New build pics! 9800gx2s

K9A2 Platinum, PII 710 X3, 2gb ram, 3x 9800gx2, corsair 850W, Antec Carton-box GTX case

pdr1517.jpg

pdr1511.jpg

pdr1513.jpg

pdr1525.jpg

The middle card is the one at 100C. A bit hot, hopefully naked it will go down to 90C. 100C sounds risky. Don't know where the 68C reading is from, it's high if it's the motherboard...

pdr1531.jpg

punts.png

To-do list:
Remove 9800gx2 heatsinks
Add in the 9800gtx (hopefully 850W is enough)
Overclock the gx2s
Add VM folding for 2 cores of the PII 710
Next up is 8800gs build :)

Nice, pics! (WTB more threads like this :p)

Yeah, those temps are a little scary heh, like to see the GTX in there, etc!

the 68C one is probably your chipset temp.. temp 2 is your system temp..

68C sounds about right for how many cards you have.. when i put my 8800GT under full load my 780g chipset goes from 38C to 45C.. since the chipset controls the HT link between all the cards and the cpu..

dont worry though 68C isnt shit with those chipsets.. they can easily handle 100C no problem..

the temps should go down considerably if you can get a fan some where near the MSI cooling loop..

Damn sexy if I may say so.

Naked vids cards are a sight to behold.

Middle card is always a pain to keep cool.

Nice pics though :D

Wow nice build! Time for a massive water cooling loop! :)
hehe that would be fun but expensive, I'd rather put that cash towards another build :)

Can I ask what you got your GX2 cards bought for?
2@ CDN$165, 1@ CND$190 on random FS forums.

I'm missing 2 6pin pcie connectors, and some sort of pliers to remove the heatsink for the9800gx2s so I went ahead and finished the P6N Diamond 8800gs build. One 9600gso is detected as PCI device, so I inserted a 9800gtx for now. 5200ppd/2500/2500

pdr1534.jpg

pdr1536.jpg

I also powered back on my server, I just have one 120mm fan left, it seems just one is enough airflow
pdr1538.jpg

Wow very nice Looks exactly like my build except mine isn't naked or running right now. (I got a powerbill for $650) Sadly all my stuff is down until winter because keeping it cool in 100 degree heat isn't viable for me right now:( but here's to you kicking ass!!!

Wow very nice Looks exactly like my build except mine isn't naked or running right now. (I got a powerbill for $650) Sadly all my stuff is down until winter because keeping it cool in 100 degree heat isn't viable for me right now:( but here's to you kicking ass!!!

get rid of the electric stove.. drier.. washer.. and quit using the microwave.. should save you atleast 200 bucks.. :p

get rid of the electric stove.. drier.. washer.. and quit using the microwave.. should save you atleast 200 bucks.. :p

Only thing electric we had was the fridge :eek: stopped folding turned of the AC(small ac unit used to cool computer room due to excessive heat) and bill dropped over 300 bucks the next month... -_-
I was gone half of this month so I even had my main rig completely down + all the monitors for over 10 days.

I do miss folding so it will come back but california has a nasty tiered electrical rate scheme where when you are tier 5 (which half the month was that for me) the rate over double's from tier 1! :rolleyes:

Only thing electric we had was the fridge :eek: stopped folding turned of the AC(small ac unit used to cool computer room due to excessive heat) and bill dropped over 300 bucks the next month... -_-
I was gone half of this month so I even had my main rig completely down + all the monitors for over 10 days.

I do miss folding so it will come back but california has a nasty tiered electrical rate scheme where when you are tier 5 (which half the month was that for me) the rate over double's from tier 1! :rolleyes:

thats nuts.. because i run 3 systems and 6 laptops 24/7.. only 2 of the laptops are at full load the entire time though.. pulling over 1700 watts total.. plus my dad running the AC 24/7 and 2 big LCD tv's that are on atleast 16 hours a day.. and i think our bill is only 300 a month.. but everything we have runs off gas.. so thats another 125 dollars added to the bill.. but my next project is creating a home made solar array in my backyard.. hopefully it will be good enough to run my DC rigs during the summer..

What's up with people and their $600+ power bills? Mine never goes past like $120-160 heh... there've been times where it's only $80. I suppose I only have one 9800GTX folding about 12hours a day, but man.

thats just the main computer room lol there are like 5 laptops and another desktop as well. I have thought about selling or giving away my cards but I know I would kick myself in sep/october if I did that.

Wow, I'm not sure if electricity is cheap by me or what, but since I've started folding 24/7 my electric bill has only gone up by $4USD a month. Given that my system uses nowhere near the amount of power that some of you guys are pushing, it's still not bad for my sig rig :)

Back