New figures show Nvidia leaving AMD in the dust with graphics card sales

Jim Kim

2[H]4U
I'm too lazy to post to the direct source or any kind of summary or even a short quote. I still don't know how to forum after so these years.

They both dropped hard this quarter. Title is not very accurate.

Trade wars and crypto aside, AMD did not have a new product line introduced in the fourth quarter, Nvidia did. It's not easy to plan contract purchases for computer manufacturers when the actual cost is not known. Betting once the trade agreements get finalized some of the pressure will come off.
Also, Jim Kim, links can be added to a post with the hyperlink icon in the message post window. I usually start a new line then add the link.

You actually don't need to use the hyperlink icon, you just paste the URL in the post box.

I guess they do not want to go 2200g/2400g as a market they have noting for unless Intel gives them a bone /\ but AMD has another market to push with APU's and I am hoping HD 7950 performance with Zen 2 as my Vega 8 was doing 1700Mhz = around 4000 gpu score in FS as I don't mind waiting as to me was more to PC then RTX was to gaming in the long run if Intel has an eye for the tech and more gpu R&D as an Xbox or PS

As to me they have Radeon gpu's with in them and use drivers to control them and can be sold as stand alone but it looks more like a market that Intel got sued for by packing AIB wallets to keep AMD out as why I only see Intel/Nvidia AIB at Wal-Mart to make sure it's in my face with sky high pricing like normal people would buy it .

Last edited:
How do you guys think Intel making Video cards will effect Nvidia and AMD stock?

I don't think it'll be such a big deal but I am often wrong

All Intel has to do is dominate the $100-$300 market to overtake market share for discrete cards. Something that AMD failed at with Polaris being over power, hotter and had to be pushed hard to compete for performance.

Navi looks to be the card that will gain significant market share except the 1660, 1600 Ti, 1650 look rather good from NVidia.

All Intel has to do is dominate the $100-$300 market to overtake market share for discrete cards. Something that AMD failed at with Polaris being over power, hotter and had to be pushed hard to compete for performance.

Navi looks to be the card that will gain significant market share except the 1660, 1600 Ti, 1650 look rather good from NVidia.
Whats wrong with discrete cards now? Maybe AMD was so successful as the APU they didn't buy them.

fa7c5ba080d15db795544c19c2d6681228dd2aab8a3d9b59c8ea630cd2db36a3.jpg

Those early NAVI benchmarks show AMD has improved their rendering efficiency to match nvidia. Compute performance hasn't changed because they were never really behind there, hence why their cards were always very popular to miners.

If the leaked benchmarks are real, Navi would overtake those mid-range Nvidia cards easily assuming AMD priced it right.
https://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark=gfx50&did1=71874520&os1=Windows&api1=dx&hwtype1=dGPU&hwname1=AMD+66AF:F1&D2=AMD+Radeon+RX+Vega+56
Which points to when NVidia goes to 7nm there will be a large potential to bump up performance with low power even more. As far as I can tell 12nm was used because no way at this time could TSMC or Samsung supply what was needed for at 7nm to Nvidia

The 2080ti was just a piece of shit. Unstable, unreliable, not significantly faster, and its main claim to fame is a feature no one gives a shit about yet.

Just a total and complete misfire.

Back