New Construction Complex

Dawizman

Gawd
Here are a few pictures of the communications rooms of a construction complex I just wrapped up. They are just a couple pics of the completed racks minus the cable managers (still waiting for them to come in) and the switches (provided and installed by customers IT dept). 416 total drops; 200 in on one side and 216 on the other side. My co-worker did all the work in room #1 (The first two pics) and I did room #2. Took three of us two weeks in total to do cable rough in, terminations and certifications. We ran approximately 65,000ft of Cat 5e in this complex.

Back of rack in room #1

Front of rack in room #1

Back of rack in room #2

Front of rack in room #2

Looks good. Im glad im not you, lol. I had a tough enough time with the 4 patch panels I did... still got like 6 more to go for phones though...

who makes that relay rack? A client of mine has a very similar rack. The rack they use is a VERY heavy duty one from what i saw, i mean it really feels solid.

I use to use leviton very expensive tho sometimes hard to sell.

Have you used the Quickport version? We used a version from Lanshack, coupled with Monoprice Keystone and it worked great, very quick for a redo of a previous IT.

I use the ones from monoprice... lol, last time i'll use them. I used to use the ones from NewEgg then saw monoprice sold em... the ones from newegg are good, monoprice... well good but the wires don't stay in until you punch em down

I use the ones from monoprice... lol, last time i'll use them. I used to use the ones from NewEgg then saw monoprice sold em... the ones from newegg are good, monoprice... well good but the wires don't stay in until you punch em down

The rack is made by Middle Atlantic. The leviton patch panels arent too bad in price either. We buy them for about $85 a piece, and in my experience you just cannot argue with quality.

I would highly recommend to anyone who does a lot of network terminations to go pick up a Fluke JackRapid for whatever brand of jacks you use. This tool has saved us so much time and effort, that I can't believe we didn't get one sooner. Seriously, go check it out right now!

Jackrapid...one of the best tools I have ever bought. I can term a Leviton jack in no time.
Props for Middle Atlantic, I use a lot of their sound racks and stuff.

Back