New DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36

they've already shut down several monrths ago. still running oem business but consumer division has gone.

So I have a quick question
Can anyone confirm that with DFI P55-T36 will have no problem using a Nexus LOW R2 without interfere the RAM and a GPU? Which is going inside a SG05 too
Thanks guys! Btw nice build guys :D
I will try to post mine up when I can

Their file repository is back online. Just wanted to let everyone know. I got a scare too....:D

Does anyone know what the 8/17 bios limitations are? I've got an i5-750 at 160bclk, just want to make sure I can keep that setting. I'm curious if this BIOS helps the USB issues at all.

also, does anyone have any issues with front audio ports not working? I can't get the mic/headphone jacks on the front of my case to work.

Last edited:
My front audio ports are working fine so it might be your audio/mic module instead. Not sure of the bios as I have never updated even once.
If you dont mind me asking, how high were you able to overclock the i5 750? Did you put heatsinks on the mosfets?

My front audio ports are working fine so it might be your audio/mic module instead. Not sure of the bios as I have never updated even once.
If you dont mind me asking, how high were you able to overclock the i5 750? Did you put heatsinks on the mosfets?

I'm just running it at 3.2ghz(160bclkx20) with turbo enabled. No issues with stability, and I haven't added any heatsinks to the mosfets. I have a top down cooler, so that might help with temperatures. I'm just curious if the new BIOS drops the bclk to 150, I thought I read that it did, but I can't recall if that was for all CPUs or just i7's, or if I'm completely imagining it.

The new BIOS says it fixes USB compatability issues, so I am hoping it will finally allow me to have my USB wifi adapter and USB mouse plugged in at the same time without issues. The wifi adapter seems to cause USB interrupts when it starts transmitting at high rates, seems like it would be a power issue, but I've got it on a powered hub, so that can't be it. I Was thinking about moving the USB jumpers, but saw another user had tried that and it didn't help. It's not that the wifi adapter doesn't work, it's that it causes issues with my mouse, and if I am downloading something at a high rate for several hours it will randomly cause a BSOD.

will the core i5-760 cpu work with this board? it's not listed on the supported cpu list on dfi's site...

I'm just running it at 3.2ghz(160bclkx20) with turbo enabled. No issues with stability, and I haven't added any heatsinks to the mosfets. I have a top down cooler, so that might help with temperatures. I'm just curious if the new BIOS drops the bclk to 150, I thought I read that it did, but I can't recall if that was for all CPUs or just i7's, or if I'm completely imagining it.

The new BIOS says it fixes USB compatability issues, so I am hoping it will finally allow me to have my USB wifi adapter and USB mouse plugged in at the same time without issues. The wifi adapter seems to cause USB interrupts when it starts transmitting at high rates, seems like it would be a power issue, but I've got it on a powered hub, so that can't be it. I Was thinking about moving the USB jumpers, but saw another user had tried that and it didn't help. It's not that the wifi adapter doesn't work, it's that it causes issues with my mouse, and if I am downloading something at a high rate for several hours it will randomly cause a BSOD.

hrm, I wonder if the power issues could be the same thing i'm having with my displayport adapter (have mouse, kb, card reader, smartcard reader, and dp adapter plugged in to usb)

cuts out occasionally

hrm, I wonder if the power issues could be the same thing i'm having with my displayport adapter (have mouse, kb, card reader, smartcard reader, and dp adapter plugged in to usb)

cuts out occasionally

my cuts out too, always thought its b/c of my defective usb stick, but maybe not.
what are you voltage setting guys? i can't get mine stable in games with turboboost @ 148bclk. but prime+furmark stable. only in games bsod w/ win7x64

seems fine now with turboboost off.but even stranger is bsod only some games, others ie. civilization v, or starcraft 2 runs completely fine. I at a loss. lol

I've never had a BSOD while using the system, it only occurs if I leave the thing downloading at 1+mb/s overnight, and I'll check the thing and find that it's crashed and rebooted. I'm running 160bclk @1.2ish volts, it might be set to lower. Furmark stable, games stable, Prime stable. Right now I've got only 3 USB plugs going to the system, a powered hub (with my wifi, G7 adapter+charger, 2.5'' USB HDD, and 2x3.5'' HDD's), a mini BT adapter, and a mini microSD card reader.

Check your RAM settings and your vcore. I had some issues with XBMC for instance causing a BSOD even though the system was stable in linpack when my vcore was too low.

Check your RAM settings and your vcore. I had some issues with XBMC for instance causing a BSOD even though the system was stable in linpack when my vcore was too low.

Ram is running at stock settings, passed over 800% in HCI memtest. Vcore is actually high compared to what I've seen of other OC's with i5-750's.

Stock being 1600Mhz? 1333Mhz? If you use XMP RAM frequency is automatically selected, if you don't use XMP you can try lowering freq a little to see if it helps

Stock being 1600Mhz? 1333Mhz? If you use XMP RAM frequency is automatically selected, if you don't use XMP you can try lowering freq a little to see if it helps

i tried vcore 1.2v, seemed to help, for a bit, bsod slower (15mins vs 5mins), but still bsod
tried both xmp and manual, my g.skill rated @ 1.6v i think, had them @ 1.65, still bsod.

going to try slightly higher voltage when i get a chance, going to just leave turbo boost off for now.

Stock being 1600mhz. The RAM is actually underclocked if I don't OC the CPU. Regardless, the system is stable unless I download at rates above 1mb/s. Following this specific rule, my system has been up for almost a month without error. During that time, I've been writing my thesis, and gaming quite often, with the random file compression/video encode here and there. I still get weird USB behavior when transferring files over the network, since during those operations I cannot control the wireless transfer speed.

I still get weird USB behavior when transferring files over the network, since during those operations I cannot control the wireless transfer speed.

no way to assign that IP as a 1mb/sec connection from your router?

I also noticed choppy wireless kb/mouse performance with the wifi (that's another reason why I went back to wired gigabit)

How has everyone cooled the mosfets on this board. esp the ones on the bottom

I custom cut copper mosfet heatsinks down with a dremel :) And have a 120mm fan pointed at the board laterally so some of the air goes underneath.

IMG_8829.jpg

haven't oc'd this machine -- mainly kept them on there as a preventative measure... those mosfets on the bottom are thought to be the #1 killer of these boards, so since I'm cramming this into a very tiny case with reduced airflow, I wanted to make sure they stayed nice and cool :)

so far only bought one pack of the enzotech mos-c1's so far.. might get another one for the bottom mosfets.. i had thought about getting a fairly thick copper sheet and cut out a plate and connect all the mosfets together using it.. but not sure how well it'll fair compared to using the shortened c1's

so far only bought one pack of the enzotech mos-c1's so far.. might get another one for the bottom mosfets.. i had thought about getting a fairly thick copper sheet and cut out a plate and connect all the mosfets together using it.. but not sure how well it'll fair compared to using the shortened c1's

If you heatpiped the bottom mosfets to a radiator that was easily fan-accessible it would probably help quite a bit ;)

What do people use as their overclocking bios settings?

I'm not sure what these do

Super VID
O.C. Shut Down Free

I disable O.C.S.D and Super VID raised voltage and BCLK to 160 on my i5 750, then lowered voltage till it stopped being stable at an hour of linpack. Once I found it unstable raised it a notch and ran linpack for 6 hours. Good enough for me. :D

I've been playing around with settings though I think my RAM might be limiting me, as it's only 1333.

I ended up having OC Shut down free enabled and Super VID off.

C-state: disabled (seems to cause random freezes, because the voltage change cant keep up)
Speedstep: enabled
Turbo: enabled

what if we cut a hole in the bottom of the case below the mobo and installed a fan there cooling the PWMs?

I didn't cool them, mine works fine at 160BCLK with an i5 750. just added a fan to move some air across the mosfets on top.

HELP!!!

I put a system based on this mobo to sleep, and now it wont wake up or even power up. The 2 yellow standby lights are lit, but when i press the power button, the fans briefly spin up, then stop, while the red LED code flashes a zero only for an instant then blanks out again. I've reset the BIOS using the button on the back, removed the battery, etc.. but nothing..

Any suggestions?

Disconnect it from the power source. Wait a few secs and plug it back.

If it doesn't work it's likely bad news. I'm guessing you let ABS OC your CPU automatically...1st BIOS revision did that.

Happened on one of my boards. Had to replace CPU and the Board. Try it with one stick on one slot at a time. If nothing happens try a different CPU. On my board one memory channel died and so did the CPU. The dimms were fine.

On my case it happened because ABS overclocked the CPU to 180BCLK (i5 750) and raised vcore.

Disconnect it from the power source. Wait a few secs and plug it back.

If it doesn't work it's likely bad news. I'm guessing you let ABS OC your CPU automatically...1st BIOS revision did that.

This is what i ended up doing and now the system is working again. Thanks for the help!! :) No i didn't o/c the chip (i3 530). This is quite a moody mobo and passes some of its anxiety over to me!! :p Glad the ordeal is over... (touchwood)

Thanks again for the reply.

Back