new cooler for fx-8350

XeRo_Dark

Gawd
oc'd fx8350 @ 4.8-5ghz
considering moving it to liquid cooling since most air coolers are around the same price as a dedicated liquid cooler...

everyone keeps reccomending the coolermaster 212 evo
i had the v8 and the temps were lacking and not at all impressive around 65c-70c @ 4.8ghz under load plus i have to take my cover off my case cause the thing is huge

case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119265

will the evo fit in there? or should i just save my pennies and nickles for the corsair h100 liquid cpu cooler.
if i do go with the h100 will my 750w psu be enough to power it ive heard its somewhat power hungry

roflmao just put the stock cooler and @4.3 ghz im getting better temps than the v8. 40-45c what a piece of ****

Last edited:
Get a kuhler 620 ($49 if you have a microcenter close). Using one on an 8350, love it.

The 212 Evo is a great cooler. I run mine with a push pull config on the fans with the 8350 but I never OC past 4.6. Never even see the temps get past 62-64 even with heavy gaming and a very hot day.

The 212 Evo is a great air cooler, I've really enjoyed mine so far. I don't think your temps will be lower then what your V8 cooler was able to do, they may be a couple degree's higher. However the 212 may fit in your case better. The AIO coolers are pretty decent, my brother has an H100 on his 8350 and he seems to like it. He had a 212 before, I'll point him here and let him add his experience.
You can't beat a custom loop. If you really want the best cooling, just save up until you can put a small loop together.

Last edited:
Back