New Build, not booting

Rrubrig

n00b
Afternoon

Just finished putting together my newest build. It is showing no signs of life at all. I will list the components below. I have verified a working outlet, working cables. Made sure power cord is seated into the PSU, Reseated the video card unplugged and replugged the CPU power and Mboard power, tried jumping the board in case the switch is bad. Thought I would throw this out here before I start yanking components. All my other systems are intel so I will not be able to replace the CPU or Mboard with a known good model. I have also pulled everything but the CPU and cooler and disconnected everything but the 8 and 24 pins and have the same result.

Ryzen 2600
MSI B450m Gaming plus
2 x 8 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR 3000 Ram
Asrock Phantom D RX580 8gb
Coolermaster masterwatt 650 PSU
Adata SU 655 SSD

Hopefully this is just a stupid error on my part but having looked this over for the last 30 minutes that is becoming more remote of a possibility. If I cannot figure this out tonight I will start swapping known good GPU, Ram and PSU tomorrow.

Thank you

No lights or power at all? Don't take offense to this, but have you hit the rocker switch on the PSU by accident?
If not try jumping the PSU with a paperclip by disconnecting the PSU from everything including the wall socket, making sure the rocker switch is in the O position, than hook a fan or HDD up to it, next take a paperclip and insert one end into the green wire of the 24-pin cable (4th from the left, with the retaining clip on top). Insert the other end into any black one.

Plug the PSU into the wall (making sure the paperclip isn't touching anything metal or flesh) than flip the rocker switch and see if the fans start up or not.

Or if you have another PSU, try that. I have seen PSU's that could be jumped but not work when connected to a mobo due to a bad power good signal.

If you pull the board out will it post on a cardboard box or something like that?

No lights or power at all? Don't take offense to this, but have you hit the rocker switch on the PSU by accident?
If not try jumping the PSU with a paperclip by disconnecting the PSU from everything including the wall socket, making sure the rocker switch is in the O position, than hook a fan or HDD up to it, next take a paperclip and insert one end into the green wire of the 24-pin cable (4th from the left, with the retaining clip on top). Insert the other end into any black one.

Plug the PSU into the wall (making sure the paperclip isn't touching anything metal or flesh) than flip the rocker switch and see if the fans start up or not.

Or if you have another PSU, try that. I have seen PSU's that could be jumped but not work when connected to a mobo due to a bad power good signal.

No offense taken. Verified the switch, I just hooked up a fan and jumpered the 24 pin and got the fan to spin so now I am quite confused. I was betting on a bad PSU, may just have to swap the one known good one I have

The system is on the motherboard box right now, I should have clarified that in the original post

No offense taken. Verified the switch, I just hooked up a fan and jumpered the 24 pin and got the fan to spin so now I am quite confused. I was betting on a bad PSU, may just have to swap the one known good one I have

The system is on the motherboard box right now, I should have clarified that in the original post

Yeah that's what I would try next.

Ok, Replaced PSU with a known good unit. Did not change, board appears totally unresponsive. I plugged the new PSU into a known good system and it powered on

Are you using the power button directly? or have you tried using the power switch on the mobo itself/jumping the connector?

Are you using the power button directly? or have you tried using the power switch on the mobo itself/jumping the connector?

Both the switch and jumpered the connector, Also replaced switch with a known good one and same result

Both the switch and jumpered the connector, Also replaced switch with a known good one and same result
Just wanted to check, I had a guy thats system sounded similar, transposed the +/- on the power switch connector and it started right up.

Just wanted to check, I had a guy thats system sounded similar, transposed the +/- on the power switch connector and it started right up.

That shouldn't make a difference all it is doing is completing a circuit by pressing the switch it should go in either direction.

That shouldn't make a difference all it is doing is completing a circuit by pressing the switch it should go in either direction.

Ya. The +/- only matters for LED's. Where they won't work if it's the wrong way. The actual power/reset switches don't care.

Sounds like a bad board, that said, try re-seating the CPU in the socket, and give it a try anyway before you return it, given you're going to be taking it out anyway!

It shouldn’t but thats exactly what fixed it, it was the only thing changed. Perhaps the case switch itself was Omni directional even if the pins are uni.

Back