New Crysis 2 single player trailer!

I dont know why but I'm not jazzed up as I usually am for a new FPS.

I think part of the reason could be attributed to the title not being built from the ground up for pc only. Imagine if Crytek had made Crysis 2 pc only. If they did that, I think there would be far greater interest from the pc community, no doubt. As it is, this version of Crysis has been dumbed down to work on consoles, sadly. I still have high hopes for it, though, as Crytek can still make a compelling game.

I have my fun with later part, not quite sure why some people find it boring while I find it not bad :S

Same here. I don't really get what people hate about the second half of these games.

[Edit:] Just read Derangel's post. I forgot how much I hated the VTOL level. The loss of the exploration/sandbox feel is also true and I can't believe I didn't notice it very much.

The stupid monkey monsters in Far Cry were annoying as hell, but they were also pretty challenging imo. I would've had more fun if I'd killed humans the whole time, but it wasn't that bad fighting the mutants.

The aliens in Crysis were a lot better than the mutants though. The transition was abrupt and ridiculous, but I enjoyed killing aliens as much as I enjoyed killing humans and it allowed for some more interesting environments.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, gameplay looks good too, i hate trailers with nothing but cut scenes...

Unsurprisingly Crysis 2 looks visually very impressive.

However the trailer only makes me want one thing... the jungle back again...

i want to see some impressive multiplayer footage, all I've seen thus far has been COD with a nanosuit. If they can deliver the goods ill be getting it when it hits the stores.

i want to see some impressive multiplayer footage, all I've seen thus far has been COD with a nanosuit. If they can deliver the goods ill be getting it when it hits the stores.

The single player might actually have something to offer this time around based on the new footage. Having played the multiplayer demo, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the multiplayer will be CoD with a nano suit.

I hope they retain the open world aspects from cyrsis 1. I think that's what's missing from too many shooters nowadays. Crysis has the objective for a level but you didn't have to walk down a corridor and shoot enemies that popped out of the doorways, there are set enemies throughout the level and you can sneak past or kill them any way you want. that's what i like in my single player games and I hope that it's still that way in Crysis 2.

super soldier or not, running out in the open while surrounded by enemies should = death.

I didnt like how in warhead how once your health got extra low enemy bullets became very inaccurate.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was so excited for Crysis but could never play it through. Graphics were great but the gameplay was meh. I liked Far Cry a lot but I think that if this game is anything like the first Crysis it will be a borefest.

Does not look nearly as good as the original. It's still decent looking but it's not a bar raiser. A true Crysis 2 should be blowing us all away and making us start saving for upgrades.

Does not look nearly as good as the original. It's still decent looking but it's not a bar raiser. A true Crysis 2 should be blowing us all away and making us start saving for upgrades.

Frankly with it being a console port, I'd be surprised if this even turns out as technically impressive as the original, if not worse. I'm expecting it to be a downgrade in several ways. :(

Frankly with it being a console port, I'd be surprised if this even turns out as technically impressive as the original, if not worse. I'm expecting it to be a downgrade in several ways. :(

Definitely man. The character models, assets, post processing etc all look the same quality, but all the complexity of the jungle environment is gone.

Did Michael Bay make this game?

It's a Michael Bay / Roland Emmerich collaboration...

Story wasn't exactly Crysis' trump card. As long as it plays alright and isn't too consolised I'll be happy enough, although this isn't a Day 1 purchase by any means.

I'm sure there will be some hate but what I see there tells me it's going to deliver the goods I'm looking for.

If I'm honest about it, I think it would take a lot for me not get that game on day one.

Like I said before I have a good feeling this is going to push our hardware & it looks like its going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

I think part of the reason could be attributed to the title not being built from the ground up for pc only. Imagine if Crytek had made Crysis 2 pc only. If they did that, I think there would be far greater interest from the pc community, no doubt. As it is, this version of Crysis has been dumbed down to work on consoles, sadly. I still have high hopes for it, though, as Crytek can still make a compelling game.

Well, Crysis was the last true PC game and still there were quite a few whiners, that wanted to trash the game, because it didn't run on their 2-3 year old machine, with everything set to max @ 1920x1200 and 4xAA.
And when Crysis WARHEAD came out, and had graphics scaled down a bit and thus ran better on older machines, Crytek got flak for WARHEAD not looking as good as Crysis...

I don't think that what you said, has anything to do with Crysis 2 being a cross-platform title. It just has to do with the fact that whatever happens, there's always going to be a group that will moan and bitch about anything.

Turns out these system requirements were correct after all. The official system requirements are here, but they're identical to those that got around the net earlier this week:

Hmm, wow, ok. Funny how they denied it originally. I wonder why they did that. In any case, can't wait to see how this runs on modern pc's. I doubt it's going to be as stressful as the original Crysis, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. ;)

Well, Crysis was the last true PC game and still there were quite a few whiners, that wanted to trash the game, because it didn't run on their 2-3 year old machine, with everything set to max @ 1920x1200 and 4xAA.
And when Crysis WARHEAD came out, and had graphics scaled down a bit and thus ran better on older machines, Crytek got flak for WARHEAD not looking as good as Crysis...

I don't think that what you said, has anything to do with Crysis 2 being a cross-platform title. It just has to do with the fact that whatever happens, there's always going to be a group that will moan and bitch about anything.

Yeah, you're right. You're never going to please everyone. In any case, I'm still looking forward to the game.

I've always liked the crytek games for being shooters in a bright envrioment. t seems like to often these day you are fighting in all brown enviroments with depressing lighting.

Nice....
I always loved Far Cry and Crysis, and this looks sweet
anyone who says "crysis sucks" needs to install a game from 6-7 years ago and realize how good it really is.
people are getting jaded from the glut of games and 3D technology
this game will kick azz....

im stoked for this game, i hope the graphics and gameplay and story are better than the first and warhead

Anyone else finding it hard to get excited about Crysis 2?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's hard to get excited about a game that has been circumcised/limited/consolised

I would class myself as mildly disinterested

I don't know if that's it. If it wasn't a Crytek / Crysis game I'd be a little more excited myself. But considering Crysis wasn't all that great. At least not the second half. Crysis Warhead was a better game overall, and it did address some of the issues I had with Crysis. So hopefully they listen a bit to their detractors and Crysis 2 will be good. Then again Crysis had some of the same problems as Far Cry did so then again they may not.

I'm probably going to get Crysis 2 so long as the opinion on the forums isn't one of total disapproval.

I preordered this for $30 from EA back when this game was still supposed to come out Q4 2010. I wonder if they'll honor that now...

Warhead was an amazing game, the first 2/3 of Crysis was amazing; I have no reason to expect this won't be amazing. All you needed to have was some creativity to mix up the suit modes and go to town. Immense replay value if you like FPS mechanics in a sandbox.

It's hard to get excited about a game that has been circumcised/limited/consolised. I would class myself as mildly disinterested
Most of us are uninterested because we bought Crysis almost purely for the visual splendor (whether you'll admit to it or not). Now that we've already been down that road, the lack of interest in its somewhat-less-visually-rich sequel is to be expected. It's a been-there-done-that scenario, which isn't something I don't think many people are going to line up to shell out $60 for.

Maybe i'm the minority here but I honestly though Crysis sucked.

I don't think Crysis sucks but I can see why you feel this way. For me, it's definitely nowhere near as fun as other fps, but I appreciate what Crysis is more so than its fun factor.

I preordered this for $30 from EA back when this game was still supposed to come out Q4 2010. I wonder if they'll honor that now...

Warhead was an amazing game, the first 2/3 of Crysis was amazing; I have no reason to expect this won't be amazing. All you needed to have was some creativity to mix up the suit modes and go to town. Immense replay value if you like FPS mechanics in a sandbox.
if its pre ordered then its locked in unless you want to cancel it. I had Dead Space 2 pre ordered since last March for 30 bucks and even the price increase had no impact on my pre order.

It's hard to get excited about a game that has been circumcised/limited/consolised

I would class myself as mildly disinterested

Yep...well said.

Reh, I might work up the effort to watch a friend play it for 5 minutes, if I can find anyone willing to buy it.

I find it hard to get excited about a game that already happened. Crysis was like nothing before it, if you enjoyed it that is. It's a lose/lose situation for Crytek. If the game is too similar to the first it's crap because it's just Crysis again. If too much has changed, it's crap because it's not Crysis anymore. If it's somewhere in the middle...it's just a console port.

Hope I'm wrong though because while not excited about it...I am looking forward to it.

The novelty of Crysis wore off quickly for me. I remember installing it, patching it and it running like crap. I not really excited for it.

To this day I still believe its an unoptimized. Hopefully they have corrected this in Crysis 2.

It's not that unoptimized, it's what happens when you have who knows how many trees and branches and leaves independently rendered with dynamic lighting. Warhead ran more smoothly but that wasn't because they found a magic formula and the difference is hardly huge.

The crowd of "I ran this game once and it wasn't 60 FPS so it sucked" is ill-informed. You can't speak to the merits of a game you never played because it made your e-peen look limp.

Maybe i'm the minority here but I honestly though Crysis sucked.

I liked the gameplay and I was happy with it until the aliens showed up. Then it started to suck a little bit.

I thought Warhead handled some of that better and in some ways was simply more fun to play.

I'd say if this keeps that balance or improves upon it and just opens some things up a bit more, which it looks like... I think this will be a fun and "non suck" game. :)

Looked a lot more like Halo than I expected.

Other than that I can't see anything too exciting. I learned from buying Crysis on release; I'll sit on this one a while. It looks like it'll play out exactly as Crysis did for me - it's possible to throw shit at people and collapse buildings on them and whatnot, but I end up just shooting everyone normally because it's quicker and the novelty of throwing stuff wears out immediately.

Back