New Crysis 3 Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a new Crysis 3 trailer out today for those of you interested. The 6:40 trailer is contains some NSFW language but it is definitely a must watch for fans of the franchise.

looks like a buy pc game to me.
it does look better that the last crysis 2 game.

Looking forward to this game, just hope I can max it out with a little AA :D if not I suppose I'll have to get another 680.

Hmm, this video is in both Spanish and English, so I assume that means development is occurring here in Tejas.

looks good but theres still slowdowns you can notice during explosions and lots of movement.

You can tell they use a joypad for playing.

looks like a buy pc game to me.
it does look better that the last crysis 2 game.

Which isn't saying much. As a diehard fan of the original Crysis and FarCry that prototyped it, the question for Crysis2 forward has unfortunately become not how good is it but how much console suck is baked in ...

The MP gameplay footage I've seen is dreadful but in fairness its pre-release so will hold out judgment. If C3 is overall the same corridor shooter nonsense and the trailers are carefully trying to highlight areas that aren't as much so, it'll be a sad day again.

and FWIW I really wish they'd have done away with C2's styling of the aliens which has been carried forward, its probably my biggest sticking point is the cartoon/anime looks and movements of them which breaks immersion. god forbid they wouldve made them bigger, tougher, slower moving and more menacing like terminators to pump up the atmosphere of dread - a feeling you just dont get pew-pew'ing those cartoon aliens like space invaders.

I weeped a little inside when I saw how featured a bow and arrow was... even on the game package *sigh*

Looking forward to this game, just hope I can max it out with a little AA :D if not I suppose I'll have to get another 680.

Yeah, that is what I did :D

Hopefully it is ultilizes both cards well and is just overall ported to the PC well. AC3 was a huge let down for SLI. Not saying that they're related, just that it can happen.

looks good but theres still slowdowns you can notice during explosions and lots of movement.

You can tell they use a joypad for playing

Yup, you sure can. Around 2:16 when he switches to a machine gun, his tracking on the target is abysmal. It makes me hurt down deep inside.

I like the looks of this. Might be one I purchase.

Again with the damn bow, that's day 1 DLC, if it's not a standard feature of the game stop showing it.

I have been loving this game for a few weeks now...it totally kicks ass. I would say it is the best single person game in the last few years if not majority of the last decade.

Graphics (PC) are awesome although it took one config file tweak to disable motion blur (WTF, do they actually think people like that shit anyway?). I use FXAA

I like the motion blur. In the context of a "cinematic experience," the lack of motion blur takes away from the realism.

EDIT...my bad on what I said a few posts above...

Crap...sorry, I was thinking it was a FarCry 3 video before even watching the actual video. I take back what I said about it above...I have not played it. My reference was to FarCry 3, which is the best game I have played, if Crysis 3 is as good or better it will be a day one buy.

I disagree. Real life is not motion blurred and I do not like it in games.

Real life human visual perception DOES include motion blur but it's a little more complex compared to human-invented media since a sufficiently slow object can be tracked with your eyes without blur. An easy test is to wave your hand back and forth quickly and not focus on a particular spot on your hand. Anyway, a "cinematic experience" still includes motion blur most of the time since most movies don't shoot at an extremely fast shutter speed (usually it's the inverse of twice the frame rate).

The only "realistic" video game feature that I loathe is the head bobbing effect. That shit makes me nauseous.

I can't tell which crysis it is by looking at it. They all look the same to me.
another crysis tech demo.

They claim this is gameplay, we will see when it is actually in peoples hands. I dont trust any video like this coming from the company trying to sell you something.

Real life human visual perception DOES include motion blur but it's a little more complex compared to human-invented media since a sufficiently slow object can be tracked with your eyes without blur. An easy test is to wave your hand back and forth quickly and not focus on a particular spot on your hand. Anyway, a "cinematic experience" still includes motion blur most of the time since most movies don't shoot at an extremely fast shutter speed (usually it's the inverse of twice the frame rate).

The only "realistic" video game feature that I loathe is the head bobbing effect. That shit makes me nauseous.

I thought I was one of the only people that suffered from this, considering the lack of complaints about it. When HL2 came out, it was so bad that within 20 minutes I was laying on my floor feeling like I was on a fucked up carny ride that wouldn't end..Tweaking the FOV from the default 70 to like 100 helped a great deal, but the bobbing was terrible:(..

You can tell they use a joypad for playing.

Not unusual, it gives a "smoother" look to the movement than mouse and keyboard.

The video looks like horse shit to me, the compression is nasty even at 1080p... the grass sure is pretty though. It looks like there's a lot of detail to the environment.

Also I like motion blur, I think the video somewhat exasperates the effect though. I suspect it'll be nicer in game.

Call me crazy if you wish but CRYSIS 1 is the king and still looks the best visually and I liked the game play.

i hope it bring my gtx 690 to its knees lol. any way has steam fixed its problem unreal tournament double login problem? ill get the dvd version steam need to fix its issue before paying online for a game to down load again.:confused:

the grass sure is pretty though.

Took the words outta my mouth. The game looks great but it's nothing special compared with other current games. It's the MASSIVE amount of vegetation that's catching people off guard to the point where people see something special in the game. Also, I'm no guru but I think the MASSIVE amount of vegetation with AA on every blade of grass, branch, and leaf is what's gonna make this game a heavy hitter on hardware. Think about it, take out ALL that tall grass and 50% of the moss and tress and the game would look avgerage.

Tru story bro.

That's just my opinion and regardless this looks like a day one purchase for me :D:D:D

They're not dumb enough to resort to MSAA on all the damn vegetation. Even in Crysis and Warhead I think there were specific AA options for vegetation in the INI file. They'll just use some kind of post-processing or alpha blending.

Crap...sorry, I was thinking it was a FarCry 3 video before even watching the actual video. I take back what I said about it above...I have not played it. My reference was to FarCry 3, which is the best game I have played, if Crysis 3 is as good or better it will be a day one buy.

Agreed. Awesome game.

i hate head bobbing, i hate motion blur, i love depth of field with a touch of bokeh.

the games reticle took up like a third of the screen at times. i hate imprecision in my video game weapons. i prefer to aim rather than spray and pray.

I thought [H] didn't like Crysis?

Isn't this just Crysis 2 with a facelift?

This is my current theory. Would love to be proven wrong though, but Crysis 2 was a suckfest...don't see how 3 will be much different other than prettier graphics and physics.

Back