New Driver Today for GTA V

its this AMD?.. AMD launching day 1 Game Drivers..? O_O now i'm impressed, even more if they launch the next GPU series today.. xD

Haha...yeah, if they dropped new cards, PC gaming nerds would be rioting in the streets. :D

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights:

New Crossfire Profiles for:
• Grand Theft Auto V
• Dying Light*
• Galactic Civilizations III
• Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
• Mortal Combat X**
• Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Crossfire Profiles updates for:
• Battlefield Hardline
• Far Cry 4
• Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
• Sniper Elite 3

Please refer to the Release Notes for more information.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

• How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
• How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

Please make sure to read the Known Issues sections to learn more about this version of the driver and use the Issue Reporting Form to report any bugs – Thank you!

Sweet:

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.4 Beta Windows Driver

Grand Theft Auto V
Dying Light*
Galactic Civilizations III
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Mortal Combat X**
Sleeping Dogs : Definitive Edition

Battlefield Hardline
Far Cry 4
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite 3

Here is what it reads below this just released Beta driver straight from the AMD website:

"Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on.
Note! This driver is provided "AS IS"

what does that even mean? It sounds like they asking AMD users to wait more.

Here is what it reads below this just released Beta driver straight from the AMD website:

"Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on.

Means it's not a WHQL driver

release notes

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.4 Beta Windows Driver

Grand Theft Auto V
Dying Light*
Galactic Civilizations III
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Mortal Combat X**
Sleeping Dogs : Definitive Edition

Battlefield Hardline
Far Cry 4
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite 3

Fixed Issues:

[416712] Battlefield 4: A memory leak may be experienced on certain AMD Radeon GPU's
[416302] Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on first launch when in High Performance Mode
[416363] Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on launch on certain AMD graphics products
[416667] Far Cry 4: Stuttering may be experienced with custom settings when run in AMD Crossfire mode
[416320] Far Cry 4: Screen tearing may be experienced even after enabling vsync

Known Issues:

[417392] Far Cry 4 : A game crash may be experienced when switching between windowed and full screen mode
[417237] Far Cry 4 : Flickering may be experienced in the in-game cinematics when launched in landscape SLS mode
[417374] Youtube : Random block corruption may be experience with simultaneous 1080p video streams
[417386] Youtube : Microsoft Internet Explorer may crash if exited while Youtube sessions are ongoing
[416109] Battlefield Hardline: Corruption / stutter may be experienced while changing resolution with vsync enabled
[417312] Battlefield Hardline: Broken glass may flicker during gameplay
[417321] Dirt 4 : Poor performance may be experienced in some configurations
[417247] Monitors may switch off when changing orientation from portrait SLS to landscape SLS
[417239] Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes : The game may crash when run at lower resolutions in windowed mode
[417242] Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition : The game may not run on certain Kaveri platforms when High Performance mode is enabled
[414152] A manual installation (via inf) may fail on certain R9 295X2 configurations

*AMD is currently working with Techland to resolve the following issue:

[417173] Distant objects may flicker in Dying Light when AA is enabled in AMD Crossfire mode. As a workaround, users may disable AMD Crossfire mode if this issue is impacting their game experience.

** AMD is currently working with NetherRealm Studios to resolve the following issue:

[417323] Flickering is sometimes observed on a small number of surfaces in Mortal Combat X when using AMD Crossfire. As a work around, users may disable AMD Crossfire mode if this issue is impacting their game experience.

So people were upset they had to wait for a monthly WHQL driver...
AMD decides to not focus as much on WHQL and more on the game specific betas.
People are now upset that AMD isn't releasing game specific WHQL drivers on launch day...

nobody have complaints about Beta Drivers or WHQL drivers.. what TroyX mean about:
beta testers better be ready then, it begins tonight:D

Its just talking About GTA V beta testers (people who pre-order and will be playing it tonight probably full of bugs.. =D)

Didn't AMD basically say that they will only have beta drivers from now on? Something about yearly WHQL drivers.

its this AMD?.. AMD launching day 1 Game Drivers..? O_O now i'm impressed, even more if they launch the next GPU series today.. xD

I think you meant to say surprised instead of impressed :p

I guess I shoulda quoted... My bad. I knew what you guys meant.
On other forums there was a lot of hoopla about it not being WHQL, good to see not too much have spilled over here.

some people just need to hear/read "AMD" in a sentence to start to spill trash... :eek:

Well when the competition is only a single entity and their drivers are WHQL I can kinda see where people are coming from

Every AMD beta driver released in the last two years says the same thing.
It's just a disclaimer that this is a beta driver.
For fuck's sake, it's the first new driver package release since the Omega thing at the end of last year.

I am not impressed.:(

Honest question, why does it matter if it's WHQL or not? I've been using beta drivers for a decade across varying GPU vendors and never had a serious issue. Either they work or they don't. And hell some of the buggiest drivers released have been WHQL certified.

Honest question, why does it matter if it's WHQL or not? I've been using beta drivers for a decade across varying GPU vendors and never had a serious issue. Either they work or they don't. And hell some of the buggiest drivers released have been WHQL certified.

It doesn't, however it does seem strange that after all this time AMD's release wasn't put through cert.

And hell some of the buggiest drivers released have been WHQL certified.

Yeah last year there was one AMD WHQL driver (14.9) which was so buggy for a lot of users that you couldn't use it daily basis because of crashes, black screen on boot, black screen if disabling CF, flashing tectures etc.

And lets not forget about the famous 196.75 WHQL drivers from Nvidia which actually turned your gpu fan off :D

WHQL: it doesn't mean a squat these days.

It doesn't, however it does seem strange that after all this time AMD's release wasn't put through cert.

I believe it used to take a month to get certified.
Unless that has changed in the last year or two, there really isn't much incentive to do it more than a few times a year.

How's the game running guys?

doesn't break a sweat with every setting at the absolute maximum, except for AA that is on 4x and shadow aa is also 4x, on my crossfire 290s.

unfortunately, rockstar online servers are overloaded, as expected.

this game is wonderful at 144hz, and completely changes the experience from my ps4 gameplay. consoles...what a horrendous joke.

Is there any point me installing this beta driver on my single 7970? I currently use 14.12 Omega and game @1440p

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights:

• Grand Theft Auto V
• Dying Light*
• Galactic Civilizations III
• Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
• Mortal Combat X**
• Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

• Battlefield Hardline
• Far Cry 4
• Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
• Sniper Elite 3

Please refer to the Release Notes for more information.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

• How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
• How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

Please make sure to read the Known Issues sections to learn more about this version of the driver and use the Issue Reporting Form to report any bugs – Thank you!

Is there any point me installing this beta driver on my single 7970? I currently use 14.12 Omega and game @1440p

If you play those games then it is worth it. If not then I guess it isn't.

Back