New build, power will not come on, assistance needed

Chombo

2[H]4U
Hey all,
Its been a while since I last posted. A new job and probably a year later. Anyway I am building a new rig and I have come across a really big problem. The power will not come on.

At this point I have the PSU connected to the motherboard at both the 24pin and then the 12v rail securely. The motherboard has the memory fully seated to the motherboard. The CPU fan and CPU are both securely plugged into the mobo. Nothing else is plugged in. Attempts to start using the case's switch fail to start the power. I removed the mobo from the case and attempted to jump the power via screwdriver which also failed to work. The PSU is plugged in and the switches are in the correct positions. I swapped PSUs with a known working PSU, which also did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Do you have a PSU tester? - Your best bet is to try the PSU in another machine and make sure it is working. Otherwise, I'd suspect the motherboard...it is one of those two surely.

What components are you talking about?

The machine in your Sig?

Or is this a guessing game? :D

Motherboard is a Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
PSU is a Raidmax RX-630SS

I do not have a PSU tester. I will try the new PSU in an older computer to see if that is the case.

Update: New PSU turns on in old computer.

Update 2: I think its the power cord, doing more testing.

It was the power cord, boot sequence initiated! Its usually a horse rarely a zebra.

Last edited:
Back