New BIOS v1407 available for ASUS X570 motherboards

nguyen704

[H]ard|Gawd
A few days late, but I just noticed there is a new BIOS update for ASUS X570 motherboards. The release notes say PRIME X570-PRO but I can confirm it is available for the other ASUS X570 motherboards.

Version 1407
2020/04/10
15.38 MBytes

PRIME X570-PRO BIOS 1407
"1.Improve system stability
2.Add BCLK Frequency and SB Clock Spread Spectrum items into BIOS Advanced mode. "

Last edited:
Has ASUS implemented a 0 RPM mode for the chipset fan yet? MSI, Gigabyte, and ASRock have that option but I haven't heard of ASUS implementing it yet on all their X570 motherboards.

Reactions: pavel
like this
Wish they fixed the sleep bug for the CH7...

Sleep is pretty much useless on this desktop due to the infinity fabric losing half it's speed on wake.

I realized this is a thread crap but I want a 3900X as a 'quarantine project' and I don't like any of the non ASUS boards so this has me a little salty =/

Last edited:
2.Add BCLK Frequency and SB Clock Spread Spectrum items into BIOS Advanced mode. "

Ooh, now you guys can correct the 99.8 BCLK by turning off spread spectrum to get a bit higher frequencies.

I've been running a modded UEFI on my Strix-E to get that. I see that BIOS 1408 was just released for my board that also has that same fix.

just found out about this update. its for TUF series too. excellent!

Ooh, now you guys can correct the 99.8 BCLK by turning off spread spectrum to get a bit higher frequencies.

I've been running a modded UEFI on my Strix-E to get that. I see that BIOS 1408 was just released for my board that also has that same fix.
I'm running 1408 on my Strix-E, but I still have to ask. Where do you find a modified UEFI for this board?

I'm running 1408 on my Strix-E, but I still have to ask. Where do you find a modified UEFI for this board?

Here's the thread with modified 1405 BIOS on OCN. I'm thinking of going back to that one. My 64GB DDR3-3600 memory kit is giving me cold boot POST issues on 1408 with XMP set. I didn't get that before 1408.

Back