New DRebel Thread (w/pics)

O'Doyle said:
Wow, awesome pics bro :) ! All of your pics looks topnotch!

Thank ya very much! Here's a couple more.

I went down to the raceway wed. night and ran my prelude with a friend of mine and had a blast. Some shots of inbetween the runs, took about 45min per run. He was in the car with me so unfortunatly no shots of me this time, but next time!

i LOVE the shot of the car burning out.

mainly because of the smoke on that nice background(sunset and trees)

I really like the Hayabusa pic, did you have to postprocess that to blur everything but the bike? or did it just turn out like that?

And I don't want to ruin your thread, but I was thinking of getting a Digital Reble XT and was wondering if it might be better to get the body only and put the money instead into a better lens? I was looking around and this Canon EF 28-135mm lens looked like a good all around lens. I was also looking at some EF-S lenses, but since those only work with the Rebel and the 20D I don't know if it would be a wise investment. Any advice would be much apprecieated :)

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize how old this thread was...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
He got that from panning, google it. It'll make sense ;)

PS he did a pretty good job at it too

Glad you bumped the thread, -=Nu||=-; I missed this last set of photos.

Love the Hayabusa shot and the C6 Vette, Emberghost! The burnout shot would probably work better with a tighter crop, though.

|CypheR| said:
Hey man....great pics. I was just wondering, what lenses are you using?
Looks like they were all taken with the 70-200 f4L based on the exif readout.

The tahoe shots, (second half), was with the 70-200L. And for the sunset shots, it was a combo between 50mm, panorama 50mm, and kit lens.

Thanks for lookin guys.

hi to thread starter. a lot of your pics are very nicely done. the only thing i'm wondering about is which ones are done with kit lens, do you have a gallery with Just kit lens photos? because i'm thinking about getting this camera or nikon d70 kit and need to look at more canon 350d kit lens photos. 90% of the time people dont say which lens they use :(

perplex said:
hi to thread starter. a lot of your pics are very nicely done. the only thing i'm wondering about is which ones are done with kit lens, do you have a gallery with Just kit lens photos? because i'm thinking about getting this camera or nikon d70 kit and need to look at more canon 350d kit lens photos. 90% of the time people dont say which lens they use :(

300d + 18-55mm kit

http://www.deviantart.com/view/12282484/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/12283164/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/12539734/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/12924637/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/13303119/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/13366341/

Hope these help a little - you will be happy with either camera. They are close enough for the difference to be placed on the person behind the camera, not the equipment imho.

And here's some new ones

Baby Mantis

50mm moto shots (European styled)

ouch

And the obligated who the hell is it behind this thread pic, I'm the uglier of the two lol :p
My girl used to live in Prague, which is in the czech republic, for a good portion of her life. So I surprised her one night by taking her to this resteraunt about an hour away called Little Prague with authentic czech food and all, was a great time and place. Needless to say, she loved it. :D

^^that she is

i love the implode shot. I wish I could nail the timing with my camera so i could get great shots like that.

the last shot of the eye (yours i assume?) is also cool.

4b5eN+EE said:
^^that she is

i love the implode shot. I wish I could nail the timing with my camera so i could get great shots like that.

the last shot of the eye (yours i assume?) is also cool.
you could use the continuous mode

Keep posting, as long as you don't mind it. I think anyone who reads this thread very much enjoys seeing your work, as it's very good.

mwarps said:
Keep posting, as long as you don't mind it. I think anyone who reads this thread very much enjoys seeing your work, as it's very good.

What he said

Thanks guys. I was just messing around and came up with a black version of my car, paint job anyone? :D

i Love the first. cant wait to take cutie shots of my 2 bunnies with a D70 hopefully soon :D

your quite talented and have a good eye.

Awesome job as always Emberghost.

BTW, I am still working on getting that pic printed at 20x30. I'll keep you up-to-date if it turns out.

-=Nu||=- said:
Just out of curiosity, do you use a tripod a lot? If you do what kind?

Nope, I find them annoying. By the time you get it set up, level, etc, the shot is gone sometimes. So I either make the appropriate settings for the situation, or find a way hah. I do have one though that I've used on occasions at night for sunsets or random night stuff. Brand? Wal-Mart ;) ...it's worked great for me seeing how I don't use it much and it does what I want out of it. An mx 2000 to be exact.

I appreciate the kind words guys. I haven't had much time to go out and shoot from school and soccer starting up again. I'm hoping a friend of mine will take some shots with my Rebel and 70-200 f4 while I'm on the field and I'll have those up in a few weeks.

Take it easy and keep shootin. ;)

My high school soccer team had a tournament this weekend, but unfortunatly I'm hurt from a previous game so I couldn't play. So today I brought the camera and took some shots of the guys, nothing pro status but it helped pass the time. :p *we're in white*

all shot with the 300d and 70-200 f4

70-200 F/4L is a great lens :p

IDK How much you do in regards to outdoor sports, but the 100-400 F/4.5-5.6L is probably my favorite long-zoom-tele from Canon.

How were you using the 300D (In what mode I mean)? I know it doesn't have real AI-Servo in the creative modes, so if you were using full manual control, I'm assuming you prefocused or have really fast AF :p

Nice shots none the less.

nweibley said:
70-200 F/4L is a great lens :p

IDK How much you do in regards to outdoor sports, but the 100-400 F/4.5-5.6L is probably my favorite long-zoom-tele from Canon.

How were you using the 300D (In what mode I mean)? I know it doesn't have real AI-Servo in the creative modes, so if you were using full manual control, I'm assuming you prefocused or have really fast AF :p

Nice shots none the less.

Thanks, I used the sports mode so that I was able to utililize the AI-Servo. The problem with this is it forces ISO 400 and starts raising the fstop and thus creating less blur. I tried it in Av mode forcing f4 at about iso 100-200, but you have to focus for every movement change and it doesn't track which makes it a pain.

Here's some more shots.

Penalty Kick

Yeah... stinks :\

Apparently the undutchables hack (I think its the ud hack) will enable Servo via holding the exposure lock button... so you could try that and get the bokeh and ISO you want.

Or upgrade to the uber sexy 350D which does it all natively :)

The pics still look good though... you obviously dont need the upgrade.

The hacks let you select the AI-Servo mode, so the camera tracks when you half-press. Unfortunately for some reason the camera cannot take a picture without a focus lock, which doesn't happen in AI-Servo.

What the UD hack allows is for the left directional pad to turn disable the autofocus for a split second so the camera can take a picture. I find this to be difficult to do while using the camera for sports and generally not worth it. (Another way to bypass the focus lock requirement in AI-Servo is to let go and press the shutter button really quickly)

The developers of the hack are taking some time off from their work (which was awesome and done for free for our benefit), and we're not sure when they'll work on stuff again. It could be a while before the next release since there was not too long ago renewed interest in hacking the 20D & 350D (because they were able to study the firmware upgrades) though there really isn't much to improve in those cameras.

Speaking of, I was glancing over the whitepapers of the 350D and saw it was using SDRAM as a framebuffer. In these days of DDR, you have to wonder what exactly is stopping them from using faster/bigger framebuffers... besides of course battery life.

Not to steal this thread.

Back