New Battlefield game launching this year

Battlefield 5

maybe? could be good :LOL:

I just looked Battlefield 4 came out back in 2013 yeah it's been that long already.

Modern FTW. I'll take 80s Cold War era if not modern. Future count me out. WWII will be like BF1, I may pick it up when it is 50% off and the seasons pass is $15. BF1 is just lame in large part due to the setting, but also the console style mechanics. They have an uphill battle to make the game a worthy successor to 3/4 and that is before we start worrying about lookboxes, micro transactions and grinding for content concerns.

I would really like to see a BF1942 remake or another BF Vietnam game.

I would really like to see a BF1942 remake or another BF Vietnam game.

If they do Vietnam I would rather then expand into a fictional Cold War gone hot theme, 70-80s time frame. You can have a lot of European vehicles and weapons in the game; I'd find Vietnam too limiting. A lot of interesting things you can do balance wise if some asymmetrical balance is on the table. For example the American Abrams had a 105mm, the German Leopard 2 a 120mm, Soviets had T-72 & T-80s with 125mm. Those vehicles alone bring different speed, armor, damage/penetration, characteristics which would make the game interesting and different. BF1 brought different tank types that played differently and perhaps that is the only thing I like about the game. If Cold War were the theme I'd very much like multiple MBT types per side.

I would also like to see a somewhat more detailed ammo, armor type and penetration mechanic in a future BF game. Not quite Armored Warfare, but borrow some of those mechanics.

If it's modern or close to that time period I'll probably play it. If it's WW2 or futuristic I probably won't. I barely played Battlefield 1. The 80's cold war era idea sounds fun.

Back