New Coolermaster Case : Centurion 590

If this is the case, I suppose it is worth it to buy some extra fans. How many and of which quality, is too complicated for me. I've found 2 fans that seem appropriate, I'll supply a link.

Number 1, a Cooler Master Sleeve bearing without leds for 6,95 from the site where I am getting my new rig from.
Number two, an Antec Tricool with blue leds costing 13,95 at the same website.

I like the cheapness of the CM fans you linked to( I got a 4-pack for $15 USD not too long ago.) Only thing I don't like about them is that the holes go all the way through, prohibiting use of typical silicon mounts so you must use screws.

I just got this case and could not be happier! I finally found a case to fit all my 120mm fans! Once I purchase the rest of my new rig and get it together Ill definitely have complete pics up.

2gHgb_3.jpg

1sqWX_1.jpg

mmm...
air in: 2x120 1x140 (yate loons)
air out: 2x140 1x120 (yate loons)
1x120 scythe s-flex in the tuniq tower
1x140 in the thermaltake psu.

can anyone post info regarding where i can get another one of those internal drive cages?

anyone know where i can get longer feet (to allow more space between the floor case for PSU fan air) in the UK or shipped to the UK? been looking everywhere but cannot find any!

AjddO_Untitle2d.jpg

NQhbz_Untitled.jpg

still looking for another hdd cage. info would be awesome, if maybe anyone knows the model # for just the cage.

still looking for another hdd cage. info would be awesome, if maybe anyone knows the model # for just the cage.

CM tech support is supposedly awesome. You should call them up and ask about getting another cage if you can't find anywhere to buy one.

I installed my new rig in this case on Monday. Overall I like, cable management is better, but far from perfect. It's a nice case for the price, but I'll agree with some others that the CM cases a few years ago were much nicer (I miss my first Praetorian), but overall a decent case that didn't require me to cut anything to get everything where I wanted it. Might add one more fan, but the overall air flow is so good my temps are incredibly stable. Pics later.

Still need some cable clean up, but it's getting there...
gutsandglory.jpg

i agree too.
i wish i could easily find the old school coolermaster cases. that would be nice. my friend had one of the old silver fronts with the bronze side panels. that was quality.

this... not much nicer than an oldschool antec imo... then again... it just is a case.

This case has been sold out at my local Fry's and internet shipping would kill the deal for me. i can't wait to get and put mines together. After much speculation here are the specs for my new build. Most parts purchased from Mwave (forgot to use fatwallet 2%, doh!)

CoolerMaster Centurion 590
C2D E8400 - (great deal at Fry's)
Xigmatek S1283 cooler
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R
Visiontek HD3870OC - (from BestBuy sale!)
PATRIOT PVS24G8500ELKR2 4gb kit (2gb x 2) - (1066 speeds with higher profile ramsink)
SAMSUNG 750GB HD753LJ SATAII 7200RPM 32mb - (one of the faster/est drives on the market)
Corsair CMPSU-450VX (450 watt) - Seasonic internals

Price for all parts except the CoolerMaster case and CPU is $637.24 before $40 total mail in rebates.

-Case is expected to be $64.99x1.0825 tax = $70.35
-E8400 + ECS mobo combo = $184.01

Grand total is 905.60 before $40 mail in rebate and ECS mobo sale.

What do you guys think about this combination? (I will post lots of pictures when the items arrive)

This case has been sold out at my local Fry's and internet shipping would kill the deal for me. i can't wait to get and put mines together. After much speculation here are the specs for my new build. Most parts purchased from Mwave (forgot to use fatwallet 2%, doh!)

CoolerMaster Centurion 590
C2D E8400 - (great deal at Fry's)
Xigmatek S1283 cooler
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R
Visiontek HD3870OC - (from BestBuy sale!)
PATRIOT PVS24G8500ELKR2 4gb kit (2gb x 2) - (1066 speeds with higher profile ramsink)
SAMSUNG 750GB HD753LJ SATAII 7200RPM 32mb - (one of the faster/est drives on the market)
Corsair CMPSU-450VX (450 watt) - Seasonic internals

Price for all parts except the CoolerMaster case and CPU is $637.24 before $40 total mail in rebates.

-Case is expected to be $64.99x1.0825 tax = $70.35
-E8400 + ECS mobo combo = $184.01

Grand total is 905.60 before $40 mail in rebate and ECS mobo sale.

What do you guys think about this combination? (I will post lots of pictures when the items arrive)

Looks good to me :).

http://www.wayneguan.com/Jpeg/CM590/index.html

Here are the photos I took while doing the install. Yeah the Corsair 450W was cheaper than the Seasonic 430W (and has seasonic internals). Its more than enough to power the E8400 that's running in the system. I just received my two Scythe S-Flex SFF21D fans (appears to be made in Japan!) and the Xigmatek retention bracket for my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 heatsink. Notice I did not (have) and thus did not install the retention bracket as it was OOS and I ordered it later. I don't know if I'm going to pull the system to install the bracket. If anyone needs one, let me know and I'll offer you a fair price.

I used this case with my latest build and I could not be happier with it. For the price it is a wonderful case, excellent airflow and great cable management without having to cut the case up yourself. This is easily one of my favorite cases of all time. Sure the build quality could be higher but the value for the money is stellar.

Just put my new build together today. This case was great for the price. Roomy, nice airflow and cable management was really easy (still haven't tied up all the cords yet, waiting for the vid card to come in to complete it)

newbuild1.jpg

You could fit a triple rad in there. Nice case for a person looking to W/C on a budget. ;)

I just bought this case, excited to get everything up... thanks for the pics guys

Got mine ~2 months ago, great case. Good airflow, more than enough space, just great. Also dirt cheap.

I'm probably going to get one of these cases for my next build, but I've got a few questions.

Has anyone figured out a way to mount more front fans without getting extra HDD cages? One of the reasons I like this case so much is the mesh front; I was set on putting 2 or 3 120mm fans in it.

Also, has anyone installed a non-low profile CPU cooler that doesn't require the side fan to be removed? I hate to limit my case fan applications. My original idea was 2 intakes on the side, 2 to 3 on the front, 1 exhaust on the rear, and 2 exhausts on the top.

Finally, how sturdy are the expansion card holders? I'm planning on sticking 2 HD4870's and a Creative X-Fi in this thing, and I don't want the plastic card holder to break on me. If it's crappy, is there room to fit screws in? If I could just use screws, I'd simply rip out the plastic holder and use the tried-and-true screw system (I'm so hardcore that I don't even mind having to use a screw driver for 30 seconds at a time to install cards. Shocking, I know).

Thanks!

*edit*

I stumbled upon this while putzing around Newegg looking for fan controllers. Looks like those looking for additional HDD cages are in luck.

Zip-ties are a lot cheaper than that, though not as easily re-used. :)

I Zip-tied a fan towards the front of my 690, and it works like a dream (PWM blowing right towards the RAM/CPU).

The power, LED, and I/O bay is not movable on the CM590. It is hard built above the bays. That is about the only thing you cant move around though. I have it and love it. I'm working on a few mods now this case offers a lot of flexibility and plenty of room.. Pics and such when its done.

WGSquallx2002 has some good pic now back a page if you want to get a good look at it.

You could actually move it with a little drilling for the actual ports and switches, the the face plate/power button and part of the front bezzle and not movable. I was contemplating ripping mine out, moving the ports down and swapping in a backlit switch this morning so I took it apart to see, no go. I love this case though, great air flow, tons of room.

inside_updated.jpg

I'll post mine up once I get my new SATA cables. I need "left" angle instead of "right" for my mobo. :mad: This case is VERY easy to work with, and has great cable management. If my PSU were modular, it would be nearly a perfect combination.

Sorry guys abot his comment...but I think the case should live under a bridge...if you catch my drift!!

For people who have this case and a TRUE

Can you use both side panel fans?

In my current case (Chieftec Bravo BH) i had to remove one of the side panel fans after I bought my TRUE.

another thing is, how long does the motherboard 12v cable must be in order to connect to it's plug in a P5K Premium? (top left corner of the mobo)

I have a Enermax Liberty and I'm not sure my cables are long enough for this case..

For people who have this case and a TRUE

Can you use both side panel fans?

In my current case (Chieftec Bravo BH) i had to remove one of the side panel fans after I bought my TRUE.

another thing is, how long does the motherboard 12v cable must be in order to connect to it's plug in a P5K Premium? (top left corner of the mobo)

I have a Enermax Liberty and I'm not sure my cables are long enough for this case..

You'll need your cables to be longer. On mine, the 8pin cable wouldn't reach, but the 4pin would (it is 500mm to the first connector, ~19.5"). So you'll need roughly 22-24" to make it properly. I know Performance PCs will custom build cables for the Enermax, or just get an extension as it will be hidden behind the mobo tray anyway.

The Kama fan bay is also an option if you don't need the HDD cage.

Pictures for clarification of the front panel connectors:
Picture030crop.png

Picture021crop.png

You can remove this plate to mod it or place it elsewhere but the spot it fits into on the front panel is not quite a full height for a 5.25" bay. So you can't put another 5.25" device in its place without cutting into part of the top panel (where the rivets are).

got a Coolermaster 590 case and are having problems with the fron case audio connections to my MSI P45 Neo3 motherboard.
Connected the cable which comes with my case to the connector on my motherboard.

But none of the 2 front connectors, Mic and Phone, work neither does the SW show any sign it senses the connection. The back side connectors on the motherboard do work like they should.

Both motherboard and case seems to be Intel HD Audio standard...

Any experience on this? Any ideas how to fix?

possibly you need to enable front panel connections in bios? perhaps an audio driver for it to work in an os?

Hate to bring an old thread back, but...

This case was a joy to use. I bought a Q9650, Abit IP35 pro ex, 9800gtx, 2xsata dvd writers, a 1tb HD, Silencer 750 (I did have to dremel the cable pass thru hole),4x1gb G.Skill bhz, Xigmatek S1283 HSF/backplate and 4 Zalman ZM-F3 fans. And my trusty Yamaha CRW-F1 ide drive.

Temps are great and currently running 9x450. Pretty quiet too. I replaced the front led fan with a zm-f3, the rear fan with another zm-f3, and the remaining 2 zm-f3s went into the top of the case. I was able to hide all of the unused cables behind the motherboard tray, and much of the cable I did use tucked behind the drive frame.

I like this case!

Back