit (make sure they're using RAM that runs at 1.5V) instead of a 2x8GB kit. Use the "savings" from the processor and memory "downgrades" to upgrade your SSD to the Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. It's much faster than the "plain" Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD.

If you're not going with a dual-card setup, then you don't need an 850 watt power supply. Grab one of the Corsair (TX or HX) 650- or 750-watt PSUs instead.

Also, the stock Intel HSF is more than enough if you're not overclocking anything. If you still want an aftermarket CPU cooler, go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (or EVO), which provides excellent cooling at a much lower cost than the Corsair H60. (No, the H60 isn't quieter than the Hyper 212 Plus/Evo. The tower cooler only has one fan running whereas the H60 has a pump for the liquid and the fan to direct the cold air.)

On another note, have you done any research on ComputerLX?

thank you tiraides for your time and advice, you make some good points. As far as computerlx my brother bought his PC from there and was very happy, and they seem to get good reviews. Also considering digital storm, but $500 more expensive for similar PC, not yet sure what I will end up doing.

would u consider switching from a gtx 680 to a 7970? the 3GB of VRAM makes a big difference when playing in high res and using AA

Back