New Betas avaliable. 285.27

After having several problems with the last three sets of drivers, this new beta has not only eliminated them but has given me a noticable improvement in performance - and I have only a lone GTX-470! Nice to report that nVidia has its eye back on the ball.

I haven't seen any noticeable improvement. But I haven't seen anything get worse. >.> (From 280.26)

AFaiK, the main purpose of these beta drivers is to fix 280.26 issues with the emitter not responding to it's manual depth settings in 3D Vision.

These fixed the cursor issues when changing resolution in BC2 for me, so I'd really recommend you grab these if you play BC2. Performance was great at 6080x1200, all effects high as well.

Anyone else have any problems with YouTube or other flash videos? It seems that when I change to fullscreen it goes down to 10fps, and then it can only be fixed by clicking a different position on the tracking bar.

I did an install over the old drivers so that it would keep some profiles, but I'll try a clean install and see what happens.

Edit: The clean install seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:
No, do NOT use driversweeper for "clean install". Let that antiquated, long, buggy way of installing/uninstalling graphics drivers die already. This myth still lingers around just like the human eye can only see 30fps nonsense and the loch ness monster.

285.27 working great for me (just like every single other release)

Yeah I'm always wary of using stuff like driver sweeper. Nvidia's drivers have a "clean install" function anyway and it works.

so far I've seen a solid performance boost in 3dmark 11 still lots stuff to test though :)

No, do NOT use driversweeper for "clean install". Let that antiquated, long, buggy way of installing/uninstalling graphics drivers die already. This myth still lingers around just like the human eye can only see 30fps nonsense and the loch ness monster.

285.27 working great for me (just like every single other release)

The difference is that, invariably, every driver release thread has several people in it complaining that it fucked something up. The fully clean installation is the last resort fix for those problems (short of a reformat).

Was using 270's, no problems. Just installed these and am having Flash issues. Back to 270's.

Amen!!!

Was using 270's, no problems. Just installed these and am having Flash issues. Back to 270's.

In the full release notes (not the short ones usually post with the drivers) it says there's some issues with fullscreen HD playback for Flash. It says it's fixed in the 11.0.1.83 or later version of Flash, so I installed the newest RC for Flash 11 and it worked.

These fixed an issue I was having with my 580gtx 3gb card in world of tanks. The game would for no reason at all, start running slow on me. I would have to then task out into desktop and back into the game to fix it. It would do this every 10-20 minutes.

After installing these beta drivers my game runs 100% now. Did not expect them to be drivers.

Anybody else having video playback problems in youtube with the betas?

The big win for this beta is that GP-GPU stuff no longer locks the card at a 'low power state' clocks when you stop the processing of whatever you were doing.

For those of us who had been unable to use Folding @ Home for so long due to this bug, this actually lets us use it, again! First time since 266.58 that it's been working properly!

Back