New build wont boot - ASRock X370 Killer + Ryzen 5 2600

Overblod

Limp Gawd
Put everything together, pressed the power button and nothing. Since then took everything out, SSD, Video card, keyboard Mouse, front panel, you name it, now I have just CPU and RAM, still wont boot. The RBG light under northbridge or whatever keeps blinking and that's it, even the fan wont spin no LED light up . I have made double, triple sure that pain power and cpu power cable are secure. PSU was working on another system about 4 months back...

Veteran PC builder, at least 2 builds a year, however AMD, probably building after 15 years...Bad mobo or Ram? any other idea???

1. What BIOS version did your board ship with/what's the mfg date on that? If it's an old BIOS version, those probably don't support the 2nd generation Ryzen parts... Will need a BIOS flash.
[A320/B350/X370 launched with the Ryzen 1xxx CPUs]

2. If BIOS is up to date, try one RAM stick in the right slot.

I'm guessing it's probably #1 before anything else. If that is the case, this may help you (see last paragraph about short term cpu loan/bootkit)

Last edited:
Not sure how to look up the mfg date or bios version... but I bought it as a combo from Newegg so I doubt it would be unsupported...

RAM is new (to me) will definitely try different slot, older tested working modules...

According to ASROCK, there should be a sticker on the BIOS chip with the correct BIOS version.

Also, your CPU should be supported since version P4.6
*this assumes I got the motherboard sku correct

If the BIOS versions are newer, then the problem likely lies elsewhere.

Do you have the 4+4 EPS for the CPU plugged in? Is it plugged in the correct way?

I say bios, we build 15-20 PC's a month and we get the "ever so often" mobo that has an old bios on it and we have to flash it.

So after some research on Newegg found that as per ASRock if they have updated bios then there will be a sticker on the box saying something on the lines of 2000 series compatible, which my box has.

Didn't get time to try with different memory, but I am thinking it's doa mobo, it does have pretty bad review on Newegg...

Back