New computer

Hey, I'm building a new computer and I need some tips.I play CoD2 ALOT and I need parts that would help my performance in that. Can you guys give me suggestions on what I should buy? (e.x. motherboard, video card, sound card) Thanks ^^ :D

Well, it all depends on your budget. I could reccomend you a system with an FX-60, 2 x 7800GTX512MBs, 4GB of RAM(or 2GB if you want to run at 2T), an ASUS A8N32-SLi board, etc., but that would cost several thousand dollars.

AH! I did some reading and I found out that if you have 2 video cards, it ups the preformance.... right? Does that mean I should get 2 7900GT's or should I go with the 7800GTX's? :confused:

I believe the 7900GT is supposed to have similar performance to the 7800GTX, but I'm not sure whether it meant the 256MB or 512MB GTX. Getting two 7900GTs would be the most cost-effective solution, since it would cost less than two 7800GTXs and would perform at around the same level. You would also need an SLi-capable motherboard to go with the two video cards. You still haven't told me what your budget is though, without knowing that I can't really reccomend something completely appropriate.

Almost as important as the budget is knowing the system you'e got right now. This not only puts all the upgrades in context but it also lets everyone know if there's anything worth saving.

Back