New disapointing monitor lineup at Best Buy

gtg465x

2[H]4U
So I was at Best Buy today and I saw four new large monitors. There were three 25.5" monitors by LG, Samsung, and Westinghouse, and a Hannspree 27.5".

The good news is that 25.5" seems to be the new 24" and large monitors are becoming more popular. The bad news is that every single one of them was TN. Can you guys believe this? What are your thoughts?

I think they only carry TN monitors is because the cost is relatively cheap. Every time I'm at my local Best Buy all I see is just people learning to use computers looking at monitors. TN is more appealing to the general public for the price, hence selling more for them. Most people don't even know the whole deal with the TN and the MVA and all that, nor are they going to spend all that time calibrating it. Ofcouse I would love to see Best Buy carry better panels, but thats pretty impossible.

The LG246WP is still not on clearance even though is discontinued, and my local Best Buy got massive stock, probably cause they still wanted $510 for it.

Well.. I don't know about the other 25.5 inch TNs but, from my personal experience with the Hanns 27.5" lcd, I like it. I feel it is very good for a TN lcd considering the size of the LCD also. You would think it would be horrible for a large 27.5" TN but, I feel it's better than my 24" Gateway 24 S-PVA display because it has sharper text, it has less strain on my eyes while I read and it does not have the annoying buzzing sound like what my Gateway has. The only big issue is just the viewing angles is more limited. This TN panel also has less or very minimal backlight bleeding than my Gateway 24" S-PVA.

If you are looking for non-TN, Best Buy carries Apple displays which are all S-IPS, if I am not mistaken.

I think with the large amount of displays that Best Buy orders, not many companies could manufacture so many IPS or MVA/PVA displays.

I think with the large amount of displays that Best Buy orders, not many companies could manufacture so many IPS or MVA/PVA displays.

I don't think this is the case. Best Buy has sold plenty of VA and IPS monitors in the past, and all of the LCD TVs Best Buy sells are VA or IPS.

I don't think this is the case. Best Buy has sold plenty of VA and IPS monitors in the past, and all of the LCD TVs Best Buy sells are VA or IPS.

Liking to buy locally to facilitate a return in case of bad pixels, etc., and the panel options available, was a reason I started looking at TVs...

most people are hardly willing to pay the price for the lcds Best Buy carries now so do you really think it would be worth it to carry expensive non TN ones? The lcds they sell the most of are the cheapest ones. Probably Westinghouse is the most popular brand they carry.

Back