New DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36

I don't know about clearance, it's a good cooler for a dual core CPU though, cools my e7200 silently and has a fanmate so you can adjust fan speed, dunno if it will do fine on a Quad

Just got the board. I've got 1.35v Mushkin sticks, and I'm wondering if there's a way to get exactly 1.35v vdimm. What is the DDR3 Terminal Voltage? Is it a voltage adjustment to the vdimm??

Just got the board. I've got 1.35v Mushkin sticks, and I'm wondering if there's a way to get exactly 1.35v vdimm. What is the DDR3 Terminal Voltage? Is it a voltage adjustment to the vdimm??
No, I use 1.4v I think. Since it doesn't go to 1600 without OC you can lower it to 1.3 or lower probably since it will run at 1333

No, I use 1.4v I think. Since it doesn't go to 1600 without OC you can lower it to 1.3 or lower probably since it will run at 1333

Then what is the terminal voltage thing? I remember on the last DFI board they had a similar feature, whole numbers for voltage, and adjustments for fine tuning.

I know it wont, I was just curious. I'm actually having horrible stability issues with the board and a stock i5-750. When I first installed it last night I left everything at the defaults aside from setting the RAM to the XMP setting and the vdimm to 1.4v. It was fine even while gaming. I come home today and try to set the CPU voltage and vtt, and ever since then it will randomly crash just browsing web pages. I'll have to clear cmos i guess.

Hi

I got my dfi Mi yesterday everything was working fine but then this morning it didn't want to start up. The leds are on but nothing is happening when i put the power on. I tried a clear cmos with the pins and by removing the battery for 5 minutes but still no response. I tried also the clear cmos with the small button on the back, when i press it i have half of a zero on the led display then goes back the blank.
I didn't do any overclocking on my own, just the automatic ABS, the mosfets seems fine (no burning or anything). I use an i5 750 and 2 sticks of DDR3 ripjaws.
Any idea, am i in for a return?

Hi

I got my dfi Mi yesterday everything was working fine but then this morning it didn't want to start up. The leds are on but nothing is happening when i put the power on. I tried a clear cmos with the pins and by removing the battery for 5 minutes but still no response. I tried also the clear cmos with the small button on the back, when i press it i have half of a zero on the led display then goes back the blank.
I didn't do any overclocking on my own, just the automatic ABS, the mosfets seems fine (no burning or anything). I use an i5 750 and 2 sticks of DDR3 ripjaws.
Any idea, am i in for a return?

ABS killed one of my boards. It usually goes to 180BLCK on an i5 750 and raises the voltage. On my case on RAM channel on the board board, the CPU and one DIMM died. Got them all replaced under warranty.

I had another exact build handy so I was able to quickly find out what happened.

i hope my i5 is ok, i tried my ddr3 sticks on another motherboard and they are working fine.
I was at 180 bclk also with ABS automatic profile, i noticed it raised cpu voltage to 1.325 if i remember well.
DFI should really make a revision of this mb. It's great but not really safe with the shipping bios. I didn't have the time to update it..

So 4 months later and DFI has yet to resolve the wifi dongle issues ?
That's kinda lame for a company this large :/

Anyone have this running with an i3-530? I've seen some pretty decent reviews of the 530. I'm going to run it in a Silverstone Sugo SG05-B with the Corsair H50 (after modding the backplate).

I know the overclocking on this board is extremely limited but can I at least hit 3.8? I'll be adding copper mosfets heatsinks for added help.

Anyone have this running with an i3-530? I've seen some pretty decent reviews of the 530. I'm going to run it in a Silverstone Sugo SG05-B with the Corsair H50 (after modding the backplate).

I know the overclocking on this board is extremely limited but can I at least hit 3.8? I'll be adding copper mosfets heatsinks for added help.

i had my i3 530 up to 170 fsb i think that is limit , also had to raise vcore just a little bit above stock . used a h50 cooling system. was stable for me in tests i did

now plagued with the dual channel memory problems again, really thinking corsair memory isnt compatable with this board. either that i have now had two boards fail me this way . and i tested with two different cpus so i know its not the cpu. memory i tested 12 gb of corsair here in another system and its fine with memtest in windows. but dfi wont post now with both banks used .

sigh

Jen

i had my i3 530 up to 170 fsb i think that is limit , also had to raise vcore just a little bit above stock . used a h50 cooling system. was stable for me in tests i did

now plagued with the dual channel memory problems again, really thinking corsair memory isnt compatable with this board. either that i have now had two boards fail me this way . and i tested with two different cpus so i know its not the cpu. memory i tested 12 gb of corsair here in another system and its fine with memtest in windows. but dfi wont post now with both banks used .

sigh

Jen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260

I'm running that corsair 2x2 XMS3 ddr3 on my DFI right now, I haven't had any issues :(

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260

I'm running that corsair 2x2 XMS3 ddr3 on my DFI right now, I haven't had any issues :(

what i have is the CAS 7 and CAS 8 memory . even tried to loosen the timings and still same problem . with the i3 530 it has error code of 18 and wont post without one stick of memory removed.

edit

after more testing i have found the outside memory bank has failed , this is second time for me . dont know what is causing this issue or how to prevent this from happening again

Jen

Last edited:
You slot died? was your board OC'ed automlatically via ABS? same happenend to one of my boards. Since then I strictly set all OC/Voltage options by hand

You slot died? was your board OC'ed automlatically via ABS? same happenend to one of my boards. Since then I strictly set all OC/Voltage options by hand

wont post with memory bank used have error code 18 or 16 . if i remove that memory out machine posts and is in windows. this is second time this has happened to me .

all voltages i could set was set , no overclocking was done when i had replaced the i3 530 with this i7 860 . since i have better cooling was going back to the i7 860 as i liked the performance better

Jen

mine arrived today, will set it up this time next week though! Its tiny :D, compared to my rampage 2 extreme anyway, haha.

I'm much less interested in power requirement as I am about physical restrictions. I'm curious if (with or without a little modding) a 5870 could be squeezed in there, since it's power connectors are oriented to the top instead of the end of the card. Been considering upgrading (or downgrading as it were) from my matx i7 system to something smaller for traveling to lan parties, but supporting at least a 5870 is a concern.

I'm doing that right now as a matter of fact. 5870 is in the mail!

Has anyone else had an issue with board flex while mounting aftermarket coolers? I'm trying to install a Noctua U9B-SE2 and when I get to tightening the mounting brackets down, even after only a few turns of the screws the board begins to flex. If I continue it flexes by what looks like at least 1/4 cm. It's scary, and I don't dare tighten them down all the way. I'm not sure what to do, as I can't stand the Intel cooler, and I don't want an H50.

Yeah, a little...just don't overtighten. You don't need THAT much force on it.

Even if I just hand tighten, the board is flexing way more than I'm comfortable with. The directions for the noctua say to screw the brackets down until they stop, but I start seeing flex way before they're at the end of the thread.

at least it's not as bad as on the 775 boards, i always had problem not flexing it too much on the zotac 9300 for example. The underplate is nice for that now on 1156 board.

I just don't know what to do. The only thing I can think of is that either the screws they gave me are too short, the plastic spacers are too tall, or the DFI backplate is too thick.

Noctua got back to me, it seems the backplate on this board is thicker than the standard LGA1156 metal backplate, and that's why I'm seeing so much flex. Awesome, thanks DFI!

i notice the abs stock voltage is quite high compare to what is needed.
if you do decide to use abs, MAKE SURE to lower the voltages.
they need not to be nearly as high.
i'd recommand not using it all together ftw.
been running i5-750 @ 155bclk for 4mths. no problems yet other than occasionally bsod.
which i blame win7 rather than the hardware =P

Just got this board myself, got it all set up, noticed i can't go any higher than 150bclk with my i5 661. After this heavy disappointment i noticed i have the bios from 2009-12-31, i quickly grab the current latest bios 2010-04-20 seeing all the awesome features like actually supporting the i5 661 and proceed to install it. After that's done, still can't go past 150, what's up with this? :(

Just got this board myself, got it all set up, noticed i can't go any higher than 150bclk with my i5 661. After this heavy disappointment i noticed i have the bios from 2009-12-31, i quickly grab the current latest bios 2010-04-20 seeing all the awesome features like actually supporting the i5 661 and proceed to install it. After that's done, still can't go past 150, what's up with this? :(

limitation set by dfi to prevent damage to motherboard . same with the i7 860 i have max it can overclock is 150 fsb and i dont have voltage control . one of the main reasons i bought this board was for voltage control to undervolt it.

Jen

surely if you rollback the bios and stick to their limitations, youd have the ability to undervolt?

limitation set by dfi to prevent damage to motherboard . same with the i7 860 i have max it can overclock is 150 fsb and i dont have voltage control . one of the main reasons i bought this board was for voltage control to undervolt it.

Ah, but what puzzles me is even with the old bios i was locked to 150 fsb, and i could be wrong, but in clunks review of the board with the bios revision that limited the fsb he said the i5's would have a maximum of 170 fsb

Ah, but what puzzles me is even with the old bios i was locked to 150 fsb, and i could be wrong, but in clunks review of the board with the bios revision that limited the fsb he said the i5's would have a maximum of 170 fsb

Wouldn't it depend on which i5 you're talking about? Right now I've got my i5-750 at 160, with turbo boost. Works well, just need a proper case so I can see how hot the vrm's are going to get.

Expecting this board to come in on Tuesday, and haven't gotten a chance to read the entire thread yet. Do I immediately need to update the BIOS, and manually set the voltages?

I'm going to be putting an i7 860.

Wouldn't it depend on which i5 you're talking about? Right now I've got my i5-750 at 160, with turbo boost. Works well, just need a proper case so I can see how hot the vrm's are going to get.

True, but you would think a dual core would be able to get at least as much as your quad there, especially because they have the same 95w tdp. Ah well, its insanely fast as is, I don't really need to go higher, bit silly for DFI put such a limitation on the 661 and not the 750 though.

It has the same TDP including the graphics core. You won't be using it so you have more headroom.

Jen

what volt are you talking about?
i can set my cpu vcore @ 1.1375v with newest bios.

not sure if it only affects 860 or what.

and reply to post above, according to dfi 750 limit @ 180 while idk about the 661.

DFI doesn't allow vcore control on Hyperthreaded Lynnfieds on newer BIOS revisions....which is quite dunb

Any update on the USB-wifi issues? I'm really stuck choosing between the DFI board and the Zotac H55.

No news:(
I still use cable that goes across my living room, cause I cannot use any of usb adapters. I bought 5 different brands, non of them worked, so I stopped trying...

Any update on the USB-wifi issues? I'm really stuck choosing between the DFI board and the Zotac H55.
This seems to be a hard problem to figure out. DFI keeps denying a problem exists and only a few folks have it. Seems odd

Back