New Boston Dynamics Out Today

When we have countries that have created economies and political/social environments that basically support if not outright slavery then arguably indentured servitude, its hard to make a case for robotics taking over the world......you can always make more people, its not hard, you just have a lengthy replacement period which only is a problem if you have a huge population dropoff all at once, which isn't really a thing considering how small our world has become.......

These fuckers won't reach next-level until they we stop the love affair with designing after human likeness, and design purely for efficiency and speed. I think Musk once said "the ones to worry about will be the future gens that move so fast you'll need a strobe light to see them".
Yep. Quad-peds as murder machines are much less likely to tip over on uneven terrain. Much faster too.

People dance like robots and robots dance like people. Humanity is doomed.

I remember when they fell over when pushed. I feel bad for that guy... robots don't forget.

No one mentioned the the robot girlfriend but that would put hookers out of work. That would be an uprising. Hell hath no fury...

Seems rendered. How does a heavy robot get so much air at 14 seconds? Movements are a little too fluid, yet herky/jerky and the camera work too perfect. Movements are too clean, compared to past videos.

Last edited:
This is Erika, a completely autonomous robot in Japan. The more she talks to people the smarter she gets.
She is said to be the most beautiful, life-like robot in the world. In this video she interviews using English.

and this is Electro the smoking robot back in 1939

Last edited:
The limiting technology for autonomous robots in the future is energy storage: batteries. I'm sure these things cannot run long before needing to recharge. We're a long way off (never) before being able to power robots with miniature fusion reactors a la "Terminator 3".

I think battery technology is the single most important technology to develop going forward, insofar as having a direct impact on our everyday lives goes.

Well it’s only a matter of time. With electric cars taking off and record amount of money going in to battery R&D it’s eventually going to get there where these things can last a day. If they do they are battle ready atleast. 😂😂😂😂

This is Erika, a completely autonomous robot in Japan. The more she talks to people the smarter she gets.
She is said to be the most beautiful, life-like robot in the world. In this video she interviews using English.

and this is Electro the smoking robot back in 1939

That’s the least creepy humanoid robot I’ve seen so far.

No one mentioned the the robot girlfriend but that would put hookers out of work. That would be an uprising. Hell hath no fury...
Fs/t: lightly used sex bot. Well maintained. Always properly lubricated before use. Only selling because I upgraded to the multiport model.

IBM Self Assembly Technology Creates Airgap Microprocessors​

Small Cubes that Self-Assemble

Last edited:
Back