New build, turns on but nothing comes on screen and there is orange mobo light that is supposedly telling me something.

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
It is no luck. I tried to clean the slots but it didn't help. I also updated the BIOS to the latest version. No Go. The RAM slots are just dead. I'm letting him return the board. Thanks for all the help.

motqalden

[H]ard|DCOTM x5
It should in theory work in either gray or black channels, but some board are picky with what slots work when only 2 of 4 are populated. The manual reccomends the gray slots for 2 dims.

Screenshot_20220728-095216_Drive.jpg

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
It should in theory work in either gray or black channels, but some board are picky with what slots work when only 2 of 4 are populated. The manual reccomends the gray slots for 2 dims.

View attachment 495830
Yeah I know. If things were okay, it should have just worked the very first time I installed it (In the black slots) but it didn't, hence this whole thread. I put the mobo serial number in asus support website and it still has two years warranty although my friend has had it for about a year which is nice. I think it came with 3 years warranty. How is the RMA process with ASUS? Haven't done it myself before. Smooth and seamless?

motqalden

[H]ard|DCOTM x5
How is the RMA process with ASUS? Haven't done it myself before. Smooth and seamless?

Some people say asus rma support sucks. I have not had recent experience withthem but there has been threads complaining about it in the past that i recall.