New build because what else am I gonna do?

So over the years I have accumulated a good deal of pc parts.
IMG_2488.JPG
I am proud of my current build and overall setup.
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG
For the first time I have enough parts to build a complete second hardline system. I bought a 27 inch MSI gaming monitor and a Lian Li lancool 2 case, that I am very impressed with, and plan to build a second machine for my wife and 3 year old daughter. I will use my old 6700k, gigabyte gaming 7 mobo and 32 gigs of trident z 3600 ram as a starting point.
1587880275431.jpeg
That is a 980ti hydrocopper there, which I think is a beautiful card, but the upgrade is going to be a vanilla 5700xt that I had installed a waterblock on already. I, unfortunately, painted the backplate purple, so I ordered an EK backplate to replace it. I was not happy with thermals the first time I used this card so I also ordered some thermal pads and will reinstall the block.
IMG_2499.JPG
The case is white, I had a bunch of the new barrow fittings that were also white. I also have a HWL gtx 360 and 240 that are, you guessed it, white. So the color scheme will be black and white and I plan on using ek cryofuel clear, with the red dye pack I got from the 5700xt liquid devil in my main rig, to tie in the motherboard and the ram. I have wanted to use EK's 90 degree torque rotaries for awhile and this will be a good excuse. It is either going to blend well and look awesome or, well, look like amature hour. Out of the case, I think the color palette looks good.

IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG
Originally I was going to use a singularity tube reservoir because all I needed was a pump top. When I factored in that buying the singularity top was going to cost $65, and on top of that I would have to buy a pump cover which was $50, because the pump top doesnt come with the metal ring to marry it to the top, I got so pissed off I decided to go on Ebay and buy a custom made manifold. I found a guy that was making some unique stuff and almost pulled the trigger, however it was just too big of a crapshoot. What I like about these EK mass produced flat reservoirs is just that, they are a reservoir first and they give you a wall of water rather than multiple tiny channels. I honestly think the impact of the big rectangle is going to look better than multiple channels. I plan to mount it horizontally under the video card, I know that is not original but I like it, we will see if it works out. To do it I will have to drill some holes in EK's mounting brackets.
IMG_2506.JPG
IMG_2503.JPG
The first job will be to clean out the radiators and check the EK waterblock for any buildup. This will be my first time taking apart a cpu bock(I have always just replaced them.) I would love any and all advice as to the best way to gently clean a cpu block.

Last edited:
I'm also doing a rebuild because "what else am I gonna do" so I appreciate that aesthetic.

I would love any and all advice as to the best way to gently clean a cpu block.

Ketchup and a soft brush. No, really. Cover the inside of the copper plate with ketchup; after a good rinse under the tap. Let it sit for 5-15m. Use a soft brush to remove any built up debris from the fin array, rinse the ketchup off, and then rinse with DI water to remove any dissolved solids from tap water. Give the base a quick lap if you're anal about that sort of thing (or have any spotting from the acid / indentations from the chip).

So I just lucked into about 300 dollars of free money. I am now struggling on whether I should just get a 3300x or even a 3600x and a new mobo. The question is could I still use the Trident z I bought 4 years ago? Is all ddr4 ddr4? "AMD" optimized has been debunked right? For me to justify it I would have to reuse the ram. I would love some ryzen 3/mobo combos that fit the bill for a pretty good gaming setup at a great price. Talk me into this.

So I need help guys. Send me links of x570 boards around 150usd. I bought the 3600x and am looking for a motherboard, it needs wifi. I am looking for deals in the us.

Back