New Conroe Quad SLI Build Complete

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
Just spent the morning building my new system.

Conroe E6600 OEM
Scythe Ninja
ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Socket
Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 PC2 6400 4-4-4-12
2 x eVGA 7950X2's, Quad SLI
Silverstone SST-ST75ZF 750W
Lian-Li 2000 Plus 2 Black
2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB
Western Digital Raptor 150Gig
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1
Plextor 716a
Plextor Premium 52x
Windows XP Home SP2
Misc 80mm fans for the Lian Li that has a few spots that needed 'em
New manual control 120mm, 2500 rpm for the Ninja
Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB Flash Drive ( This is super fast, 35meg a sec ) 200x
3 x Okgear sata cables, 24"
Other small misc stuff.

have just a little under $3,000 into the new system

Should be able to get about $2500 out of it even after Direct X 10 cards come out

Got the conroe at 3.6GHz, so far so good. A little faster than my older E6800 system

Did a few benchmarks and ... needless to say, crazy ass scores.

Will update later.

Sold my digital camera awhile back, also picked up a new digital camera, the Canon S3-IS along with a 4gig SD ritek pro card, 150x, I took a ton of pics but too lazy to put them up. I will have pics and scores this weekend or monday at the latest.

Man i am soooooo Jealoused , man you have got one bad assed system there.

I am going to buy quad after a year , will have to do with one 7950 XXX for the time. But the truth is the 7950 especially the quad is for people who have a 21" and plus monitors.

I have a 21" monitor and its just right the one 7950 with a E6600 also i hope to see better programming of games in the future so i can see more out of my card, things are getting better every two months with the updated drivers and hopefully it will become more efficient with games making the most of each core , especially of the Core 2 duo.

Nope, E6800 system is gone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...20013372283&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1

Honestly, it's a really bad time to buy these 7950X2's ...

The new video cards, directx 10 stuff will be out VERY soon, we should see details within 45 days, and the actual cards this fall.

But, I sell a lot of high end systems and I know for a fact I can sell this system anytime I want within 6 months and get at the very least 2500 dollars if not 100 or 150 more. People will cream all over for a Quad SLI beast like this. Just take that 2500 - 2600, throw in another grand and I will be back up to speed with a 590 board, new directx 10 video, Windows Visita maybe, e6600 or e6700, etc

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How did you get the p5n32-d to a 400mhz FSB? I thought the nforce4s topped out much lower, and the nforce5's aren't out yet?

How hot is your E6600 running with the Ninja? Also, do you use the fan (I'm assuming you do, considering the OC), and if so, what RPM/Voltage?

I'm going to be running the E6600 with the Ninja at a modest OC, and I want to get an idea of what kind of temps I can expect.

WATYF

Yeah, Question. How did you get that Nforce4 to do that high FSB and can you post a CPUZ?

Sorry, typo, I exchanged the 6600 for a 6700 after microcenter dropped the price, plus I am dead ass tired. Couldn't sleep last night very well.

I will have a bevey of pictures soon

Also rounded up, but do th stabilty issues, score is much lower now.

pictures ... soon

So with a 6700 you got your nf4 to hit a 360Mhz FSB? That's not too shabby, I thought they capped much lower.

I've been looking all over for these ASUS P5N32-SLI SE reviews, where are they ?

Sucks that Asus doesn't even have a link to this board on their web site

Back