New Forza 2 replay video (amazing)

Wow, that is actually the first in-game video that I have seen that's not edited or anything. It looks pretty dang good and sounds excellent. You can tell how good the AI is compared to other racing games... they don't bash into each other, but they don't look like robots either. The Mugello course itself looks amazing as well; it gives you you the sense that you are there and it looks realistic. Moto GP 2006 is a great looking game, but Forza 2's version of Mugello looks leagues better.

Nice video! Graphics do look great (nearly photorealistic). The red glow from the brakes does look a tad out of place, but then agian, I have never actually seen the side view of a race car braking at 200 mph. The brakes probably do glow red. Also, the online and customizations will be amazing features. I can't wait to play Froza 2!

It didn't exactly blow me away. The grass and the curbs look flat and the cars don't look too exciting.

Looks pretty good!

About the brakes: they do go extremely red, depending how hard they're being used and how well they're being cooled. You can see examples of this all over motorsport.

Nice video! Graphics do look great (nearly photorealistic). The red glow from the brakes does look a tad out of place, but then agian, I have never actually seen the side view of a race car braking at 200 mph. The brakes probably do glow red. Also, the online and customizations will be amazing features. I can't wait to play Froza 2!
Yes, racing brakes do really glow red from the heat but I think it was a little overdone in this game...awesome that that they attempted to put it in though!:cool:

Yes, racing brakes do really glow red from the heat but I think it was a little overdone in this game...awesome that that they attempted to put it in though!:cool:

I agree about the brakes. They made it overly bright, what you see in the video is about how bright they would be during a night race in real life. I still like the effect though.

I agree about the brakes. They made it overly bright, what you see in the video is about how bright they would be during a night race in real life. I still like the effect though.
Considering the race in the vid was broad daylight you wouldn't see the glow that brightly in a real race. it's just one of those little details they will probably sort out for Forza 3.....I'm just happy they seemed to spend a lot of time working on the AI.:)

I'm downloading the video now. I'm really looking forward to this game, and one of my favorite bonus features (the car customization) has been GREATLY improved over the original Forza, so I can't wait!

Anyone got a mirror? Comcast blows and I can't connect to microsoft download servers, proxy servers wont let me download a 150mb file.

Excited about this game. Probably not going to be the best looking of the next gen racing games, but I'm sure it will stay true to the first Forza and be fantastic to actually play.

It looked pretty good but I think GTR2 will have the better driving model. Also, unlike GTR2, I don't think there is a true cockpit view in Forza.

Yes the replay looks very very very very nice...but I want to see how it will look like when someone actually is playing it. Does it Nordschleife Nurburgring?

Yes the replay looks very very very very nice...but I want to see how it will look like when someone actually is playing it. Does it Nordschleife Nurburgring?
ya it has nurburgring. As far as when actually playing it the framerate jumps up to 60 and loses the blur effect of the replays. (replays are at 30 fps)

I have to say I'm not a fan of racing simulators. Just couldn't really get into them. Arcade style fan :)

But that looks amazing. For the graphic whores comparing this to GT:HD. Sorry but there really isn't much of an argument. This looks fantastic

The graphics look really flat and crappy and the engine sounds don't sound too great either (monotonous whine) but I'm sure this game will be fun. There is just no "Wow" factor, almost every other car game out right now has significantly better graphics.

Graphics look flat and crappy? Were you people watching the youtube version or what? Watch it in HD.

Is this for xbox 360 only?

This is the Xbox answer (and many say a better one at that) to Gran Turismo. I hate racing games myself, so I couldn't given an opinion. The graphics are very nice though...anyone saying they aren't is a blind *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!.

Looks really nice, just wish it was 1080p :p Can't wait to get the Elite, but when I do, this and GoW will probably be my first 2 picks. (got to pay off the damn HDTV first :D )

Looks really nice, just wish it was 1080p :p Can't wait to get the Elite, but when I do, this and GoW will probably be my first 2 picks. (got to pay off the damn HDTV first :D )
So you are one of those idiots who finance a TV?

Why do you insult me? I wanted an HDTV, not only for gaming purposes, but also for the superbowl(sports + HD channels). I used most of the money saved up, and the rest with 0 apr. With no interest rates, why would that be a stupid thing to do? I've been enjoying my TV ever since.... :confused:

Looks pretty good. I can't wait to play it. I just bought a wheel on ebay for this game! GT:HD has nice textures. Thats it. Forza's lighting is better. I still think Forza's "wheel motion" looks wrong. Will your customized paint scheme show up in Live play unlike the first one?

Why do you insult me? I wanted an HDTV, not only for gaming purposes, but also for the superbowl(sports + HD channels). I used most of the money saved up, and the rest with 0 apr. With no interest rates, why would that be a stupid thing to do? I've been enjoying my TV ever since.... :confused:

I think he's just jealous, he probably can't get any credit and therefore takes his anger out on those who can. Either that, or he's one of those people who handicaps himself by saying all forms of credit are evil without understanding how it actually works.

I financed a TV. Could have paid cash out the door for my HDTV, got no interest for 2 years and let the money sit around making me money instead. Then paid cash when it was due.

Good racing games coming out. Forza 2, Dirt, and uhh...there are some others I don't remember. I think Flatout 2 is coming to the 360. New Burnout game. Juiced 2. PGR 4. I'm most looking forward to Dirt personally...I used to eat it when I was a kid.

I think he's just jealous, he probably can't get any credit and therefore takes his anger out on those who can. Either that, or he's one of those people who handicaps himself by saying all forms of credit are evil without understanding how it actually works.
Don't give me this arrogant bullshit about me not knowing what's going on, because I know full well what's going on. If you don't have the money to buy a TV, you don't buy it. Period. If you don't have anything saved up and then have to get a loan to buy some stupid piece of hardware you are a dumbass and deserve to go bankrupt.

Don't give me this arrogant bullshit about me not knowing what's going on, because I know full well what's going on. If you don't have the money to buy a TV, you don't buy it. Period. If you don't have anything saved up and then have to get a loan to buy some stupid piece of hardware you are a dumbass and deserve to go bankrupt.

This probably isn't the best place to bash people who buy nice hardware :(

You're the dumbass assuming that you know anything about someone's financial situation simply because they mentioned paying off a TV.

I'm sorry but this is one of the STUPIDEST responses I've ever read. I financed my tv for 2 years with no interest and paid it off recently. You don't buy a car or a sofa outright do you? Didn't think so :rolleyes:

You don't buy a car or a sofa outright do you? Didn't think so :rolleyes:
Some of us do... but that doesn't mean we think it's stupid when people finance it either.

Anyway. This thread has been all screwed up now. Lock please!

I've tried your method, and that method gives me a weak credit score. I don't own a house yet, and my car is already paid off, ... so how else do I build a good credit score other than paying my bills and rent..

There’s nothing wrong with using credit cards if you use them wisely. I'm not one of those people that pick up 12 cards and max them all out w/o a plan to pay them all off. I have 2 CC's, one for big projects (like fixes on the car/etc) and the other is a Best Buy card I opened up to get the TV. After I pay off this TV, I will not use the BB card, or for small purchases that I will pay off right away.... wait till the card expires and won't renew.

Anyways, you shouldn't assault people, not everyone is irrespirable with their spending habits.

;)

Back