New CPU and board, fresh OS install, choppy GPU?

Kuromizu

Gawd
I just yesterday upgraded from an E6600 to a 1055t. Everything seems to be running fine except for the video card. Some things run decently (FFXIV beta) but others (LoL and TF2) are very choppy and deliver poor framerates. They didn't do that before, just started.

Now, my CCC tray icon lists the 5850 3 times. 2 displays disabled, one not.

The other thing is, I was playing at 1920x1200 on my E6600, my monitor died so this choppyness is occurring on a 1280x960 CRT.

any ideas?

Double check the bios and make sure that all of the cpu cores are enabled. Double check CPU-Z to make sure as well. As for the GPU, run GPU-Z to make sure all of the PCI-E lanes are on.

If it isn't hardware, then it's probably a driver issue.

I just yesterday upgraded from an E6600 to a 1055t. Everything seems to be running fine except for the video card. Some things run decently (FFXIV beta) but others (LoL and TF2) are very choppy and deliver poor framerates. They didn't do that before, just started.

Now, my CCC tray icon lists the 5850 3 times. 2 displays disabled, one not.

The other thing is, I was playing at 1920x1200 on my E6600, my monitor died so this choppyness is occurring on a 1280x960 CRT.

any ideas?

Check device manager and make sure you have all your drivers installed for motherboard etc.. also check your bios settings and ensure primary video pcie etc..

OK, GPU looks fine. It's the CPU that says it's running at 800mhz. Then again, loaded up FFXIV and it's up to 3ghz

Edit: it's just bouncing around like mad. I know it's got turbo core and C&Q, but come on.

OK, GPU looks fine. It's the CPU that says it's running at 800mhz. Then again, loaded up FFXIV and it's up to 3ghz

Disable Intel speed step and all of those throttling options in bios, remove any software features for this (if installed) Make sure your cpu runs full speed all the time and doesn't throttle down. I've seen that cripple systems meant for gaming.

1055t is AMD, but I get what you're saying. I'll have to do that

I just wanted to have those features on for power saving.

BTW, thanks for the help yall.

Last edited:
Back