New BenQ BL3201PH VS refurbished Acer Predator XB321HK

srt8driver

n00b
Inherited a little cash, going to upgrade my work/battlestation. Trying to decide between a:
-New BenQ 32-Inch IPS 4K Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (BL3201PH), 4K2K HD 3840x2160
-Certified Refurbished Acer Predator XB321HK 32" Display Monitor, 4K UHD, 3840 x 2160, 4 ms, IPS (Gsync).

This is for my second monitor, to replace an old Dell U3011 that is dying. I have a 980 SLI.

They are about the same cost (if buying a referb Acer). Gaming is not necessarily a consideration (I already have an XB321HK as my main monitor, and NVIDIA Surround is not really reasonable for 4k monitors). I love the current Acer, but worry about refurb.

Anyone have experience with buying a refurbished Acer Monitor? Or experience with BenQ monitor?

Both use the same AUO panel. Both seem to be affected by random flickering. BenQ has Freesync. I'd avoid both if you don't need anything immediately.

Is the QNIX the same AUO panel? Or something different? I like the price, but I have never heard of them.

Both use the same AUO panel. Both seem to be affected by random flickering. BenQ has Freesync. I'd avoid both if you don't need anything immediately.

The BenQ doesn't have Freesync, and mine doesn't have the flicker - but I've only had it about a year.

BL3201PH does have Freesync as long as you have one built after something like March 2015. When I plugged it into my Fury X I was able to enable it.

BL3201PH does have Freesync as long as you have one built after something like March 2015. When I plugged it into my Fury X I was able to enable it.

Thanks for the correction, I'm not sure when mine was made. Strange that they wouldn't advertise that feature, but I run Nvidia, anyway.

Back