New Corsair VOID Surround Brings Advanced Gaming Audio to PC, PS4 and Xbox One

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the immediate availability of the Corsair VOID Surround and Corsair VOID Wireless RGB White headsets, further expanding its range of multi-award winning gaming headsets. Offering universal compatibility for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, VOID Surround opens up its legendary gaming audio and supreme comfort for any platform, while the white version of the VOID Wireless RGB headset adds a striking, clean look to complement its 40 ft. wireless range and all-day battery life.

As with all Corsair VOID headsets, VOID Surround is built for comfort and durability, with memory-foam ear pads wrapped in long-lasting microfiber and cast aluminum construction. Oversized 50mm neodymium drivers deliver brilliant, precise highs and powerful bass, while a sophisticated unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone makes sure your teammates hear you loud and clear.

I wonder why they didn't make one with their tried and true colors of black and red. The wireless headset looks very nice. I wonder how it sounds. I'm trying to go wireless with everything in my setup and this is relevant to my interests. Range, battery longevity. Can you swap out batteries. Can I have a plug in option even with the wireless, stuff like that.

I wonder why they didn't make one with their tried and true colors of black and red. The wireless headset looks very nice. I wonder how it sounds. I'm trying to go wireless with everything in my setup and this is relevant to my interests. Range, battery longevity. Can you swap out batteries. Can I have a plug in option even with the wireless, stuff like that.

As an owner of a Corsair Void wireless headset, I can tell you that you can NOT swap out the batteries (at least not easily and in a way that won't void the warranty), and yes you can plug in the headset and use them while they're charging without any interruptions. However with the RGB lights disabled, I've been able to get 12 hour long gaming sessions out of them before hearing the low battery sound and needing to plug in the cord (battery life goes down to about 8-9 hours with RGB lights on). My only complaint with them is their default EQ settings are rather terrible. Thankfully many people have posted various EQ settings on the corsair forums that can easily be copied over in their CUE software to fix this problem.

As an owner of a Corsair Void wireless headset, I can tell you that you can NOT swap out the batteries (at least not easily and in a way that won't void the warranty), and yes you can plug in the headset and use them while they're charging without any interruptions. However with the RGB lights disabled, I've been able to get 12 hour long gaming sessions out of them before hearing the low battery sound and needing to plug in the cord (battery life goes down to about 8-9 hours with RGB lights on). My only complaint with them is their default EQ settings are rather terrible. Thankfully many people have posted various EQ settings on the corsair forums that can easily be copied over in their CUE software to fix this problem.

Nice to know. How is the sound and nice protip on the EQ settings.

Wow, I'm surprised at the affordability of these. I fully expected to see a higher price. I'm also surprised at how loud and ugly that yellow set is.

I'm not really in the market now or the foreseeable future for a headset though. I have a pair of Astro A40s and they'll work with everything and I think will do so for a long time.

Back