New F.E.A.R. Trailer

Bumrush

Limp Gawd
As much as I loved Hl2, I think FEAR may surpass it!!! I can't wait for it!

EDIT: This is the same trailer, in lower rez, that was released several months ago.. I don't understand why it is being reported as new content.

VE Link

It looks good, but is that slo-mo crap just for the movie or does the game play like that? I think that would be annoying.

BLenderhedd said:
It looks good, but is that slo-mo crap just for the movie or does the game play like that? I think that would be annoying.

Yeah I know what you mean. The bullet time type thing worked for max payne but I am not sure if it would be as cool/well implemented in other games.

was pretty good, though i didnt like the blood cloud and smoke effects. (though the blood on the wall looked good)

rofl...

"sup, you must be the new guy, i hear your a bad mother fucker" :p
"yo man, get off my dick!" :p :p :p

cant wait to play this.

I have no idea what to think about that. The arterial spray from the guy laying on the floor at the end was pretty cool looking, but the game...I dunno, it looks like something I might spend way too much time playing and get way too into for my own good...

Bad_Boy said:
was pretty good, though i didnt like the blood cloud and smoke effects. (though the blood on the wall looked good)

rofl...

"sup, you must be the new guy, i hear your a bad mother fucker" :p
"yo man, get off my dick!" :p :p :p

cant wait to play this.

You know what...its retarded crap like that which makes a game fun. Like in Far Cry with the enemy soldiers wondering around talking about you. When you use the binos you can hear them saying stuff about you too etc. And of course the:

"How do you like those apples"
"I'm gonna tear you a new one"

etc

It all adds to a game and I think a lot of developers forget to do stuff like that.

I'm having trouble playing the file.

I unrar it and it comes out as a winamp file. It won't play in WindowsMediaplyaer.

Yeah F.E.A.R is one of the games I am sure will bypass HL 2. Far Cry have already done it. Think Riddick will have a good chance (haven´t played it) and Bioshock is bound to be a killer really. Can´t help to be curious about Phariah as well.

this sucks, when will they make good pc games that aren't first person shooters. i mean devs probably spend the most money on fps games. ie 40mil on hl2. GOD, spend 40 mil on an rpg and you'll probably get something console quality mad ass fun rpg for pc.

console quality doesn´t sound good in my ears they are most often dumbed down for younger audiences... That´s why there is so few rpg on consoles.

And spending 40 million on a rpg is a good way to close a game company. You have to go by market. FPS games sells and I am sure if Half Life 2 would been Half Life they wouldn´t dare to invest that much. Now I don´t know if that sum is accurate.

I'm looking forward to it, but it seems the dialouge is beeing written by three year olds.

Using profianty at the right times is good, but it seems they are going to use it to simply be using it. Gonna get a bit annoying with lines like "get off mah dick."

UnlimitedMP said:

I unrar it and it comes out as a winamp file. It won't play in WindowsMediaplyaer.
QT plays it for me.

UnlimitedMP said:

Right click the file and select "Play with Media Player".

dudewth said:
QT plays it for me.

Same here. It had to do a conversion when it opened the file and I had to manually browse for it in the player and tell it to open. After that it worked just fine.

Yeah the file I got was a .mp4, so I'm pretty sure that's a QT file.

In terms of what I saw in the trailer, I think we're seeing the correct implementation of what Doom3 failed at doing.

The darkness, while good in some parts, is NOT the whole game. There are also a ton of wide open areas. E.g., the scene in the first part of the office, where he is shooting from the groud floor to the upper floor. It is a SPACIOUS environment, which is fuckin nice (compared to Doom3 again).

Yeah, the dialogue, is um, very NFSU-type crowd-ish. Dunno. As long as the rest of the game is good, which it appears to be, the dialogue won't be that big of a deal. Remember there was a ton of talk about the "ebonics", if you will, of Barret in FF7. While it was out of taste, FF7 was strong enough in its own right to be able to look past it.

Syphon Filter said:
You know what...its retarded crap like that which makes a game fun. Like in Far Cry with the enemy soldiers wondering around talking about you. When you use the binos you can hear them saying stuff about you too etc. And of course the:

"How do you like those apples"
"I'm gonna tear you a new one"

etc

It all adds to a game and I think a lot of developers forget to do stuff like that.
yeah, HL2 has none of that... :mad:

I thought the halo games did a pretty good/funny job at that...

oh and this game looks hella fun and very suspensful.

When he saw the little girl behind that door and had to go down that hall, I was scared for him! :eek: :p

Can't wait!

There's something bout the combination of the "The Ring" / Silent HIll type elements mixed with FPS elements that is really tickling my interest here.

Horror movie aficionados in particular, who like FPS's, would certainly like this, myself being one. To be honest, if the final product is anything like this demo is suggesting, I will be very excited.

What is less exciting will be finding out whether or not I can run it well. It seems many games today almost demand an A64 to finally get rid of the CPU-bottlenecking issue, so I'm a bit anxious to see what it will require. If it does, I should start building for the future...

Bumrush said:
As much as I loved Hl2, I think FEAR may surpass it!!! I can't wait for it!
WTF are you talking about?!?!? OF COURSE it's gonna be better than HL2...can you say non-Steam game??? :D :D :D

EDIT: Where can I find the other trailers at hi-rez quality???

Back