New Carmageddon in the works?

What's with the devs recently? "We can't make anything good that is new, so lets ressurect the old crap games and make money on them"?... first Duke, now this. What's next?

Sheesh, some things should stay dead and buried.

Holy shit, that would be awesome! I LOVED that game back in the day! Hell, if they just remade it in a new engine (updated graphics and sound) they could leave the rest alone.

Wow please please please be good!!!

12 days, Carmageddon 3 announcement wee

OP, how did you find out about this?

What's with the devs recently? "We can't make anything good that is new, so lets ressurect the old crap games and make money on them"?... first Duke, now this. What's next?

It's the same way with the movie industry.

I played some Carmageddon 2 a few weeks ago just for some nostalgic fun. As long as the new one is like Carma 2 and not TDR 2000 then I'll be super happy. :cool:

Hope they'll put good music in it. The music made up a good portion of Carma 2's fun for me. It fit so well

tananana nanana nanana na na na...... TA NA NA NA NA

Dukes not old made new again project. Dukes just old, which is finally coming out.

It was a project that never got finished, and is now finally being polished, finished and released.

Hejust....jizzed...in...HISPANTS.jpg

So hyped for this.
I keep an old win98se machine around just for Carmageddon 1/2(ok, and for Recoil too).

I agree.
As long as it doesnt mimic TDR (or the newer games like Clutch, Blur, Split Second), then I will be a very happy camper.
:)

yup, make it like carmageddon 2..... but with better driving physics....

no, im not asking for simulation physics, obviously.... but as a driving game, carma 1/2 were horrible... they can definitely improve on that...

but overall, holy shit, carmageddon 2 especially was freaking amazing...

yup, make it like carmageddon 2..... but with better driving physics....

no, im not asking for simulation physics, obviously.... but as a driving game, carma 1/2 were horrible... they can definitely improve on that...

but overall, holy shit, carmageddon 2 especially was freaking amazing...

Best thing IMO about C2 was the car damage, You will be hard pressed to find car damage that good even by todays standards. I used play the game just to see how bad i could fuck up my car without totally destroying it. Good times :D

I'm excited to see the ped gib physics :D

Would be cool if they could use GTA 4 ped physics but with dismemberment... Oh yeaahh

Duke Nukem wasn't really ressurected. Gearbox bought the franchise from 3D Realms and also bought the work they had finished on DNF and are finishing it. The franchise never technically died, they just spent 14 years working on it. Better examples would be Deus Ex or Thief.

I can't wait for this! I played the Carmageddon series a lot. I even played the hell out of TDR2000.

holy SHIT this gets me so excited!!

I need to dig up that Fear Factory disc....such great music for the first Carmageddon.

I guess we'll find out more in just over a week.

holy SHIT this gets me so excited!!

I need to dig up that Fear Factory disc....such great music for the first Carmageddon.

I guess we'll find out more in just over a week.

Hell yeah! Best game soundtrack ever! Followed by Quake :)

Carmageddon was the first 3D accelerated game I ever played with 3DFX glide. On a 6mb Canopus Pure3D. It was fecking amazing!

I remember the glorious moments, mowing down peds on the beach and power sliding into a team of football players in the stadium... Good times :D :cool:

And the moment I was finally able to "Steal" the cop car!

Might have to bust out an emulator/glide wrapper and get my nostalgia on!

you're the minority.

Duke wasn't a revival of a dead franchise, as stated.
Just a game that finally got finished.

and fuck yeah Carmageddon!

I don't care about IP, new IP, etc. Just give me a game that I can enjoy.
Same with movies; who cares if it's old rehashed IP. As long as it's enjoyable, I couldn't care less.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted that title in every one of the wish they would remake X threads.

I played 1 and 2 and played and played and played.
Hope they forget the 2000 pos

give me a full remake of 1 and 2 HI RES graphics and I will buy it.
they don't have to change anything else.
Don't make it into something it was not.

of course in this dumb ass country give it a week and some idiot will be driving thru walmart......RACKING UP THE POINTS

give me a full remake of 1 and 2 HI RES graphics and I will buy it.
they don't have to change anything else.
Don't make it into something it was not.

Yep.
I would buy that also.
:D

Awesome! Carmageddon occupied numerous hours of my life. If this is a remake then I hope it is just as good as the original.

amen j-sta.
There are so many good games sitting because no one wants to redo them.
Don't know how much work is involved but just the graphics need updating.
THEY DONT NEED FIXING!

on the page all I want to read is REMAKE just like the original only the graphics were redone.

If I see zombie levels and oh yea we have redone everything for the console version so you know mom will like it
I will have to email them and tell them where to stick it

and no moron I don't want cracked glass every time I breathe like that pos 2000 version.

has anyone tried carmageddon on dosbox?
How to install?

Last edited:
amen j-sta.
There are so many good games sitting because no one wants to redo them.
Don't know how much work is involved but just the graphics need updating.
THEY DONT NEED FIXING!

on the page all I want to read is REMAKE just like the original only the graphics were redone.

If I see zombie levels and oh yea we have redone everything for the console version so you know mom will like it
I will have to email them and tell them where to stick it

and no moron I don't want cracked glass every time I breathe like that pos 2000 version.

has anyone tried carmageddon on dosbox?
How to install?

Yes!

This thread made me resurrect both Carmageddon 1 & 2 and I have them both running under Windows 7 64bit, near perfectly!

Carma 1 needs DosBox of course, but Carma 2 will run under Win 7 with the XP patch.

Carmageddon 1 Guide:

What you will need:

• Some DosBox build with glide support, I suggest to use Taewoong’s build from HIS SITE.

• nGlide glide wrapper. (Currently the best recommended for Carmageddon)

• Original CD or backup images of Carmageddon.
How to make it work:

Install nGlide, run configurator from "Start menu -> All programs -> nGlide" and set resolution to native resolution of your monitor.

Extract downloaded DosBox to some folder and open "dosbox.conf" in notepad (or other simple text editor).

Here you need to make few changes to make Carmageddon run at full details.

First you need to find line with "memsize=16" in [dosbox] section and change it to "memsize=63". (Dont go higher than this number).

Then find [glide] section (near the end) and make sure that glide is set to true (should be that way by default).

And last is the [autoexec] section where you need to put these two lines

mount C [drive:\Game ROOT path you wish to install Carmageddon]
mount D [cdrom:\]

Save and close dosbox.conf

Delete glide2x.dll in the DosBox directory so DosBox will use nGlide.

Now you can run dosbox and install Carmageddon by running dosinst.bat from d:\(inside dosbox).

Install to default folder, select full installation and in the sound setup at the end select autodetection.

Exit setup and browse to install directory.

Run "3dfx.exe"

UPDATE: Pro-tip! Download the Voodoo 2 Alpha patch and run "voodo2c.exe -vrush" to restore the missing models in the damage gallery, the mini-view in map mode "tab" and the portrait in cockpit mode "c".

PROFIT!

Note: You're going to need a fairly decent rig to get Carmageddon to run at playable framerates under DosBox.

Carmageddon 2 Guide:

Install Carmageddon 2 from CD or backup image.

Download the XP patch HERE

Set any launch options (Recommend you use 3DFX [nGlide] for high resolutions)

Replace the original file with the one in the archive.

Change the compatibility settings for this file to "Windows XP SP3"

Run in 640 x 480 (nGlide will over-ride this in-game).

Do not use the launcher to run the game or you will not have any sound. You must create a shortcut to the file you replaced.

Run game... Carnage!

Last edited:
Back