New Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer

I may have finally gotten to the point where I'm finished pre-ordering games...and everytime I do, it reinforces that I'm making the right choice. I felt burned after pre-ordering Diablo 3 and Battlefield 4. I had the urge, but ultimately passed, on Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs; two games that a friend of mine bought into when the hype train was full-steam ahead and regreted later. However, winter is coming; we'll see how I hold up through the rest of the year.

I'll admit though that just watching this trailer gave me more hope for this game than I had yesterday.

Borderlands is one game you KNOW WILL NOT suck. They get what they are doing with this franchise. CANT wait for this one

Borderlands is one game you KNOW WILL NOT suck. They get what they are doing with this franchise. CANT wait for this one

Huh? I though Borderlands 2 was significantly inferior to the first. I'm hoping this next one will be better, and hopefully free of all the non-gun-looking guns, huge stupid amounts of running with no action, and gimmicky external media for unlocking gear based on how closely you follow their facebook or twitter feeds.

I enjoyed BL2, but the advanced modes - True Vault Hunter Mode and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode - need that extra bit of difference. Otherwise it's just more of the same, but with bigger numbers.

Nothing has EVER made me want to pre-order a game... why do such a foolish thing?

Huh? I though Borderlands 2 was significantly inferior to the first. I'm hoping this next one will be better, and hopefully free of all the non-gun-looking guns, huge stupid amounts of running with no action, and gimmicky external media for unlocking gear based on how closely you follow their facebook or twitter feeds.

I liked BL2 immensely better.

Damn no edit.....
anyway, I wasn't going to buy this until I saw the trailer.....

looks pretty crazy.:eek:

Absolutely zero incentive for me to buy this, at least buy it at full price

Prequels are the ultimate in lazy storytelling.

Who the hell decided to create a 9-minute trailer with an annoying ass dude screaming in the background?

Who the hell decided to create a 9-minute trailer with an annoying ass dude screaming in the background?

Idiots who think he is funny. I turned down the volume when I played Torgues DLC. Less is more.

Now back to this Pre-sequel. I honestly cannot believe that they have the cojones to charge full AAA price for what amounts to a glorified DLC. I was contemplating getting this for a quick LAN party since our last LAN party main game was vanilla BL2 but there is no way I am going to ask my friends to spend this kind of money. We will wait until this cash grab is on steam sales for 5 bucks.

Does Randy even know that there is a crap ton of good games coming out in the next few months?

Jesus Christ the Grinder looks fun looks way better then Destiny =)
It's not Malware it's a feature =)

I'm glad they are doing something different with the environments and mehcanics in this release. Borderlands 2 was absolutely an improvement over BL1 in every way but also it was still more of the same stuff, just improved.

Looking forward to this.

I played through Borderlands and then a little of the second before saying no more. The game didn't grab me like I thought it would and this video for the new one looks more of the same crap? Borderlands needs to use one of its 'laser shotguns' on its own face.

Man, my throat started hurting just listening to that... I wonder how that voice actor handles that much screaming.

I've never played a good gearbox game. Ever.

it's just a first person rpg. boring crap

will Gearbox reputation recover from the Aliens: Colonial Marines fiasco?...this new Borderlands game seems to be getting little to no buzz

WHY NO EDIT??!?!!?!?!?

Being able to play as Claptrap could be interesting. SIGH I will prolly buy it.

I thought BL2 was better than BL but that's just me. I don't normally pre order games anymore but since I have a group of friends that I play with did pre order I did as well. I will agree that since this new game is larger than a DLC but smaller than a full game (BL3) I don't think they should charge a full game price. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth out of it however. :D

It is stuff like this that makes me love the BL series. Wont be a day one I will wait for the Black Friday 50% off steam sale with a Season Pass.

I bought 2 of them with Steam's %10 or %20 off sale last month! I can't wait LOVE them, over 200 hours in each of the BL1 & BL2! Me and my son have a blast coop.

Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon. I'll pass on this one, too. Maybe just catch up on my Sponge Bob, instead...sheeesh. What's the Age Recommendation on this , "7 and Under"...?

Torgue is in his own DLC for Borderlands =) He has a Thanksgiving one too which I haven't played much. He's suppose to be like Randy the Macho Man Savage.

Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon. I'll pass on this one, too. Maybe just catch up on my Sponge Bob, instead...sheeesh. What's the Age Recommendation on this , "7 and Under"...?

I think it's more, "Stick up ass not recommended."

I can't stand the cel-shading. It just hides bad graphics. No actually, the graphics are just bad.

I enjoyed Borderlands while it was fresh (open world fps rpg concept). I couldn't get into Borderlands 2 which was more of the same. I won't be buying this.

Destiny is a better game. Better looking and better gameplay. It may be low on contents but it'll only get better.

It is! Borderlands 1 formula was much superior compared to the second game.

Back