New DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36

Mine is being awesome :D no bsods or anything I guess it should be close to it's 1st birthday now and rocking my HTPC/TV gaming PC

I am wondering which bios will allow me to go beyond 170BCLK for an i5-760?
i m stuck at 21x170 right would like to try to see if this thing can push maybe 200 more mhz hahah!

mine has been solid after 3 rma's with the previous ones , its to bad dfi didnt release a bios to allow undervolting .

Jen

mine pretty solid too, only when you oc much and then it dies lol
then it doesn't post, and must reset.etc.etc.
thinking maybe its time to go back to matx, rampage iii gene i7 970... etc.
but i do prefer mitx more, but no good choices atm, only case available is sg07 & the yet to be released langear itx.

Quick question regarding audio.

I have a 5970 on mine and I'm trying to get HDMI audio going.

But this is only because my onboard realtek chip sucks.

I have 5.1 channel audio cables connected to a set of Z-680's (and also tried a set of Z-5500) from logitech.

My center channel is noisy as hell. None of the other channels display this issue. I had this issue on a gigabyte P35-DS3R (Realtek 889A) but any driver update fixes it.

There just an annoying hissing when the channel is active. Any games that support 5 channel pcm (but not dolby 5.1 so optical is out of the question) play just fine with positional audio out of the analog plus, but my centre channel hisses and kind of "bubbles" like an over compressed MP3 is being played from that channel.

Driver updates have been useless to fix. Running the latest BIOS - this was updated a couple of times but I had the issue before the upgrade anyway.

I'm thinking of going to a USB soundcard - but just to fix some 5.1 analog gaming noise seems a bit much!

I am having problems with my MB. I didnt care until i read some of the posts. My usb devices is not working correctly and if i change the BCLK to over 140, it gets instable right away. My plan was to update the bios but im not sure which is the best one.

It crashes in windows and most often it will be a BSOD. Every login, the keyboard and mouse doesnt work until the system has logged in properly so if i have password, i cant login.

The motherboard is ok as long as i dont have BCLK over 140.

The configuration i have is i5 750, 4GB ram, GTX 460, Intel SSD G2 80GB and BeQuiet SFX 350W

Probably your vcore is too low. Also bear in mind by overclocking your CPU on this board you will OC your RAM too so you might need to bump your RAM voltage to 2.1v or so. Of course it depends on your RAM.

I too had issues with mine, would BSOD when using my MCE remote. When you overclock you first need it to get it 100% stable (24 hours of Prime 95 blend at least). After that is done you can start to use your system.

anyone know how to contact dfi support or are they dead?
New to rma a p55-t36 and x58 jr.

Has anyone seen the CPU_PWM temps in Smart Guardian (via EZTuner app) and is there a way to get the temps down a bit? My i3 530 (stock) peaks around 62C (CPU_PWM) w/Prime 95.

62c is just fine. Temps are not the killer factor here but current. with a dual core shouldn't be a big issue.

Nevertheless, I added a fan to my case blowing air side to side and it helped a lot (running an i5 750@160BCLK)

Hi guys! I'm from Italy... great forum...
One question: Have you solved usb issue with last bios? Specially for wi-fi dongle?
I've 2x2gb Corsair xms3 ram? Any problem with this brand and model with little DFI?? Thank you:)

Sorry mate didn't read. I have corsair XMS3 too no issues here. Don't have a USB dongle though

I finally got around to putting my mini itx computer together with this board and well.. everything is working fine except wifi... what was the verdict on usb wifi devices?

I finally got around to putting my mini itx computer together with this board and well.. everything is working fine except wifi... what was the verdict on usb wifi devices?

You will need to updat the BIOS. Thats what i had to do to get my w-Lan going

yup i just updated to the latest bios using the afudos utility that came with the bios download from DFI's website.. wifi is now working! :D

Alright I have had no issues with my board till now. So I just picked up a 875k stuck it in and it works great but when I change the multiplier nothing changes at all. Is there some trick to get the multiplier to work?

I dont think this board officially supports K series chips with even the latest BIOS (officially as in you can't change the BIOS). and you're limited to a BClock of 170 as well.

lol that's great I bought the cpu just for it to do some decent overclocking while getting around the bclock limit

lol that's great I bought the cpu just for it to do some decent overclocking while getting around the bclock limit

you only hope ont his board is to get a chip wit as high of a multi as possible, and use the 170bclock. I'd sell that CPU and reclaim some $ to get one with a higher multi

Multi is teakable as far as I remember so the K series should do fine

As for a high multiplier the highest I could get would be an 880 and that's way to expensive. Other then that the 870/875k have the highest multiplier(only interested in I7's). It lets me change the multi in the bios it just does nothing. I guess it's time to get a different board unless someone knows something I am missing.

Hey ivesceneenough
let me know if u r still looking for the mobo ;)
because i m going back to M3G
matx is my thing more =P

Well, looks like my P55-T36 just shat the bed :(

Was tweaking some memory settings, went to reboot and got a d4 post code on the LED (undocumented). So, pressed the power button for 5 sec to turn it off and hit the CMOS clear button on the back. Now it won't even boot up, get a momentary bit of power (psu fan briefly spins up, for about 1/2 a second) and a flash of light from the post code block and then it turns off. First reboot, the power led stayed on after I shut it down, after that it has yet to come back on... I don't smell any escaped magic smoke, but you never know.

frustrating!!! argh!

tried doing the unplug/cmos jumper/replug method, and clearing jumpers w/ batt out method, no change.

Going to swap the cpu/mem/psu onto a known working system tomorrow to see if it really is the mobo. If so, might be time for a SB adventure.

Was tweaking some memory settings, went to reboot and got a d4 post code on the LED (undocumented). So, pressed the power button for 5 sec to turn it off and hit the CMOS clear button on the back. Now it won't even boot up, get a momentary bit of power (psu fan briefly spins up, for about 1/2 a second) and a flash of light from the post code block and then it turns off. First reboot, the power led stayed on after I shut it down, after that it has yet to come back on... I don't smell any escaped magic smoke, but you never know.

frustrating!!! argh!

tried doing the unplug/cmos jumper/replug method, and clearing jumpers w/ batt out method, no change.

Going to swap the cpu/mem/psu onto a known working system tomorrow to see if it really is the mobo. If so, might be time for a SB adventure.

try just one stick of memory as well

might be corrupted bios

Jen

frustrating!!! argh!

D4 happened on one of mine when ABS autooverclocked my board. In my case one memory channel slot and the CPU died. Had to RMA

try just one stick of memory as well

might be corrupted bios

Jen

yep -- tried one stick (either stick) and same prob.

really hope the cpu didn't die -- I like this little beastie, unless it zapped it w/ way too much V I cant see this proc dying it's got some pretty good cooling

never tried booting w/o ram or cpu, should power on, just give post codes right?

well, it's not the psu or the memory -- both sticks work in another motherboard

i7-875k works fine in my h55itx-a-e as well, so it's not the proc (whew!)

Last edited:
Back