New BD+ Blu-ray Copy Protection Cracked

I haven't bought any Blu-ray movies in quite a while. Every time I buy them, I end up having to try out 6 different versions of PowerDVD/ArcSoft/WinDVD just to get it to work. It's really embarrassing when you have guests over to your home theater and you can't get movies to playback because the updates don't work like they're supposed to. =/

I know what you mean w1retap. Powerdvd played like 1 in 5 movies I brought/rented, and the damned program cost 80 bucks. :( A good solution I found, is to rip the blu-ray to the HDD with slysoft's software, mux it to .mkv with eac3to and mkvmergegui, then store them on a 1TB hard disk and play them back with WMP or VLC, that's worked for every blu-ray I tried with no quality loss except for some of the high-def audio formats that have to be converted to ac3 (easily done with eac3to.)

Yea but for someone who watches movies as much as me, it's definitely worth it. Although there is no excuse for the sorry state of the blu-ray player programs.

I got my copy of PowerDVD for free. Bought an OEM BD/HD drive.....arrived DOA....newegg sent me another one with software and a cable. Not sure if they made a mistake or not, but I love the price.
FWIW, it's PowerDVD 7 Ultra

Which movies have you had problems with? I had no issues with The Dark Knight. Haven't tried Wall-E or Iron Man yet

The latest one that didn't work for me in PDVD 7.3 v3319a was Indiana Jones. I tried several versions and updates of PDVD 7.3 Ultra, and nothing would get it to playback. It wouldn't even load. I had to install PDVD8 to get it to playback from the disk. I haven't bought any Blu-ray since then, and I really don't plan on buying any more unless they're under $10 or they make a player that actually works the second you put a disk in with any movie. Before Indiana Jones, I had to wait a week for an update so the last Pirates of the Caribbean would work. I'm done with all the disks.. I'll stick to DRM free rips and x264 encodes.

The latest one that didn't work for me in PDVD 7.3 v3319a was Indiana Jones. I tried several versions and updates of PDVD 7.3 Ultra, and nothing would get it to playback. It wouldn't even load. I had to install PDVD8 to get it to playback from the disk. I haven't bought any Blu-ray since then, and I really don't plan on buying any more unless they're under $10 or they make a player that actually works the second you put a disk in with any movie. Before Indiana Jones, I had to wait a week for an update so the last Pirates of the Caribbean would work. I'm done with all the disks.. I'll stick to DRM free rips and x264 encodes.

Not sure if this has anythign to do with it, but I have ANYDVD running at all times, it decrypts on the fly. And all my bluray discs work just dandy with PDVD ultra

Don't have IJ, but I guess they changed when it came out. I don't know why they don't figure out a way to include updates on the BDs. BD-J classes should be virtually identical across all platforms. If they actually need an update to the JRE, then they need to come up with a better design.

It can't possibly take up that much space on the disks to fix it. For that matter, they could put it on the disk that has the digital copy that they're including in many title....though I'd prefer they do what they promised and allow copying to a computer. Oh well...I have anydvd, so no biggie.

It would be nice if they'd just make it universal with updates on a special boot section of the disk. That would be far too easy and sensible though. If you look on Cyberlink's Community Forum, there's still people complaining about various movie titles not working under any update/version of PDVD7.

Didn't matter, I tried that too.

Did you try a complete purge of PowerDVD from your system (registry entries, etc...), then reinstalling?

I had to do this to get this latest crop of BD+ titles to work (Firefly, X-files, etc...). After re-installing the exact same version of PowerDVD, they all worked.

I agree though, it's a royal PITA to go through those kinds of hoops to just get the d*mn movie to play. :mad:

Did you try a complete purge of PowerDVD from your system (registry entries, etc...), then reinstalling?

I had to do this to get this latest crop of BD+ titles to work (Firefly, X-files, etc...). After re-installing the exact same version of PowerDVD, they all worked.

I agree though, it's a royal PITA to go through those kinds of hoops to just get the d*mn movie to play. :mad:
Yes, that's precisely what I did. This beta-ware garbage just doesn't work half the time. WinDVD isn't even worth installing at all. Arcsoft causes hard resets right in the middle of most movies, and PowerDVD works *most* of the time but shits a brick every time you try a new movie. Needless to say I'm not buying their software ever again.

I used to watch Blu-Ray on PowerDVD and WinDVD but I've stopped couple of months ago as I got tired of getting software updates to play movies. Heck, I'm kind of pissed I had to do firmware updates for my BD player just so I can watch X-Files 2.

I guess I don't really mind physical movie DRM. It plays in the Blu-Ray player; that's about all I want to do with it, anway.

I suppose if I had an HTPC my opinion would be different.

Im now a Slysoft customer.... guess the DMCA Police will be on my ass now.

For a while it was too much, the Euro peak made it $130, but thier sale made it $89, so I bit in time to have lifetime updates.

For me, it is having to unplig the 24" monitor, just to watch a movie on the 42" that pissed me off the most. HDCP I understand, but whay the hell do they care that I have two HDCP compliant monitors connected at the same time.

Haven't had any issues with PowerDVD Ultra for a while, but I do sympathize with Tap, it is a pain, but in a sense PDVD is playing catchup with the DRM tweaks all the time as each new movie comes out. So the DRM is the real culprit.

It would be nice if they'd just make it universal with updates on a special boot section of the disk. That would be far too easy and sensible though. If you look on Cyberlink's Community Forum, there's still people complaining about various movie titles not working under any update/version of PDVD7.

Is it an issue with DRM or references to new BD-J classes that aren't in an older version of the software?

If it's DRM, then, IMO, they need to make sure every h/w and s/w vendor has the update pushed out to their players (at least the ones connected to the net). I doubt that it'd be practical to include firmware for every player out there.....though perhaps they should just end out CD's to the B&Ms to distribute as needed.
I don't get why Ciberlink wouldn't have the update out in advance.

If it's a Java, I say drop the classes onto the BD disks....if they need new java exe and libs, that still shouldn't take too much space...even if they need 100 different exe and associated libs.

That's what we get for BR's victory over HD. I'm in the percentage of people who would set up a HTPC and consume BD products but for having to bend over backwards to get it to work. F that.

How ironic that a lot of people depend on the hackers to even play their legally bought BD movies :rolleyes:

I can't say I've had to bend over backwards. In fact, I don't really need Anydvd at this point, but I wanted to be prepared for when I do set up a media server....and I wanted lifetime updates.

FYI folks, in a sly move, Slysoft has extended their sale and the lifetime updates license till 1/11.

If you play games, I'd suggest buying the game software too. After discount, it's only 5 or 6 bucks more. I know we can get cracks to avoid using a CD or create an ISO and mount it, but seems like it might be easier (and possibly use less HD space). Too bad I didn't realize that 3 days ago.

How ironic that a lot of people depend on the hackers to even play their legally bought BD movies :rolleyes:

Pay the studios for the media, then pay the hackers (slysoft in this case) to make the product you bought usable. Why did we let it get this far?

Pay the studios for the media, then pay the hackers (slysoft in this case) to make the product you bought usable. Why did we let it get this far?

Because the majority is dumb.

I not paying either of them. I download 720P *.mkv

Suddenly I'm reminded of the Trace Buster Buster Buster in the movie The Big Hit and also the fact that Windows Genuine Advantage was cracked before the XP street date.

Someday, these companies will learn that resistance is futile.

good old devilsown!

fckgw-rhqq2-yxrkt-8tg6w-2b7q8.jpg

or better yet the 12 year old who cracked sony's CD protection with a marker!

I have power DVD 7.3 installed on my laptop and there isn't a movie it could not play back in bluray...just had to wait for it to get the "OK" to play the movie from the server....most recent movie that I tried was the latest mummy movie

You're saying some kind of server authorizes (or not) your attempt to play a movie? :confused:

Wondering the same here. I figured Bluray play back software would need regular updates due to the ever changing DRM, but I did not figure I would need the internet to watch a movie from a disk. I don't use Power DVD at all, so could please clarify that for us YeuEmMaiMai.

Ehh, my lappy only has a 15.4" screen. Doubt I would be able tell much a difference between DVD and Bluray on such a small screen. Not sure I would be able to tell much a difference even on a 17".

Back