New Dell Latitude's

Agreed, I haven't seen one yet that I have any particular liking towards. There was a thread over at NotebookReview's forums where people are basically bashing the hell out of the new designs, and it ain't pretty (referring to the thread, as well as the new designs actually - double-whammy).

Do I like the new Sandy Bridge systems? Yes, I would love to have that kind of power in a laptop right now.

Do I like what Dell did with their designs, and the basically "dropped like a hot potato" fact that they don't offer 16:10 anymore on the Latitude lineup in favor of the *cough*lame ass*choke* 16:9 screens? Hell no, I don't.

Looks like I'll be searching for a nice E6400 or E6410 for long term use at some point. Hell, I really like the red ones, actually, and they offer 16:10 screens (1440x900 is my target resolution nowadays on a 14.1" screen) so that's what I'm going to stick with. Should see some nice price drops soon on the Dell Outlet, and there's always fleaBay and craigslist as well as pawn shops too...

The new Precision models are very nice. They do have 16:9 screens, but I still prefer them over the new Latitude's. HP is still silent with the new EliteBook's.

Yah, I do like the Precisions. My dream laptop is the M6500 absolutely maxed out totally... I priced that out a few weeks ago just for shits and giggles, came to something like $19,000+.

But 32GB of RAM in it, with dual 256GB SSDs... ;)

I'd be running Windows 7 Professional x64 from a RAMdisk - meaning the entire OS exists and runs solely from RAM itself - that would make the SSDs look like they're standing still. :D :D

Back