new build, power supply question

mystic demon

Limp Gawd
Hey all its been awhile since I've had to build a new rig so i just wanted to make sure my power supply is still adequate or not. My power supply is the ocz gamexstream 600w. I dont plan to overclock or anything like that either. My new build consists of the following:

ASUS P5E-VM HDMI LGA 775 Intel G35 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E7200
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
radeon x1900xt
2 hdds and a dvd burner.

thanks for your help everyone

Should be fine. Just don't add a ton of drives, a quad-core CPU or high-end video card or any sort of upgrade that will require 500W of power or so. The GameXStream PSU is based off the FSP Episilon PSU design which has out of spec ripple, or voltage fluctuations, that can damage or kill your system at around 500W or more.

yea i happened to read that before i posted this thread so i just wanted to double check. At most i'll add one more hdd but im not sure on that. Its a shame as when i first bought the psu i read nothing but great reviews on it and now im reading stuff about how its flawed.

yea i happened to read that before i posted this thread so i just wanted to double check. At most i'll add one more hdd but im not sure on that. Its a shame as when i first bought the psu i read nothing but great reviews on it and now im reading stuff about how its flawed.

Another two hard drives won't hurt.

Alright thanks for your help. Do you happen to have any suggestions on a good quality psu for a possible upgrade and wont hurt the wallet to much?

Back