NEW CS:S Zboard Keyboard OMGZ it makes u L337!!!

Does anybody actually own a zboard? I think they are stupid. The only way I could see it being of any benefit is to a complete n00b who has tons of trouble finding buttons. But even then you're still going to have to look down at something to hit it.

yeah thats what im thinking...

i have so much crap binded... auto throw... kill (as in suicide im a PUBMASTER babey)... tons of communicae, including vent and Xfire...

keyboard doesnt offer anything special. you need one that just allows one hand to hit more buttons easier.

People I know who've gotten it liked it.

I think fancy keyboards... if you get one, sure, they're neat and useful, but it's not a life-or-death thing. :)

I find it amsuing that the communications buttons are the F buttons.. way too far away to be useful.

I never understood the zboard. Are there really people who can't find WASD and a few action keys on their keyboard? I've never used one but aren't the keys like rubber with no tactile feedback?

I hate the zboard, but I don't think that you can rule out a good keyboard. (no tolerance for deviations from the standard layout with the slim enter key) . I'm a big fan of my g15 (except the paint which has already rubbed off on a few keys). I like how it has full n-key rollover and a nice feel to the keys. I actually use the macro keys for a few things, but it's the media features that I like the most out of the extra buttons. Nothing like a smooth volume wheel and easily accessable mute button.

The screen is a nice feature but not enough games take advantage of it. If it wasn't for the cool factor and that the g11 wasn't out yet, I might've just bought a g11.

I use this keyboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823155003

It was only 20 bucks when i bought it, it has scissor keysso they are a lot more quiet than a normal keyboard and i love having it real low and the keys are close to together. much better than the keys that stick out huge like normal keyboards.

If this one starts to go out ever (had it for a really long time) i'll probly buy that logitech one that is flat. It is a lot cheaper than this board now and looks like the same thing.

I bought one a few months with the hope of making a keyboard a little more "gaming friendly" but I think it sucked. The extra keys aren't hard-coded, but are simply emulated via software. That essentially means it won't always work...and in a few games I tried out, it didn't. The software mapping program is also a little buggy and crashed on me more than once. The key layout, while a decent enough idea, just didn't do it for me.
I ended up just returning it and getting a normal lighted Saitek board. I like the idea of those "create your own" keyboards where you place the keys where you want...but something tells me those are sfotware based, too. I don't get why they can't just map a the same key in several places. Games let you re-map keys anyway...I don't need those lame-o software mappers.

Back