New Doom Movie Will Have a Female Lead

I like Doom and I like woman and this one is attractive. I think I'll watch this regardless of how bad it is. Who doesn't like women kicking ass? If it's got demons and it's set on Mars and she's a marine then that's enough for me. It's not like Doom was exactly strong on plot or the main character development, it's about beating demons back to hell.
I like woman too! :p

I like female leads, but I feel like they're missing the whole Doom vibe.

Quoth Carmack " Doom is , and always has been, about shooting demons with a shotgun " .

so...when one imagines a direct frontal assault on hell itself; a bloodied faced waif wielding a shotgun instantly pops to mind ..right? RIGHT? right.
Vibe missed alright...
Who gave this a green light?
Bethesda?...

Funny, that's pretty much how I feel about "SJW."

The problem is that blindly ignoring each other just makes things worse.

While I think dialogue is extremely important, when someone is dumb enough to relate a conversation over how bad this movie is going to be because its direct to dvd and they've gender swapped the lead to 'Incel' and toxic masculinity... well their lack of basic understanding means just ignore them.

Going down the ladder: DVD/Gender Swap --- millions of other issues ---- Toxic Masculinity ---- Incel. Its just not even the same thing.

umm Ok two people showed up for Doom 3 "the game" at Walmart in 2004 me and another guy with his gf making another Doom movie is just plain silly. So many other franchises that are more worthy I mean make a Quake movie instead.

640?cb=20141214133034.jpg

Why stop there? Why not cast Caitlyn Jenner as the lead? And have white hetero men as the enemies oppressing people of color, varied genders, and varied sexual preferences? And make the main boss as Donald Trump? That's how you do it, not half assed, but 5000 percent all the way.

Funny, that's pretty much how I feel about "SJW."

The problem is that blindly ignoring each other just makes things worse.
i am no 'incel' or any other shit, but this shit is getting old, its the forced shit that is getting old.
I know some take the sjw warrior bullshit too far, but some shit is just forced, looks bad, feels bad. I am tired of 'dad' being portrayed as a moron too, that shit gotten old.

as much as i love redheads, she's completely inappropriate for the role. i don't mind if they want to put a woman into the role of the doom marine but let's pick someone that fits the role, shall we?

here's who i'd cast:

brienne-game-of-thrones.jpg

probably tougher than most of the guys here :p

Find the right lead regardless of what's between their legs, and they're 1/20th of the way to a move that won't suck.

Honestly that's just not a big part of what makes a movie good and/or successful. It's necessary, but there's just so much more to worry about.

why do they give these movies to idiots ? yes the fan base is mostly male, no it does not mean it will sell better if you put boobs as lead actor...

When did this forum turn into an Incel forum with toxic masculinity? Nothing wrong with this development.

My first thought is the same that male majority audience = lead has tits because "sex sells."

Not everything is a SJW conspiracy.

I remember buying and watching the first movie. As soon as it was over, I took it of the DVD player, placed it in the case and threw it away. This remake isn't going to get the same treatment as I'm not even going to think about buying it let alone sit in a movie theater to watch it.

If the lead role were cast in the same vein as Signourney Weaver from Aliens I'd be Ok with it. But the main character is not a pilot, ship captain, corporate person who is just doing her job day in and day out. The main hero is a giant dude with guns who kills every motherfucker in the room because Satan/Devil got him tossed into Hell and the only way out is to rocketjump and gatling gun slaughter everything in his way.

Now, if they made that a woman, still don't care if the attitude is there. Vasquez from the aforementioned Aliens 2 would do it for me. A mean, grizzled, dead eyed killer who has seen everything and this is once more going into the void to come back out alive. Focus on that aspect and I'm OK with man/woman/kangaroo in that role. Any commentary on social values, inclusion, blah blah blah nothing that has to do with demons getting obliterated and it'll turn the audience off. And please, keep her clothes on FFS, I don't need tits and ass to see a movie about slaughtering hordes of hellspawn.

I think that the Doom material would be better served by a short, 20 minute format. Just make it loud, visceral, brutal, and with an amazing metal score. Zero lines for Doomguy. High budget CGI. I would pay good money for that.

Reduce Risk = Real DUD.

It's prbably less about reducing risk than about maximizing opportunity. Because...

Why even bother?

All the big streaming players are pivoting to Sci-fi and fantasy. It used to be comedy. Then Netflix throws a pile of money at adam sandler to unfunny comedy binging to death, and we pivot to the next thing until they ruin that. But in the meantime you have a competitive market starved for content and a pretty reliable dollar sum you cna get for anything that is visually ok looking. Bonus for having recognizable IP attached. Aslo...

Quoth Carmack " Doom is , and always has been, about shooting demons with a shotgun " .

so...when one imagines a direct frontal assault on hell itself; a bloodied faced waif wielding a shotgun instantly pops to mind ..right? RIGHT? right.
Vibe missed alright...
Who gave this a green light?
Bethesda?...

The green light might have had nothing to do with suitability. This shit could have been in production as something else and just got the Doom name glued on at the ass end due to having to produce something or watch the rights revert back to someone else. So likely the one to blame is NBC/Universal.

Never even heard of her. She is ok looking, nothing remotely special.

Straight to DVD..... I always thought that those are for the lower budget movies. I actually liked the Doom movie with The Rock.

Like Wonder Woman Gadot, she is super thin(kinda gross), but a beautiful face. I would love to see them fill a role with a woman that has some muscle on her. Maybe it's just me but I get tired of the waify women playing these roles.

Find the right lead regardless of what's between their legs, and they're 1/20th of the way to a move that won't suck.

Honestly that's just not a big part of what makes a movie good and/or successful. It's necessary, but there's just so much more to worry about.
I generally feel the same way. Like I feel a female Bond could do well with an actress like Rebecca Ferguson. But I just feel that they would go "OMG, so random" like the horrifying trailer I saw with Super Troopers 2 for this movie:

Girl power, am I right?

Never even heard of her. She is ok looking, nothing remotely special.

Straight to DVD..... I always thought that those are for the lower budget movies. I actually liked the Doom movie with The Rock.

Like Wonder Woman Gadot, she is super thin(kinda gross), but a beautiful face. I would love to see them fill a role with a woman that has some muscle on her. Maybe it's just me but I get tired of the waifu women playing these roles.

Ftfw

Is this for real? Does the chick in that picture look like someone who should be in a "Doom" movie? She looks better suited to be on an episode of the dorky Supergirl series. Guess I better make sure I'm stocked up on popcorn and bubblegum for this. As far as the first one sucking balls, I kinda liked it, I thought the atmosphere was "Doomish" and Dwayne did a decent Doom job. Now this one, just by looking at the pic of the chick alone, definitely looks to suck some doomballs.

The first Doom movie was cheesy but quite entertaining.

Hope this makes a trend. I'd love to watch a politically correct Duke Nukem with a female lead. :eek::eek::confused::confused::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't see any "toxic masculinity." It is okay to have an opinion about female leads in movies or are we not allowed to say anything about women anymore?
Nah, can't say a thing.. all you are is a mansplaining, woman-hating bumbling idiot, toxic incel / s.

Hope this makes a trend. I'd love to watch a politically correct Duke Nukem with a female lead. :eek::eek::confused::confused::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know that might work. Just have to make her completely chauvinistic, butch and gay. At that point I'd watch it.

There is no plot to doom. No Doom movie is worth making. Stop the waste. Try something new.
donno-if-same-old-shit-or-recycled-same-old-shit.jpg

... or at least try something old that worked.

Back