New Case from Lian Li - the PC-9F

Thx! Anyone know where i can get a smaller HD cage? thinking of removing the large one to improve airflow & accommodate larger sized vid cards. =)

If you're not using all 5" bays, Lian Li sells converter kits. Not sure where to buy them in the US, though.

llex23na-big.jpg

Actually that one requires 3x5.25 bays. The EX-23 holds 3x3.5 but takes up 2x5.25 bays (have an optical drive).

Hmm. Can any of those be mounted exactly where the stock HDD cage goes? Is there a shorter version of the stock one? Cheers

UPDATE: Just finished rewiring and cleaning it up. Cable management is a bitch! lots of images (sorry if its too long!)

Before:
vSIvyl.jpg

t20mnl.jpg

During & After:
LT8Ull.jpg

r5LH1l.jpg

mYrHol.jpg

vd4qil.jpg

H7vnrl.jpg

kWteJl.jpg

D83QUl.jpg

32FYJl.jpg

IFrt2l.jpg

nhUvcl.jpg

0ZBP8l.jpg

fMHJUl.jpg

RpVLxl.jpg

Last edited:
picture.php

here is mine! I posted a picture before, but now it is black and watercooled!

Anyway, still much to do as you can see ^^

I said to myself I would not light up my build. Funny how people do things they said they would never do again!

I like LED lighting. Cold Cathodes are out for me:D

1CVr43l.jpg
2GRSskl.jpg
4KNk86l.jpg
50Kvy0l.jpg
6WhWhRl.jpg
7RdHL4l.jpg
8kEWryl.jpg
9BhYPOl.jpg
10C85Zcl.jpg
11MX5COl.jpg
129ZglBl.jpg
13QmgHVl.jpg

Now all that's left to do is for me to get rid of that fugly Asus SLI bridge..

Last edited:
Not a fan of the orange sleeved cables or the way you've routed them...would look better with normal cables imo.

Not a fan of the orange sleeved cables or the way you've routed them...would look better with normal cables imo.

What normal color cables would you use? Had normal black cables, looked too plain & dull to me though =/ which way would you have routed them anyway? Dont have much space behind the mobo tray for extra cable length with this case unfortunately.

Last edited:
Got one. Upside down, but still at least its black. Lucked out I guess. The one sent to me was the exact length of the Asus bridge = )
7f7MZl.jpg
VS
BhYPOl.jpg

Nothing too extraordinary. I removed the stock drive rack and its base and replaced it with the rack from a Lian-Li EX-33A3. This really freed up airflow and allows the unit to operate with the case and CPU fans at an essentially-silent ~650 RPM under non-gaming loads.

Also done
- Cut the power cables to size and relocated the SATA power connectors.
- Some inexpensive foam noise insulation (Silverstone, IIRC) was added to the top and side panels.
- Replaced the stock fans with Scythe PWM units.

Profile shot:
MNZRM.jpg

Close-up of the replacement rack. Note the brace on the side and the modified power cable:
76O90.jpg

I have already posted some pictures of my case, but it changes a lot since then!
I'm modding a little bit the case to integrate a full watercooling system.
Here is a picture of the case with my first wc integration and the inside of the case painted in black :)

picture.php

You can follow it here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=228161
And I'll put you the pictures when it is done (let's say in about 2 years? xD)

Back