New Gaming Build Advice

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming and just general browsing and such. I will definitely be playing Civ VI when that comes out. Also looking to get Mafia 3 and maybe Battlefield One.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I'd say $700. I would appreciate if tax and shipping are included.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
'Murica. More specifically California
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU,
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
1Tb Hitachi HDD, 128GB Kingston HyperX, PCIE wifi adapter (I have a USB adapter as well that I can use if I cant get this to work), Hyper 212 Plus
6) Will you be overclocking?
I would like to, but I imagine at this budget, that will likely limit me to the non-k i5. At the very least I'll OC the gpu.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I have two monitors, both 1080p. Obviously I will only be using one in game
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next month
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Nothing in particular. obviously a z-170 mobo if a 6600k can be fit into the budget
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yea. I can get a copy of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit through my university.

Last edited:
This should be around $700 when you add tax and shipping. But the stuff from Amazon should ship free if you buy it all at once.

PC Hound Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 6MB ($203.5 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B150M Pro4 ($73.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced 16GB (2 x 8GB) Blackline ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 06G-P4-6163-KR ($241.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: EVGA 600W 600B 100-B1-0600-KR ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 841163060001 ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $669.45
Price may include shipping, rebates, promotions, and tax
Generated by PC Hound

Back