New DOOM Campaign Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a new DOOM campaign trailer out today that is mildly NSFW (for blood and gore) depending on where you work. ;)

Maybe by the time the game ships on May 13th the game will have shotgun shells that haven't already been fired. You'll notice that when the shotgun is reloaded, the primers on the shells have already been struck. :D

Last edited:
Maybe it's all the blood splatter and what-not, maybe it's my computer resolution; but the graphic looks really crappy. Worse than the E3 extended gameplay I saw.

I hope it's just this fragment.

That said, gameplay looks chaotic, just like you'd expect....:D

There is a new new DOOM campaign trailer out today that is mildly NSFW (for blood and gore) depending on where you work. ;)

Maybe by the time the game ships on May 13th the game will have shotgun shells that haven't already been fired. You'll notice that when the shotgun is reloaded, the primers on the shells have already been struck. :D
Sometimes it is hard to believe that we live in a day and age where we can notice things like loading in fired shotgun shells.

Sometimes it is hard to believe that we live in a day and age where we can notice things like loading in fired shotgun shells.

Yeah, and they looked pierced. Definitely overpressure loads, they need to back off the powder charge, definitely unsafe load levels.

I still play Doom 3 every so often, I just want to play this already!

Or maybe they are a new type of shotgun shell designed for 30th century interplanetary combat.:D

I'm not an arms guy but can't you reuse shotgun shells?

I'm not an arms guy but can't you reuse shotgun shells?

The primers are was start the chemical reaction inside the shell, so if they are already struck, there will be no way to fire the round, unless you through them in a fire or something.

Yes, shotgun shells can be reused or reloaded. However, a new priming cap needs to be inserted into the shell prior to reloading. The priming cap in the screen shot appears to be already pierced by the firing pin. The devs should fix that given the quality of graphics these days.

Maybe it's all the blood splatter and what-not, maybe it's my computer resolution; but the graphic looks really crappy. Worse than the E3 extended gameplay I saw.

I hope it's just this fragment.

That said, gameplay looks chaotic, just like you'd expect....:D

Maybe a slight step down from E3, but crappy? What are you comparing it to where it earns that designation?

Apparently Bethesda thinks high res textures and tessellation is bad thing or is this just the XBone trailer?

I find the lack of a Linux version disturbing.

I feel like this guy has just seen too much shit... hes at a point wheres likes like "jesus fuck... again? seriously? ughhhh" *grabs shotgun*. and just start casually ripping demons apart.

just wondering are any of the orignal doom devs working on this?

Absolutely picking this up instantly. No need to pre-order, but day one Steam for sure.

My understanding is that id no longer develops games, only engines and other tech.

I imagine that they still have a few left. If nothing else then for some oversight. Sounds like id had some input on the Fallout 4 gun/shooting mechanics, so I think they're still involved in some capacity. There's no reason that new groups can't get involved with their games provided they maintain the overall id aesthetic and vision. It may even be the new talent that's trying to bring back some of the old feel for those that weren't into the Doom 3 style. (less fortunate for me, since I love Doom 3 in every way) Seems like Bethesda has quite a bit of "cross-mojonation" between studios these days. It's probably not perfectly clean-cut. Looks like they're doing good work though whoever is working on it.

I regularly play everything in my id collection. Mostly Doom 3, Rage, and Quake 3 Arena, but also the rest on occasion too. Definitely getting excited for this.

same, and the android ports on the phone from beloko :)

Yeah I thought the graphics looked Doom 3'ish from a quality standpoint. Definitely disappointed in that regard, but the gameplay looks fun (and super violent compared to previous doom games). Definitely won't be letting my kids play this one, but putting it on my projector should be a lot of fun.

Disappointed...

1) the game looks slow as hell play wise... the original doom was a fast paced, run and gun, to the point of insanity. This looks like any other generic, kill these 5 guys here, then move to this area and repeat. Anyone remember those levels where making a sound basically alerted the WHOLE map of your existence and they all started to hunt you at the same time?

2) the overuse of punching stuff in the face or stepping on it's skull

I'll reserve final judgement for when I get a beta or a final copy, but it seems the trend of just "rebooting" good ideas from 25 years ago continues. (Movie industry I'm looking at you)

Disappointed...

1) the game looks slow as hell play wise... the original doom was a fast paced, run and gun, to the point of insanity. This looks like any other generic, kill these 5 guys here, then move to this area and repeat. Anyone remember those levels where making a sound basically alerted the WHOLE map of your existence and they all started to hunt you at the same time?

I'll reserve final judgement for when I get a beta or a final copy, but it seems the trend of just "rebooting" good ideas from 25 years ago continues. (Movie industry I'm looking at you)

get ready to be disappointed, its gets old quite fast. i've been to quakecon seen a lot of footage of the game and i must say its quite repetitive. a lot of the devs use a controller around the office to play the game too. its just another average shooter at best imo.

I imagine that they still have a few left. If nothing else then for some oversight. Sounds like id had some input on the Fallout 4 gun/shooting mechanics, so I think they're still involved in some capacity. There's no reason that new groups can't get involved with their games provided they maintain the overall id aesthetic and vision. It may even be the new talent that's trying to bring back some of the old feel for those that weren't into the Doom 3 style. (less fortunate for me, since I love Doom 3 in every way) Seems like Bethesda has quite a bit of "cross-mojonation" between studios these days. It's probably not perfectly clean-cut. Looks like they're doing good work though whoever is working on it.

id Software functionally no longer exists, they were absorbed into the Zenimax Media empire and no one remains. This game is very likely to a huge turd to rival Daikatana.

Maybe it's just me, but did anyone ever play Doom for the graphics? Gameplay was always rad, scare factor was good, and getting the next gun for new and exciting death-dealing was always the best.

Disappointed...

Not going to comment on 1) because I prefer the Doom 3 style of play by a long shot. Quake games are where I like my speedy play.

However for 2) I believe those melee attacks are optional. You don't have to perform those if it's not your style of play. It certainly isn't my style. At least I hope this is the case. Someone mentioned that it was a while back. I'm not really into that aspect either.

id Software functionally no longer exists, they were absorbed into the Zenimax Media empire and no one remains. This game is very likely to a huge turd to rival Daikatana.

I don't think you're correct in this.

I don't think you're correct in this.

I should clarify. I know they were purchased by Bethesda, and much of the original team is no longer part of id proper. That's not what I'm contesting. I do however believe that some of them are still there.

Back