New DFI Expert Bios

neisius

Gawd
Well it looks like us Expert owners have our first bios update.

Date Code 2005/12/07
File NF4EDC07.zip
Size 424,732 bytes
1.Enhance Memory Support.
2.Support AMD Athlon 64 FX60 CPUs.
3.Add over clocks step by step.

anyone try it yet?

Subscribed....

I'm getting ready to build my AMD rig and retire my old faithful rig in sig. I've been reading alot over at xtremesystems.org forums about the Expert. Seems that some people have had problems with the board, including dead CPU's because of it. Granted, its only been a few isolated incidents but it worries me nevertheless. I picked up a great stepping 3800+ X2 on Ebay and don't want to risk having the mobo fry it. I haven't seen anyone here yet post that their Expert board died and/or took other components with it. It's either going to be the Expert or the ePox 9NPA+

Maybe this bios addresses the issues listed over at xtremesystems :D

Scroatdog said:
Subscribed....

I'm getting ready to build my AMD rig and retire my old faithful rig in sig. I've been reading alot over at xtremesystems.org forums about the Expert. Seems that some people have had problems with the board, including dead CPU's because of it. Granted, its only been a few isolated incidents but it worries me nevertheless. I picked up a great stepping 3800+ X2 on Ebay and don't want to risk having the mobo fry it. I haven't seen anyone here yet post that their Expert board died and/or took other components with it. It's either going to be the Expert or the ePox 9NPA+

Maybe this bios addresses the issues listed over at xtremesystems :D
I thought the CPU killing problems were already figured out. Something to do with running the CPU at low stock volts and ram at very high volts. This causes over currenting in the CPU...or at least that's what I remember.
Well I may try it out today. Does reflashing on these boards delete all the setings?

neisius said:
I thought the CPU killing problems were already figured out. Something to do with running the CPU at low stock volts and ram at very high volts. This causes over currenting in the CPU...or at least that's what I remember.
Well I may try it out today. Does reflashing on these boards delete all the setings?

Yes, from what I read, those were the problems with CPU killing, so as long as you're aware of it...

Reflashing does delete all settings also.

So?

Anyone take a crack at the new BIOS yet???? Just ordered my Expert frrom Monarch yesterday evening. Now I've got to order some Audi "Pentosin" antifreeze, pick up some new tubing, make a new slipstreamed XP copy with all the updates, and get a 400 or 500 gig HDD to replace the two 80's I have in RAID 0.

new bios screwed me up, i couldn't boot into windows

there are people on dfi-street using it successfully though

Back