New cards from NVIDIA, when?

Rhialto

Gawd
It's been a few weeks that I'm looking at the 560 Ti and after last month computer upgrade, I would be ready for a graphic card upgrade. The fact we will get Batman Arkham City for free also weight in for an imminent buy.

Just curious when NVIDIA should start discussing new GPU. I know the 560 Ti is from the second batch of Fermi and there is usually 2 batch before a completly new GPU is introduced so I guess I should not expect a kind of 3rd revision of the current one, right?

Not to sound impolite but there quite a lot of these threads appearing...

Nvidia has officially announced their cards for early 2012 (and AMD's cards most probably end of 2011).

Haven't seen any in 1st page but thanks I'll dig a little more. Looks like I'll go ahead and order soon.

You should be fine ordering a GTX560 ti for now.
the new cards will likely replace the 570 and 580 price point. We're in for a good 6 - 8 months before the 560 is replaced with a new GPU.

Either way, there are few games that even give a 560 a hard time, so you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

What a screw job! All these great fall games but the cards don't come out until Spring at the earliest?

S[H]ady;1037729583 said:
You should be fine ordering a GTX560 ti for now.
the new cards will likely replace the 570 and 580 price point. We're in for a good 6 - 8 months before the 560 is replaced with a new GPU.

Either way, there are few games that even give a 560 a hard time, so you shouldnt have anything to worry about.
Thanks, I just went with a HAWK. I thought I would receive it today but looks like they missed the last part of the process. %$:mad:%"&

What a screw job! All these great fall games but the cards don't come out until Spring at the earliest?

get a 580 then?
the top tier cards should have no issue with games coming out this fall

Troll go home.
img.php

From this, even with 95% SLI scaling, you're looking at an average of about 70fps and a minimum of around 50-55 with two GTX580s (at 2560x1600) That scaling is optimistic, and the benchmark says nothing about whether they're using AA or not.

From this, even with 95% SLI scaling, you're looking at an average of about 70fps and a minimum of around 50-55 with two GTX580s (at 2560x1600) That scaling is optimistic, and the benchmark says nothing about whether they're using AA or not.

Man that benchmark is getting thrown around too much, especially when we don't even know the settings it's being run at. Perhaps the alpha does not offer AA options in game?

Well it's being thrown around because it's all we have to go on at the moment, I've not seen anything else. I always say to take it lightly because of the limitations of an alpha client benchmark.

Why not? BF3's got console graphics at best.... my 2 580's will rip it a new one.
Minus the part where the PC version has over 9000x more dynamic lighting whereas most of that's replaced with static lighting in the console versions. But yeah, that doesn't make any kind of performance or IQ difference, especially for a game with destructible environments -_-

@Alpha: Can't really judge performance from it at all. The alpha was missing a lot both in terms of graphical features and optimizations. It was a proper alpha (as the sandbag textures adequately conveyed).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if max settings on a GTX 580 weren't just slightly out of comfortable reach. It's all going to depend on how DICE configures the graphical presets they make available to us for the engine, as the inherent tech backing their engine could easily stop modern graphics cards in their tracks like Crysis Very High did when it released. My impression is that they'll favor conservatism on that front since they've already said dual GTX 580s will be plenty and while I don't agree that future-proofing is an inherently bad idea, Crysis's perceived backlash because of it has put a lot of developers off from even coming close to such when they can avoid it.

I'm anticipating a GTX580 to be adequate for 1920x1200, but not quite enough for a fluid 60fps throughout, which many people will desire. For 2560x1600 I'd expect two GTX580s to be borderline sufficient. For 3x1080p setups I'd probably hazard a guess at 3xGTX580 or 3xHD6970 being about the requisite to get a decent frame rate. 3x1600p at a decent frame rate I'd imagine will have to wait for 28nm multi-GPU setups

Back