New Duke Nukem Forever screens

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl was vaporware until it was released... :) Anything is possible the way game development goes.

That's hardly a good comparison / example. Duke Nukem Forever was vaporware long before STALKER was even an idea.

Hmm... I guess you're right. I just know that S:SoC sure felt like vaporware for a long time...

Running out of excuses and engines to account for any further delays. I guess they can jump on the current bandwagon and mention they are scrapping the PC version due to piracy;) They better not burn that bridge as I don't think they can code/release in a single console generation going by previous history for this title.

Running out of excuses and engines to account for any further delays. I guess they can jump on the current bandwagon and mention they are scrapping the PC version due to piracy;) They better not burn that bridge as I don't think they can code/release in a single console generation going by previous history for this title.

if they were to use the piracy excuse, I think the world would end.

this game has been "in the making" for such a long god damn time.... if they cancel it, and give a reason-

that fucking reason better be that everyone at the software company died, the business burned to the ground, and the ground was salted. Nothing less, I tell you!!! lol

Unless I lose my hand(s) in an unfortunate wheat thresher accident, I will be buying this game in the year 2052 when it is released.

Holly crap. Just saw this on Fudzilla.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9765&Itemid=1

Duke Nukem Forever exclusive to Xbox 360?
Written by Nedim Hadzic
Friday, 03 October 2008 10:50

Yeah, when it’s done!

“Yeah right” are the words that spring to everyone’s mind when reading any title related to Duke Nukem and its long awaited launch. Furthermore, I think that words “when it’s done” are one of the most hated words in the industry, and rightly so. However, xboxevolved.e-mpire.com has quoted their source, that’s allegedly close to Microsoft, saying that the game will launch exclusively for XboX360, and will thus probably be published by Microsoft. (Huh? sub.ed.)

They also claim that it’s quite likely that we will see the launch in the following year, but the skepticism that surrounds this game’s launch is simply impenetrable to any claims due to so many promises, screens, and even some trailers released this past decade. So, we’re not hesitant to believe any claim by anyone that this game will launch ever, we’re straight up refusing to believe until the time “when it’s done”, launched and in our hands.

The site claims that Duke is developed on UT3 engine, the same one that Gears of War 1 and 2 use, which would support their claim that the game is XboX360 exclusive. Furthermore, the screens from this game are thus not PC screenshots but rather XboX360 ones.

Some might remember that trash metal legends, Megadeth, were in charge of the soundtrack, and we must say that it sounded great, so if the game does launch, we’re wondering whether 3DRealms will keep it.

More here.

The site claims that Duke is developed on UT3 engine, the same one that Gears of War 1 and 2 use, which would support their claim that the game is XboX360 exclusive.
They make a damn good point here, guys. I mean, Unreal Engine 3.0 is a totally X360-exclusive platform and everything, remember?

Terrible. I'll believe it when im rocking out to chinese democracy, chillin with elvis, and playing duke forever. Oh and txting 2pac.

They need to make em higher res if they're real, otherwise, that's 2004 quality.

They decided recently do re-do their anti-aliasing techniques, so that will add about 1 year to the process.

Wow my mind actually went blank when I read this. It was like I knew it was fake but at the same time its so plausible.

3dRealms_Flyer.jpg

Note the words: "Availability Dates Subject to Change."

This add is from 1998, I got this card in a game that long ago. I've kept it. I still have it somewhere.

Duke Nukem............Irrelevant.

How does a company like 3D Realms exist? Where do they get their money? Shouldn't they be completely disfunct and bankrupt now?

How does a company like 3D Realms exist? Where do they get their money? Shouldn't they be completely disfunct and bankrupt now?

Yes. The fact that they're still around defies reason.

First might be in game screen. 2nd is definitely a cut scene of some sort (I.E. you wont have control of the character at that point). Here's hoping it comes out before my unborn children get too old for videogames.

If that Fudzilla article has any truth in it, that would be the dumbest move ever...I mean...EVER!
Duke Nukem Forever is long awaited by Duke Nukem 3D fans, a PC GAME, not a Xbox 360 game. To even think of releasing it for the console first, is the absolute most moronic idea ever, so I can only assume that Fudzilla is wrong...it just makes no sense.

If that Fudzilla article has any truth in it, that would be the dumbest move ever...I mean...EVER!
Well, the entire basis for the claim is that they're using UE3, which they're not. They started (the current iteration...) with UE2, but there's nothing left of it but the scripting and network code - everything else has been replaced.

So you can rest assured that the article is an absolute load of shit.

(Is that really any surprise, coming from Fudzilla?)

Well, the entire basis for the claim is that they're using UE3, which they're not. They started (the current iteration...) with UE2, but there's nothing left of it but the scripting and network code - everything else has been replaced.

So you can rest assured that the article is an absolute load of shit.

(Is that really any surprise, coming from Fudzilla?)

I know, I know...I was mostly referring to the idea of this particular game, being thought up for the console first...Even for other long time PC franchises it doesn't make sense, but they still do it. Doing that for Duke Nukem Forever, would be crossing an unthinkable and unforgiven line...

My only hope is that if they ever do release this game they release some lamduke copies of it as well.

Lameduke is what they called an early build of duke 3d from a little over a year before they released the shareware version. Pretty buggy but shows what they had been working on. Thing had some good level design. They dropped most of it but reused parts of some of the levels in the final game. Also had a laser sight on the pistol if I remember right.

Duke Nukem Forever is long awaited by Duke Nukem 3D fans, a PC GAME, not a Xbox 360 game. To even think of releasing it for the console first, is the absolute most moronic idea ever, so I can only assume that Fudzilla is wrong...it just makes no sense.

I can't say a lot of the developers/publishers decisions recently have put a lot of faith in me about their reasoning skills, lets hope this is a load of BS.

I know, I know...I was mostly referring to the idea of this particular game, being thought up for the console first...Even for other long time PC franchises it doesn't make sense, but they still do it. Doing that for Duke Nukem Forever, would be crossing an unthinkable and unforgiven line...

I totally agree....could you imagine how many PC gamers that would enrage? 3DRealms wouldn't know what hit 'em. :eek:

I totally agree....could you imagine how many PC gamers that would enrage? 3DRealms wouldn't know what hit 'em. :eek:

By the time the game comes out either no one will remember who Duke Nukem is or, even worse, mistake him for that villain from the Captain Planet cartoon.

"What the hell? They got Duke Nukem designed all wrong! He's supposed to be yellow and have radiation powers!"

They don't have to worry about money. Since they don't release any games, they don't lose any money to piracy. :D

^ You guys can't be serious? Duke wasn't their only game franchise and/or IP.

The Duke Nukem Forever jokes got old a long time ago. After seeing these screens I think they're on the right track finally.

Back