New DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36

I have this mobo and having some RAM issues...
For some reason led indicator shows AA after startup.
I have Crucial Ballistix Tracers black edition (4GB). Tested with memtest and getting errors on first slot only, both sticks on second slot don't havae errors.
When finally installed Windows 7, Led show AA all the time and system is pretty slow..
Is it memory incompatibility or faulty sticks? Or maybe faulty memory slots on mobo???
frown.gif

Even loosing keyboard, slow downs...

That's odd. I was getting AA too and everything was woking fine. What I haven't done is to run memtest. I'll check what AA is and run memtest later tonight.

Also, could this be caused by incorrect setting of BIOS? I know when I finished installing windows, I restarted and made some changes to BIOS to makes sure mojor things are set correct such as blk and voltages. After that as it was restarting, it showed some messages and it pretty much auto configured itself to 3.6GHz by itself even though I manually set it to 2.66 prior. I figured it was some auto overclock thing that I might have checked when changing settings. Well, I hope I can manage to make some time to test out toniht.

I have this mobo and having some RAM issues...
For some reason led indicator shows AA after startup.
I have Crucial Ballistix Tracers black edition (4GB). Tested with memtest and getting errors on first slot only, both sticks on second slot don't havae errors.
When finally installed Windows 7, Led show AA all the time and system is pretty slow..
Is it memory incompatibility or faulty sticks? Or maybe faulty memory slots on mobo???
frown.gif

Even loosing keyboard, slow downs...

Last edited:
Enzotech MOS-C1 would be perfect. Matter in fact, I have them from other build and that's what I'll be using on mine. Ones for back of motherboard, you would have to mod them and maybe dremel to get them fit which I'm thinking about doing with SG06 cut on bottom with vent to cool them. I just tested mine tonight and it's running lowest of 16c with speedstep on with my 750. Room temp was around 75F. Now I need to take everything apart and continue cutting case. Now I just need to update my project with couple of new pictures. :) Follow this for my SG06, MI P55-T36, i5 750 build http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1469728

Yeah the Enzotech MOS-C1 looks like a great match. Do you know what's the difference with/without that heatsink? Because if it's only sightly better then I rather just lower down the clocks. :D

I won't be placing them on till I'm done with case so it's going to take some time to find out. I didn't spend much time testing this, does this motherboard have sensor for reading VRM temp? If so, I'll report back once I put them on and test it.

Yeah the Enzotech MOS-C1 looks like a great match. Do you know what's the difference with/without that heatsink? Because if it's only sightly better then I rather just lower down the clocks. :D

I raised voltage to 1.66v, chose XMP profile 1 option for timmings and set ram speed ad 1600MHz.
Now no errors in memtest!

However found other problem. For some reason I cannot use USB wireless adapter I have, Linksys WUSB54G, looks like its not compatible with windows 7 or something...

I raised voltage to 1.66v, chose XMP profile 1 option for timmings and set ram speed ad 1600MHz.
Now no errors in memtest!

However found other problem. For some reason I cannot use USB wireless adapter I have, Linksys WUSB54G, looks like its not compatible with windows 7 or something...
Seriously? That's kinda lame.

Is the board working out ok though?

I'm in the same boat, I have two usb wifi adapters that both work on other win7 machines, neither will work on this mobo. I contacted DFI here is what they came back with:

Hello Eric:

As said in my previous return email to you that I would refer you issue to DFI R&D in Taiwan and I have received answer back from them. Answer as shown below. They sent reference pictures to me and they are attached to this email for your reference. Win7 64 bit seems to work for them in Taiwan with the Usb Wireless adapter they had in use. Thank you.

Hi Robert,

I have tested the USB WiFi with MI P55-T36 work on Windows 7 issue .Please see the attached captures that
has not any problem.
I believe this USB WiFi problem is a driver issue, perhaps the USB WiFi to work when ask user to upgrading
drivers.

Test Configure :
• Model:LP MI P55-T36 R. A51 BIOS:2009/11/17
• Power supply : EnerMAX 300W
• CPU : Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
• Memory : 4GB Dual CH.
• Graphics Card : nVIDIA Geforce 7800GTX single mode
• HDD : Seagate SATA 120GB * 1
• USB WiFi : ZyXEL G-202 Wireless USB Adapter.
• CPU Cooler : Intel FAN cooler

Best regards,
Kent Chen

I did a search of the ZyXEL website and from what I can see a number of their products are already Win7 compatible but some are not yet. They like many say that they have drivers for Win7 coming. So it seems the Vista drivers that DFI R&D in Taiwan used just work better than Vista Drivers are doing with the Ralink Usb WiFi.

I'm in the same boat, I have two usb wifi adapters that both work on other win7 machines, neither will work on this mobo. I contacted DFI here is what they came back with:

Hello Eric:

As said in my previous return email to you that I would refer you issue to DFI R&D in Taiwan and I have received answer back from them. Answer as shown below. They sent reference pictures to me and they are attached to this email for your reference. Win7 64 bit seems to work for them in Taiwan with the Usb Wireless adapter they had in use. Thank you.

Hi Robert,

I have tested the USB WiFi with MI P55-T36 work on Windows 7 issue .Please see the attached captures that
has not any problem.
I believe this USB WiFi problem is a driver issue, perhaps the USB WiFi to work when ask user to upgrading
drivers.

Test Configure :
• Model:LP MI P55-T36 R. A51 BIOS:2009/11/17
• Power supply : EnerMAX 300W
• CPU : Intel i5 750 2.67GHz
• Memory : 4GB Dual CH.
• Graphics Card : nVIDIA Geforce 7800GTX single mode
• HDD : Seagate SATA 120GB * 1
• USB WiFi : ZyXEL G-202 Wireless USB Adapter.
• CPU Cooler : Intel FAN cooler

Best regards,
Kent Chen

I did a search of the ZyXEL website and from what I can see a number of their products are already Win7 compatible but some are not yet. They like many say that they have drivers for Win7 coming. So it seems the Vista drivers that DFI R&D in Taiwan used just work better than Vista Drivers are doing with the Ralink Usb WiFi.

Are you also having some kind of slow downs when the adaptor is plugged in?
I cannot even open config panel or network panel. As soon as I plug it out, windows responds to everything...

Yes, the system is unstable when plugged in. I first noticed this when installing win7. It was taking forever to finish the install (I let it sit for over an hour). I unplugged the wifi and it finished a few seconds later. You may want to contact DFI as well, maybe if they get several complaints they will look into it further.

any good cooling ideas for the vrm on the bottom of the board? there isn't much space to fit anything with sg06...

Sorry for the bad picture...took a quick snapshot before I head out in the morning for a warmer climate...Didn't run into a single problem on install. It's been up and running for two hours, seems stable...and it's fast.

Best,

Liquid Cool

P1030038.JPG

CPU: i5 - 750
Ram: Corsair Dominator - 2x2gb - 8-8-8-24
SSD: Intel G2 80gb
Video: XFX Radeon 5770
Optical: LG DVD-Burner
PSU: Corsair HX-520

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. There is something seriously wrong with this mobo I think...
I bought another two different USB wireless adaptors and all of them makes system freeze after I plug it in...
As soon as I plug it out, it starts working fine.
This time is Edimax wireless mini usb adaptor. Works perfectly with XP and under windows 7 with my previous DFI mATX P45 mobo.
This P55 mobo won't even work for a minute!
ANyone had same problem?

phinix,

I'm no longer in the office, but I did read the comments about freezing USB ports before I left...and I stuck every USB device in my board that I have...camera's, stick drives-both bootable and unbootable...keyboards, printer's, mouse etc. The only problem that I could "make happen" was with the Logitech keyboard...I couldn't boot into BIOS with it, so I plugged in my test bench Microsoft PS2 keyboard...and I was good to go. Although, there was one instance when I had an OCZ Diesel 8gb USB drive plugged in where It was slow to re-boot. Again, one instance...and I couldn't get the behavior to repeat...

During the summer when Win7 was in Beta, I played around with it quite a bit when I was doing various builds...I had numerous slow log on's/log off's and sometimes...not everytime mind you, but sometimes I would have freezing/locking up of the OS when re-booting - If there was something plugged into the USB devices beyond a key/mouse combination...

I didn't experience this when using the pc under normal operation. So, my first thought was the OS when I read these comments...and since Windows 7(which I'm using) is rather new, perhaps these company's haven't released updated drivers for their wireless adapters as of yet?

Although, admittedly, I can only speculate...With mine, I threw everything at it I could...and it was 100% stable, but you'll notice...no wireless adapter is on my list. I don't own any.

Perhaps, it might not hurt to double check and verify that your wireless adapters are Windows 7 compatible and the drivers are certified for use with Windows 7? Maybe the OS can't find a suitable driver?
Liquid Cool

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually downloaded windows 7 drivers and installed them. Still Edimax adaptor wont work:(

phinix,

I'm no longer in the office, but I did read the comments about freezing USB ports before I left...and I stuck every USB device in my board that I have...camera's, stick drives-both bootable and unbootable...keyboards, printer's, mouse etc. The only problem that I could "make happen" was with the Logitech keyboard...I couldn't boot into BIOS with it, so I plugged in my test bench Microsoft PS2 keyboard...and I was good to go. Although, there was one instance when I had an OCZ Diesel 8gb USB drive plugged in where It was slow to re-boot. Again, one instance...and I couldn't get the behavior to repeat...

During the summer when Win7 was in Beta, I played around with it quite a bit when I was doing various builds...I had numerous slow log on's/log off's and sometimes...not everytime mind you, but sometimes I would have freezing/locking up of the OS when re-booting - If there was something plugged into the USB devices beyond a key/mouse combination...

I didn't experience this when using the pc under normal operation. So, my first thought was the OS when I read these comments...and since Windows 7(which I'm using) is rather new, perhaps these company's haven't released updated drivers for their wireless adapters as of yet?

Although, admittedly, I can only speculate...With mine, I threw everything at it I could...and it was 100% stable, but you'll notice...no wireless adapter is on my list. I don't own any.

Perhaps, it might not hurt to double check and verify that your wireless adapters are Windows 7 compatible and the drivers are certified for use with Windows 7? Maybe the OS can't find a suitable driver?
Liquid Cool

Its only a problem with USB wifi.

This doesn't appear motherboard related. The one device in question (the linksys) doesn't have Windows 7 drivers available.

This doesn't appear motherboard related. The one device in question (the linksys) doesn't have Windows 7 drivers available.

I have tried two USB wifi adapters that both work on other win7 64 boxes. Neither will work on this board.

For those of you with the USB Wifi problems, can I assume that you tried verifying that the USB options in BIOS are set correctly (I don't know what they are)? I've run into a few problems with legacy USB mode on older boards, but a BIOS update would usually take care of it. It may be worthwhile to either set the BIOS to whatever defaults are supported and see if things improve, or maybe try to use the Wifi adapter in XP compatibility mode.

I've played with the USB settings in the BIOS with no luck. I spent half a day trying to get this to work, ended up just running a cable accross my floor. When I get home I'll see if I can get it to work under an XP VPC.

I have tried two USB wifi adapters that both work on other win7 64 boxes. Neither will work on this board.
Can you post what USB devices this in..exactly model and everything that way I can test it when I get my DFI board from DFI (doing a review at SFFClub). I have a few tech support emails with DFI as well.

You can also PM it and email steve (at) sffclub (dot) com

I can give mine: all worked on DFI P45 JR mobo with win 7 64bit, but not with this little mobo:(
Linksys WUSB54G ver 4 and WUSB54GR with Range Boost. Now I also tried Edimax EW-7711UAN 150Mbps. All three wont work...

Neither link if you go to the product page has a Windows 7 64 bit driver.

Did you use them on Windows 7 machines that were upgraded from Vista? Were the motherboards 1156 and newish? I think it is a combination of new technology clashing with the lack of Windows 7 drivers.

Can both of you tell me if you 1)you installed Windows 7 on those other machines (as in the motherboard was being used during install) 2)Are any of the motherboards 1156 and if so how new?

I think this could narrow it down.

I can give mine: all worked on DFI P45 JR mobo with win 7 64bit, but not with this little mobo:(
Linksys WUSB54G ver 4 and WUSB54GR with Range Boost. Now I also tried Edimax EW-7711UAN 150Mbps. All three wont work...
The only Linksys ones compatible with Windows 7 are listed below:

- WEC600N v1
- WUSB600N v2
- WMP600N v1
- WUSB54GC v3
- WUSB54GSC v1

This is according to their website
http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20872

That same website had a way to do the drivers manually as well if that helps.

Neither link if you go to the product page has a Windows 7 64 bit driver.

Did you use them on Windows 7 machines that were upgraded from Vista? Were the motherboards 1156 and newish? I think it is a combination of new technology clashing with the lack of Windows 7 drivers.

Can both of you tell me if you 1)you installed Windows 7 on those other machines (as in the motherboard was being used during install) 2)Are any of the motherboards 1156 and if so how new?

I think this could narrow it down.

Win7 64 has a driver for the zonet, it worked on my slimline (clean install). The Rosewill worked with a new driver. The problem is with the P55, googling "P55 USB compatibility" gets several interesting results such as this one:

http://blog.testlabs.com/2009/11/usb-interoperability-and-compatibility.html

The P55 chip also has a known compatibility issue with iphones, it seems that only a bios update can fix these problems.

Hey guys this thread is going way off topic. You don't need specific win 7 drivers for any of those devices, the vista drivers work fine.

Hey guys this thread is going way off topic. You don't need specific win 7 drivers for any of those devices, the vista drivers work fine.
This isn't true. Just check the Linksys support forums. They have lots of people having issues.

Everyone is either at CES or on break but I'll get some answers soon enough!

Is there any sign yet of an updated version with 6GBPS SATA & USB3.0? I hadn't really considered mini-ITX as an option until I saw this board, however the latest SSDs have hit the SATA2 limit.

Is there any sign yet of an updated version with 6GBPS SATA & USB3.0? I hadn't really considered mini-ITX as an option until I saw this board, however the latest SSDs have hit the SATA2 limit.

The mobo was released about a month ago. Not sure when they would schedule an update but it seems like it would be a little too soon to come out with one.

It probably is too soon for a new DFI, maybe another brand will be first with USB3/SATA6. I'm just being picky because I don't like to update my system very often, and the T36 is a touch expensive in the UK (only one seller has it currently) The rest of the feature set does look very appealing, so maybe I will give it a try once the glut of CES product announcements finishes and it's more clear what the options will be in the near future.

Back