New four bangers unavailable?

2 weeks out was what I heard today from my local chain.
Also why did the 1600AF reappear at $105 this week?

2 weeks out was what I heard today from my local chain.
Also why did the 1600AF reappear at $105 this week?
Probably because the supply of the new stuff at this price point is low. AMD really just wants something at every price point covered. I'm wanting to upgrade my stepson's ancient quad core Sandy Bridge. If the 3300x takes any longer I'm probably going to book the 1600AF at the 105 price point if I can.

Probably because the supply of the new stuff at this price point is low. AMD really just wants something at every price point covered. I'm wanting to upgrade my stepson's ancient quad core Sandy Bridge. If the 3300x takes any longer I'm probably going to book the 1600AF at the 105 price point if I can.

I don't know what they're seeing in their sales data, but a $20-30 break on the low end in $ tiers is messed up.

1200af should have been launched at $65.

3300x being what it is blasted in all the launch PR should stay where it is.

The 1600af I get why they raised the price, but seeing as how it debuted at $85 should have stayed there.

Enthusiasts are going to eat up the 3300x bc that gamjng use case that drove 1600/2600/1600af/3600 sales is a no brainier driver for another I socket cpu sale.

Holy shit, it's still ridiculously hard to find these things weeks later!

Holy shit, it's still ridiculously hard to find these things weeks later!
Yeah, was looking at one myself, but if they take much longer I might as well just wait on zen3 :). At least it'll give me some time to see if any B550 boards are worth it. Stock has been really crappy in general though, from x570 boards to misc. CPU's. Hopefully these issues get resolved sooner than later.

Yeah, was looking at one myself, but if they take much longer I might as well just wait on zen3 :). At least it'll give me some time to see if any B550 boards are worth it. Stock has been really crappy in general though, from x570 boards to misc. CPU's. Hopefully these issues get resolved sooner than later.
Wish I could. Feel guilty, lol. My stepson is gaming on a nearly fully used build using an ancient i5 sandy bridge quad w/o HT. It's doing the job with his Rx580 for now. But I want to bump him up a bit. I keep looking at the 1600AF on Amazon for 105

Wish I could. Feel guilty, lol. My stepson is gaming on a nearly fully used build using an ancient i5 sandy bridge quad w/o HT. It's doing the job with his Rx580 for now. But I want to bump him up a bit. I keep looking at the 1600AF on Amazon for 105

Why not just bag a used 2600 for ~$100?

Adding HT alone is barely an upgrade, at least IMO. Zen+ or Zen2 would give him the bump I want for him.

I meant that compared to the 1600AF. At $85, the 1600AF is a smoking deal for what you get. At $105, it brings other options into play like the 2600.

But I agree that something Zen2 is probably what you're after.

I meant that compared to the 1600AF. At $85, the 1600AF is a smoking deal for what you get. At $105, it brings other options into play like the 2600.

yeah, at 85 it was crazy. Which is probably why we don't see it at 85 anymore. :(

I don't know what they're seeing in their sales data, but a $20-30 break on the low end in $ tiers is messed up.

1200af should have been launched at $65.

3300x being what it is blasted in all the launch PR should stay where it is.

The 1600af I get why they raised the price, but seeing as how it debuted at $85 should have stayed there.

Enthusiasts are going to eat up the 3300x bc that gamjng use case that drove 1600/2600/1600af/3600 sales is a no brainier driver for another I socket cpu sale.

tbh i have two theories with the 1600AF, either they thought it wasn't going to sell worth a damn so they just put it at a price and hoped to clear out all the stock they had OR they intended for it to be a limited run cpu and when they ran out that was going to be it. instead it actually sold well so they've continued to produce them which probably isn't cheap.

the 3300x though looks like a fun cpu, i may just grab one for shits and giggles to mess with it. curious to see if the 3300x is being used as a test platform for a new CCX design in later zen based cpu's. similar to how they released the HD4770 back in the day on 40nm to test the process before releasing the HD5000 series on 40nm 5 months later.

logistics are still completely screwed up right now so i'd say we have at least another month or two before things start to show signs of getting back to normal. even at my work we were all assuming with everything starting to open again the amount of volume we were moving was going to start dropping, but the complete opposite has happened and now it's starting to go back up again. we're still 230% over what we'd normally be doing this time of year.

Last edited:
My daughters are both on g4560's with RX 560s.... Works fine most of the time, obviously no 4k ultra or anything, but good enough. My son is a step up with a 6600k and RX 570. I run a ryzen 1600 with fury nano, and my wife has a fury x with i5-3450. Yeah, upgrades don't happen as frequently as I'd like, but even at low specs it can be expensive, lol. Looking at upgrading my server and desktop soon, probably pass my CPU to my wife or use it in the server. Not really sure yet, and since nothing is in stock gives me a great excuse to wait it out, lol.

Y
tbh i have two theories with the 1600AF, either they thought it wasn't going to sell worth a damn so they just put it at a price and hoped to clear out all the stock they had OR they intended for it to be a limited run cpu and when they ran out that was going to be it. instead it actually sold well so they've continued to produce them which probably isn't cheap.

the 3300x though looks like a fun cpu, i may just grab one for shits and giggles to mess with it. curious to see if the 3300x is being used as a test platform for a new CCX design in later zen based cpu's. similar to how they released the HD4770 back in the day on 40nm to test the process before releasing the HD5000 series on 40nm 5 months later.

logistics are still completely screwed up right now so i'd say we have at least another month or two before things start to show signs of getting back to normal. even at my work we were all assuming with everything starting to open again the amount of volume we were moving was going to start dropping, but the complete opposite has happened and now it's starting to go back up again. we're still 230% over what we'd normally be doing this time of year.
Yeah, if the 3300x was in stock I would have impulse bought one already.... Now that my impulse has passed (couldn't find stock and motherboards were almost impossible to find as well) I'll probably wait to see what makes the most sense :).

Y

Yeah, if the 3300x was in stock I would have impulse bought one already.... Now that my impulse has passed (couldn't find stock and motherboards were almost impossible to find as well) I'll probably wait to see what makes the most sense :).
I preordered my 3300X from BHPhoto on May 11th... The estimated ship date has moved a couple of times and is now Jun 26, 2020... I would cancel, but they had a brief period where you could preorder for $110 + tax.

These paper launches from AMD are driving me nuts. And it's even more frustrating that these CPUs are available in Europe and Canada. AMD is US-based, and we invented the Internet.... So I don't get why they would not launch here first. It's not like Canada is closer to Taiwan where TSMC is.

1591890242589.png

They were readily available here in Canada when they released. Haven't checked in a week though, might have changed.

Edit: Canada Computers still show In Stock for the 3300X.

I preordered my 3300X from BHPhoto on May 11th... The estimated ship date has moved a couple of times and is now Jun 26, 2020... I would cancel, but they had a brief period where you could preorder for $110 + tax.

These paper launches from AMD are driving me nuts. And it's even more frustrating that these CPUs are available in Europe and Canada. AMD is US-based, and we invented the Internet.... So I don't get why they would not launch here first. It's not like Canada is closer to Taiwan where TSMC is.

View attachment 252720
Lol, it's not just AMD, Intel supply issues have been crap too. It is annoying though, regardless of who, but it's sadly ths new norm.

I have been watching and watching my local Microcenter here in Dallas since the announcement. Nevermind you can't get these two quads. They can't even keep the 2600 in stock. I've heard the stories about AMD outselling Intel for the DIYer. But I haven't seen any numbers myself.

However from what I've seen, in the 100-200 dollar range AMD is killing it.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Out of stock at Newegg. I have one I preordered from B&HPhoto back in May for $119, availability kept getting pushed back a week every week, today when I checked now says July 16.

Sam

I’m kinda sad the 1600af got bumped to $105.
It woulda been a great utility build to slap together, but b550 $ hike and b450 going away ASAP makes a cheapie build not as easy to point to.

3300x is going to be the go to for all the gaming mostly builds out there until whatever low core count high frequency zen3 part supersedes it.
Drop it’s selling price after zen3 launch and I’m curious how long AMD will have to keep cranking them out to fulfill demand from upgraders.

Out of stock at Newegg. I have one I preordered from B&HPhoto back in May for $119, availability kept getting pushed back a week every week, today when I checked now says July 16.

Sam

I also had the same pre-order in for the 3300x - with the same July 16th estimate.

When I saw it was in-stock at NewEgg, I cancelled by B&H Photo order and did a new order from NewEgg.

Received an email from NewEgg this week that they could not ship my order - as it was actually out-of-stock (after spending four days in "Packaging" status).

Oh well - I give up on getting this "phantom" Ryzen CPU.

My daughter has not said anything about her 1600 AF as it's setting in a MSI B350M Gaming Pro eating 3333Mhz memory clocks at 32Gb Oloy http://www.3dmark.com/fs/21781824 and it was an early $85 chip .. it competed Fire Strike running 3600Mnz speeds but not 100% stable .. http://www.3dmark.com/fs/21479515 so it's range is between those speeds IMO and as you can see it wakes up the faster the memory runs .

Last edited:
Well, I just bit the bullet and decided to just get my son a 3700x instead. These prices are killing me lately. 3300x can't find in stock for under $200. 3600 is MSRP or higher right now (in stock) and 3600x similar. 3700x was $274 shipped. Who is even buying these 3300x's at $200 for people to keep them up at that price? I did set a notification of stock so when they do come in (near MSRP) I may buy one and then take the 3700x to replace my 1600 and give him the 3300x (since he mostly games and I mostly program). I would have given him the 1600 and took the 3700x but the B550's don't support zen/zen+

Just checked Microcenter and they have NOTHING even related to the 3300x or any combination of it. Its a vapor ware CPU.

At the beg of June I ended up getting my son a 3600 non X and he absolutely loves it. Far more Cpu for $50 less than the avg vaporware price of these quad cores.

Just checked Microcenter and they have NOTHING even related to the 3300x or any combination of it. Its a vapor ware CPU.

At the beg of June I ended up getting my son a 3600 non X and he absolutely loves it. Far more Cpu for $50 less than the avg vaporware price of these quad cores.
Yeah, I gave up and bought a 3700x for my son... Kind went a bit overboard, but 3600 was out of stock and 3600x was at MSRP when I was looking... 3700x was $273, so $23 more than the 3600x (when I purchased, I see some placed back down to $230 again now). Oh well, I'm sure it'll run better than his 6600k, and better than my 1600.

Here in Italy the 3300x was available briefly at "sane" price (around 120 EUR), but now it's only available at Amazon for EUR 170 (1 box remaining only), while the 3600 costs EUR 175. This is pure insanity, yet it seems that there are hordes of people who ran to buy the 3300x at this price, although for EUR5 more, you can get the 3600...

Motherboard prices also remain inflated. About EUR 20 above the normal price pre-covid19 and i am talking about the sub-100 EUR models. Higher models probably have bigger differences.

Only good thing, i managed to bag today a 2X8GB 3600Mhz Crucial Ballistix Elite kit for EUR 80 (Amazon offer). I don't even know if my 2600 can run at 3600Mhz, but, what the heck... I had intention to buy yet another RAM kit for spare anyway, so why not this. Worst case scenario, i will run it at 3200Mhz with lower timings.

But this whole covid19 affair, is just terrible, terrible for PC parts prices and availability.

Damn... I got the Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600Mhz and i was sooo happy to see it boot and even finish 3D Mark, where i saw a substantial increase in score. And then i ran Prime95... Error within 5 minutes. So i go back to BIOS (i even flashed the latest BIOS) and set Profile 2 (3333Mhz). I run Prime95, FAIL. So i go back and i manually set 3200Mhz with 14-14-17-14-32-56 (Micron E die, values taken from Ryzen DRAM Calc).
And only now i can pass Prime95.

Prime.png

Prime2.png

Well, i guess i shouldn't complain... I got the kit for EUR80, which is a steal, but i can only run it as 3200C14. I guess if i were to increase voltages, maybe i could pass at higher clocks, but i don't like messing with voltages.

Oh well, at least it was thrilling when i saw that my Ryzen 2600 was actually running with 3600Mhz RAM!!! But, damn, nothing escapes from Prime95!

Last edited:
Got an email from B&H this morning saying my 3300X shipped:) Says it's due to be delivered tomorrow.

Sam

Just saw Qty 2, 3300x in Microcenter (Westmont, IL) @ $119.99, no motherboard discount. I checked again this afternoon & both were gone.

Considering 3600 is $160 with $20 motherboard discount=$140 net, I thnk the +$20 for 3600/mb combo over the 3300x is probably a better way to go.

Last edited:
Just saw Qty 2, 3300x in Microcenter (Westmont, IL) @ $119.99, no motherboard discount. I checked again this afternoon & both were gone.

Considering 3600 is $160 with $20 motherboard discount, I thnk the +$20 for 3600/mb combo is probably a better way to go.
Yeah, I got tired of waiting and just grabbed a 3700x... And right after I did 3600 and 3600x came back in stock and under MSRP. Oh well,.3700x should still work ok 😂

It doesn't help stock availability when people buy them from retailers then try to flip them on the secondary market.

I hope inventory catches up when those flippers are deeply invested and they crap out.

Someday I'll get my 3300X... Ordered on 5/18 from B&H, initial ship date was 6/4, then 6/8, then 6/16, then 6/24, then 7/16, then... no date is showing now. Someday, probably a week before Ryzen 3 launches. Amazon has it in stock for $225, lol.

Someday I'll get my 3300X... Ordered on 5/18 from B&H, initial ship date was 6/4, then 6/8, then 6/16, then 6/24, then 7/16, then... no date is showing now. Someday, probably a week before Ryzen 3 launches. Amazon has it in stock for $225, lol.
Yup, that's how I ended up just getting a 3700x... It was in stock and under MSRP. Thinking about picking up a second one.for my main rig to replace my 1600, but zen3... So close, try to hold off, lol.

Back