New Christmas Stuff, need help with overclock on 6800 GT

[Tripod]MajorPayne

Supreme [H]ardness
I got a 3.2 E, a Gig of PDP performance RAM, a Thermaltake Pipe101 w/ fan and a 6800 GT for christmas. I'm VERY satisified with everything, except I notice that the text on the GT does become blurry, although only a little bit and only at 75 Hz refresh rate. It's fine at 60 hz.

Now, of course, I want to O/C my GT. It runs at 48C on the core at 370/1000 (BFG Stock).

Can I get 400/1050 or 1100 out of it? It has the dual fan cooler.

Also, what driver would be best? I have the default ones from the CD, and I don't think that will cut it.

Although on the hot side for some, I got mine running at 415/1080 on the stock dual fan cooler at 65C idle and 82C under load. It was completely stable at that speed though with no throttling. I could go as high as 423/1140, but the temps shot up to almost 90C under load but still no signs of throttling, just really hot.

I replaced it with a NV5 Silencer, and it hasn't changed my overclock, I still run 415/1080 but the temps are about 5-6C cooler and the system is quieter. I did notice however that at 420/1100 that even with my nv5 that after about 2 hours of playing hl2, it will artifact, I suspect my memory can't handle that speed for too long.

As always with overclocking though, results may vary.

Yeah, I always take into account that not all cards will overclock exactly the same way.

Thanks for the info!

Back