New bios for MSI NEO2 939

Summoner

[H]ard|Gawd
Version 1.2 is on liveupdate now. Documented changes are :

1. This is Award BIOS release.
2. This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Support FSB to 450MHz.
- Support K8 CPU Rev. D 939-Pin 128-bit.
3. 2004/08/30

undocumented :

0.5 multis now available
Temps seem to be reading correctly now!

1.2 bios rocks.

With the half multiplier I am getting 240x10.5 for a nice 2520 at default V Core.

CPU at idle around 32C.

That's pretty good. Can you run any benchmarking programs with that setup or just boot into Window's?

Played around with the settings, running 250 x 10 now at default v core.

RAM is set as per the signature. Video card is not overclocked.

3DMark2003 - 11,333

Sandra Memory - 6279/6218

Sandra CPU - 11085/3981/5189

Man, I had been looking at the NEO2 very seriously for a 2500+ setup in the coming couple months....and now its looking better and better.

Those half mutlipliers are really gonna help a lot of ppl out i think.....well......they already seem to be.....so now I just wanna join in the fun. :D

That means that I'll be looking for a buyer for almost my whole sig system (cpu/mobo for sure anyways) pretty soon, it'll probly be last, but I'll most likely also be wanting to get some OCZ PC3500EB or Corsair PC3200XL Pro.....I'm getting kinda tired of this PC4000. :p

/offtopic

For me I feel that I got my moneys worth and I moved from a rig similar to yours.

Asus P4C800E Deluxe
2.8C @ 3500
2x512 HyperX4000

PClark99 said:
For me I feel that I got my moneys worth and I moved from a rig similar to yours.

Asus P4C800E Deluxe
2.8C @ 3500
2x512 HyperX4000

Yeah, don't get me wrong....still a nice setup....I just can't stay satisfied with my comp for more then a few months. :p

It's finally clear in basically all game and synthetic benchmarks what the top CPU's are, which makes my decision to finally make the switch that much easier.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, don't get me wrong....still a nice setup....I just can't stay satisfied with my comp for more then a few months. :p

It's finally clear in basically all game and synthetic benchmarks what the top CPU's are, which makes my decision to finally make the switch that much easier.

As far as setups go, every time I upgrade I say that I am done for a while, unfortunately I get that itch every 6 months that needs a little scratch.

I'm finding the 1.2 bios a little buggy - it undervolts the CPU slot by at least 0.05 and my volts on the CPU are moving all over the show, even with my PCP&C showing rock steady 12v, 5v, 3.3v. Also boot times are longer and sometimes it hangs if you press delete too quick.

I switched back to 1.1 as my temps are read by a probe and I found that more stable.

Back