New DFI SLI-DR "Venus" Motherboard

Spazilton

2[H]4U
Was looking around for a new bios for my SLI-DR Expert and spotted this. Could this be the new motherboard DFI was working on? No information is really up on it yet, no picture or manuals. The specs seem identical to the Expert so I wonder what the difference is. Its not a 32 lane PCIE board just 16..

Here is the link

DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Venus

I've been following this board on xtremeforums. They've got an extensive thread about it. The manual's up at the dfi site now. Be prepared for sticker shock. The board's onsale in Singapore starting 2-14-06 at a price of 539 Singapore dollars. I think that equals 330 US dollars. Here's the link...

http://www.thepotterhouse.net/livestore/

----------------------

a8n32-sli
opty 148
ocz 4000 1 gb x 2
xfx 7800 gtx
x-fi extreme
antec p180 with tp2 550

i don't see anything so special about it to justify a $300+ price tag. Pfft...i wouldn't spend more than $200 on it :p

I paid $212 for my SLI-DR expert. The damn thing better cook me waffles for $300.

That board looks identical to the expert. I cant tell the difference according to the specs

For that price I would expect atleast some heatpipe cooling on the chipset.

Been doing some reading up on this. Im actually kinda mad. I mean the expert came out in November, and has issues which havent be adressed yet. Now they are already releasing a new board? Come on DFI, thats no way to ensure loyality.

Check out this thread for everything you need or want to know about this board:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87719

In a nutshell, there's no difference between the Expert and the Venus except for......

--aluminum caps

--"Rare Edition Gift-Box"

--round cables

There was a guy from ocz saying there's some new memory tweaks too.

----------------------

a8n32-sli
opty 148
ocz 4000 1 gb x 2
raptor 150
wd 250 x 2
xfx 7800 gtx
x-fi extreme
antec p180 with tp2 550

For $300 it better be an X16 motherboard with every overclocking feature under the sun. I don't buy a lot of Socket 939 motherboards, but if this board has the right features then I would consider it for a gaming build.

rushmore said:
Check out this thread for everything you need or want to know about this board:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87719

In a nutshell, there's no difference between the Expert and the Venus except for......

--aluminum caps

--"Rare Edition Gift-Box"

--round cables

There was a guy from ocz saying there's some new memory tweaks too.

----------------------

a8n32-sli
opty 148
ocz 4000 1 gb x 2
raptor 150
wd 250 x 2
xfx 7800 gtx
x-fi extreme
antec p180 with tp2 550

I may have to buy this motherboard afterall. :D

The Doc said:
For $300 it better be an X16 motherboard with every overclocking feature under the sun. I don't buy a lot of Socket 939 motherboards, but if this board has the right features then I would consider it for a gaming build.

It isnt a X16. SLI is running the cards both at 8x

THE KEY most important thing is the Caps.. ALL 100 % Solid State Capacitors.. That alone is figuring to give higher clock capabillity then expert. (or so has been discussed) The price I have heard here in the states will be 225.00 to 250.00 Not sure what Other Items will be there as far as performance..

Captin Insano said:
THE KEY most important thing is the Caps.. ALL 100 % Solid State Capacitors.. That alone is figuring to give higher clock capabillity then expert. (or so has been discussed) The price I have heard here in the states will be 225.00 to 250.00 Not sure what Other Items will be there as far as performance..

There is no such thing as solid state capacitors. Solid State referes to a device that uses semi-conductors.

I stand corrected. It sounded more like marketing hype than electronic theory. Shows how much things chance in 9 years since I was in my electronic theory classes.

Back