New Build: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3P not displaying

Carv

[H]ard|Gawd
I just finished building the system for a friend of mine, and when I turn it on it doesn't display anything on the monitor.

The specs are:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3P
CPU: i5-760
Vid Card: EVGA GTX-460 Fermi
HDD: Velociraptor 150GB
PSU: Corsair 650TX
Fan/Heatsink: Cooler Master Vortex Plus

At first I noticed that when I turned on the computer the CPU Fan moved to start to spin but would just stop. So I plugged it into one of the ports for a system fan, booted and the fan spun fine, but no display on the monitor. I checked the video card, reseated it made sure the 6-pin connectors were both on properly, booted the system and still no display. So I took the card out, and put in an older card from another machine that I know works, booted the system and still nothing on the monitor, it just goes into standby. Now funny thing about the CPU_Fan port on the mobo is that if I connect any regular 3-pin fan it'll power the fan without a problem, but when connecting the 4-pin CPU fan that that's supposed to go there it wont spin.

I dont know what it could be honestly, could it be the PCI-Ex16 port on the mobo came defective?

It could be that you're using a CPU that isn't supported with the BIOS supplied on the board. According to the Gigabyte website, it has to be flashed to F8 to support the i5 760.

It could also be that you don't have the memory in the right DIMM slots. From the manual, make sure they are in the white slots (DDR3_1 and DDR3_3).

It could also be that you don't have the memory in the right DIMM slots. From the manual, make sure they are in the white slots (DDR3_1 and DDR3_3).

You hit the nail on the head. This was the issue, the two modules were in the blue slots instead, I moved them to the white ones and it boots perfectly.

Thank YOU!

Say, I just picked up this same motherboard for a new build, (i7-875k) can you tell me, within the BIOS is there any parameter that allows you to adjust the multiplier, per core as far as turbo mode goes? The following URL is for an Asus MB, thanks

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s1n3eTl-0g, 2:52

Back