New Beta driver 270.51

Sipster

Gawd
Release Highlights:

This is the first release from the Release 270 family of drivers (versions 270.xx to 274.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.

New in Release 270.51

GPU Support
•Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.

Performance
•Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 580:
◦Up to 516% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
◦Up to 326% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on)
◦Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
◦Up to 11% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
◦Up to 7% in Civilization V (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
◦Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
◦Up to 5% in Civilization V (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
◦Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Outdoor)
◦Up to 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
◦Up to 4% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
◦Up to 4% in Mafia 2 (SLI 2560x1600 AA on/16xAF, PhysX = High)

GeForce GTX 560 Ti:
◦Up to 461% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 1920x1200 8xAA/16xAF, Very High)
◦Up to 241% in Dragon Age 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Very High)
◦Up to 19% in Just Cause 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
◦Up to 13% in Just Cause 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Concrete Jungle)
◦Up to 6% in Far Cry 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
◦Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Jungle Map)
◦Up to 5% in H.A.W.X. 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Max settings)
◦Up to 4% in Call of Duty: Black Ops (SLI 2560x1600 4xAA/16xAF, Jungle Map)
◦Up to 4% in Civilization V (1920x1200 noAA/AF, Max settings)
◦Up to 4% in Left 4 Dead 2 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, Outdoor)
◦Up to 4% in Metro 2033 (SLI 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF, PhysX on)

NVIDIA Update
•This is a new feature in Release 270 and later drivers. NVIDIA Update keeps your PC up-to-date with the latest NVIDIA drivers by notifying you when a new driver is available and directing you to the driver on www.nvidia.com. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.com, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update. Click here to learn more about NVIDIA Update.

NVIDIA 3D Vision
•With Release 270 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v270.47 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information, please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
•New features added to 3D Vision window mode
◦Adds support for HDMI 1.4 3D TVs when using 3DTV Play software, including DirectX 9 games, Google Earth, and 3DVisionLive.com.
◦3D Vision window mode now works with Windows Aero enabled
◦New NVIDIA Control Panel option to toggle 3D Vision window mode on or off.
•Performance improvements
◦DirectX 9 applications when using NVIDIA SLI
◦Better performance using the in-game crosshair for Half-life 2, Left4Dead, and Left4Dead2
•Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: Tongfang LM2230W
•Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1261P, Acer X1261-3D, DepthQ HDs3D-1, NEC NP-V300X, Sanyo PDG-DXL2000
•Fixed problem with DLP HDTVs and SLI which caused problems with eye synchronization
•Add support for new 3D Vision All In One PCs: Acer Aspire Z5673, Lenovo B520
•Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
◦Alice Madness Returns
◦Crysis 2 (including multi-player demo)
◦Dead Space 2
◦DeathSpank
◦Dragon Age II
◦Duke Nukem Forever
◦Dungeon Defenders
◦Dungeon Siege III
◦Fable III
◦Faxion Online
◦F.3.A.R.
◦Final Fantasy XIV
◦Homefront (DirectX 9 and DirectX 10)
◦Lego Universe
◦Need for Speed World
◦Portal 2
◦Richard Burns Rally
◦Rift
◦Section 8: Prejudice
◦Shift 2 Unleashed
◦Shogun 2: Total War
◦Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
◦Test Drive Unlimited 2
◦The Sims Medieval
•Updated the following 3D Vision game profiles
◦MX vs. ATV Reflex
◦Monster Hunter Frontier Benchmark

NVIDIA Surround
•Adds 3D Vision Surround support when using 3D Vision monitors with built-in IR emitters
•Increase performance for GeForce 200 series, 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several DirectX 9 PC games vs. the latest Release 265 drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7 64-bit. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration.

GeForce GTX 480 SLI in 3D Vision Surround:
•Up to 109% in Aliens vs. Predator (5760x1080 1xAA / 16xAF)
•Up to 107% in Burnout Paradise (5760x1080 2xAA / 16xAF)
•Up to 267% in Call of Duty Black Ops (5760x1080 2xAA / 16xAF)
•Up to 177% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (5760x1080 2xAA / 16xAF)
•Up to 15% in Far Cry 2 DirectX 9 (5760x1080 2xAA / 16xAF)
•Up to 250% in Left4Dead2 (5760x1080 2xAA / 16xAF)
•Up to 159% in Need for Speed Shift 2 (5760x1080 2xAA / 16xAF)

CUDA
•Adds support for applications using CUDA 4.0 features such as Unified Virtual Addressing (UVA) and GPUDirect™ v2.0.

Other
•Installs HD Audio driver version 1.2.22.1
•Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
•Supports playing back Blu-ray 3D discs when connecting your GPU to an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. Playback requires compatible software application from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Roxio, or Corel. For GPU and system requirements, visit the NVIDIA Blu-ray 3D website.
•Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
•Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
•Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
•Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
•Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
•Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
•Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
•Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
•Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
•Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

good to see that they fixed Dragon Age 2, I'd like to see this 500% increase though :p without any visible differences.

Wow, some serious performance improvements there. However I doubt the 500+% boost in Dragon age 2 will be with the high res texture pack installed, same goes for the 560Ti. That may be more like a 100% improvement if that as I believe the issue there is more Vram related than anything else.

Also as another side comment. The performance boosts in Just cause 2 are for the benchmarks, in concrete jungle, not actual gameplay so that's a waste unless of course you really like to benchmark that much.

The performance boosts in Just cause 2 are for the benchmarks, in concrete jungle, not actual gameplay so that's a waste unless of course you really like to benchmark that much.

I believe the purpose of the in-game benchmark is to provide a gauge of what to expect from your system during play. You may not see 4% all the time, but anything is better than nothing.

I believe the purpose of the in-game benchmark is to provide a gauge of what to expect from your system during play. You may not see 4% all the time, but anything is better than nothing.

No, not the case. The benchmark in Just cause 2 is VERY different than how the game runs. Many reviews dont use them as they tell you nothing of what to expect when actually playing the game.

No, not the case. The benchmark in Just cause 2 is VERY different than how the game runs. Many reviews dont use them as they tell you nothing of what to expect when actually playing the game.

I was not aware of that. Seems pretty pointless to put a benchmark into a game that does not provide useful feedback. Thanks for the info.

Can anyone check to see if the HD Audio driver version 1.2.22.1 is able to bitstream support for Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master audio?

I am assuming no since I remember when they added the feature to the GTX 460 they actually mention it in the notes.

What was so screwed up with DA2 compatability before that they could get a 500% improvement in it.

What was so screwed up with DA2 compatability before that they could get a 500% improvement in it.

http://www.techspot.com/review/374-dragon-age-2-performance-test/page4.html

1920x1200vh.png

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd-6990_8.html#sect1

da2.png

http://translate.google.hr/translat...deons-vor-Geforce/Rollenspiel-Adventure/Test/

2hs2e0m.png

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...d-6990-graphics-card-review-dragon-age-2.html

2q18iab.jpg
2z5uk3k.jpg

2ylr22x.jpg

BSOD for me trying to access the control panel since installing this driver

man I always stuck with nvidia (and I'm using a 460 right now) just because their drivers at one time were clearly better. I will say without a doubt this is no longer true, over this past year their driver team went full retard.

man I always stuck with nvidia (and I'm using a 460 right now) just because their drivers at one time were clearly better. I will say without a doubt this is no longer true, over this past year their driver team went full retard.

yes....i dont get it...something changed in a big way for me too, starting with 260.99, or i should say, for my 460GTX, that was the last driver to work well, everything since then Beta or WHQL is causing the games to lock up and eventually get the "display driver has stopped responding/has recovered"

it was happening on the only two games i play, BFBC2 and Crysis/Crysis Warhead and then yesterday I tried the 266.58 WHQL again with Shift 2 Unleashed and within the first minute again, locked up, same story.....go back to 260.99 WHQL and everything is perfect, 100% stable

running Win 7x64 btw.....

yes....i dont get it...something changed in a big way for me too, starting with 260.99, or i should say, for my 460GTX, that was the last driver to work well, everything since then Beta or WHQL is causing the games to lock up and eventually get the "display driver has stopped responding/has recovered"

it was happening on the only two games i play, BFBC2 and Crysis/Crysis Warhead and then yesterday I tried the 266.58 WHQL again with Shift 2 Unleashed and within the first minute again, locked up, same story.....go back to 260.99 WHQL and everything is perfect, 100% stable

running Win 7x64 btw.....

i've had no issues with 266.58 WHQL or 267.24 beta's on Win7 64bit. i guess i've been fortunate.

The previous WHQL's were great for me until Crysis 2 and DA2 came out.

Wow, these drivers have been Hoserville for me, 3D is totally whacked out for me, rolling back to the 267.46 's for now.

Good grief. It seems like I install new nVidia drivers every two days now. And whats all this talk constantly about Dragon Age II? Some game that got horrible reviews.

Good grief. It seems like I install new nVidia drivers every two days now.

Nothing official for all of their cards has come out officially for a while, the last spat of drivers was for the 590 only I believe.

Ya the official qualified ones only come out every month or two. Different beta versions seem to have been released every couple of days the last few weeks. I have a bad habit of trying out the newest ones constantly.

Up to 516% in Dragon Age 2 (SLI 2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF Very High, SSAO on
this is true. my game went from a slide show at 4800x1200 at high settings no aa to 45fps at 5167x1200 on very high setting 2x aa with my 470 sli mild overclock
great driver fix.

that 500% is no joke. My fps increased dramatically. I wish they had a 500% performance increase across all games :D

Glad to hear this, could be be but I've tried intalling this driver a couple of times and each time 3D has gotten hosed, hopefully they'll be getting a WHQL version out quickly.

that 500% is no joke. My fps increased dramatically. I wish they had a 500% performance increase across all games :D

They've fixed corner-cases like that in the Linux driver too, for individual users!

While it doesn't specifically say it, the GTX480 benefits from the huge boost in performance for DA2 as well.

Single GTX480 with DA2 @ 1920x1200, 4xaa, 16x af, HIGH settings with SSAO enabled was 39-42 average fps in kirkwall, higher in the surrounding low detail areas.

New drive has upped that to 55-57 fps constantly in the middle of kirkwall with at least 15 npc's rendered on screen, it hits the v-sync cap constantly outside or with no npcs on screen.

Raised the bar to VERY HIGH settings with depth of field and "high quality blur" and the game went from a slide show (previous drivers) to 36fps minimum or 50 in surrounding areas. Playable at these settings, but i prefer the liquid smoothness of the high setting now.

However when I changed the settings for the first time I had brief red blue and green artifacts on the screen. They lasted around 2-3 seconds (within the menu) and then they disappeared. Didn't enjoy that.

I've been using several of the modified INF driver versions and I'm not seeing THAT much improvement in DA2 on "very high" compared to those. Fog still bogs everything down and fire in cutscenes still does, too.
I'm happy playing on DX11/High/4XAA and staying at 60FPS all the time.

I've been using several of the modified INF driver versions and I'm not seeing THAT much improvement in DA2 on "very high" compared to those. Fog still bogs everything down and fire in cutscenes still does, too.
I'm happy playing on DX11/High/4XAA and staying at 60FPS all the time.

High is not Dx11, it's Dx10. Personally i use Very High(DX11), but without DOF...

High is not Dx11, it's Dx10. Personally i use Very High(DX11), but without DOF...

It's listed as DX11 within the game, so that's technically what my settings say :)
Either way, I'm a nitpicker for framerates and the DX11 fog/fire bogdowns annoy the hell of out me so I refuse to play in that mode unless Nvidia gives me another 400% boost to smooth 'em out.

Hmm. Getting weird problems with this driver after a restart. First, whenever my monitor goes to sleep, my monitor doesn't wake up any more. Secondly, whenever I hook up my HDMI to my TV, my monitor will go to sleep automatically (the only way to temporary fix this is to go to screen resolution -> change extend to duplicate -> press cancel and somehow the signal is fixed). *sighs*

Went to try this driver for my 280 SLI to see if it might help with that Crysis 2 flickering rave party. It did, although the driver setup program failed every time I tried it. I would manually remove the older drivers, let it install clean and only the driver part wouldn't come up as 'failed'. I manually installed Physx and it claimed it was successful, sure? Didn't bother with the other stuff as I have no HDMI audio or 3D stuff but now I'm scared to try the Nvidia control panel. I'll try later tonight after work.

I can tell you that 3DTV Play doesn't work with this driver at all. I know it's probably not that common (just for people who have their PC hooked up to a 3DTV), but it was a total annoyance for me.

these seem to have broken bezel correction for me.. setting up the bezel correction in the control panel does not add the new resolutions to the the windows res. selection and if you try and change it to the new resolution from the nvidia control panel it just black screens and switches back to default

Haven't noticed any immediate issues using the rig-in-sig using Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Screen resolution is 2560 x 1600 for all games.

Fan control for me has improved. Setting on Auto is more aligned to keeping the GTX 580 cooler by roughly 2c than with the WHQL 266.58.

Forcing AA/AF in the control panel seems to work better than WHQL 266.58. 16xQ and 16xAF with 8x (Supersample) Transparency doesn't lag certain games as much, if at all, than it used to.

Fallout: New Vegas is a couple of frames faster overall as well as Borderlands. Crysis 1 and Warhammer also seem a touch smoother in areas of high vegetation or with multiple enemies & vehicles on the screen.

I still have a lot of testing to do but thus far this driver release has had a positive effect.

This driver loads BC2 fine but the menu doesn't work at all for me - when I click on anything, it doesn't register. The system isn't locked up though, just doesn't recognize mouse input? Tried a clean install too, same deal. Rolled back to 267.31 and no problems..

Back